Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Just wanna remind you all that Tage Thompson is insane

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1587256009944453124?s=46&t=Ks2SgrdbWuVbuPv39J5qhw

Also Dahlin’s reaction, which you can see right at the end of the clip, is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dahlin has been getting physical and fighting with guys this season and it owns. He also snowed a guy who was down in the face while the ref wasn’t looking. He is the greatest.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1589632014663438337

These and the canes flag blacks are the only good black jerseys in the league

I hate these jerseys but they’re not as bad as the banana slug logo.

I might buy one for my dad, but it would require me to actually go to the Sabres store.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DJExile posted:

Oh man wait til you find out what you can do online these days

The social media/website say they’re only available in the physical store!

Edit: they are definitely not available online! What a sneaky way to get people to come to the games!

I inherited my Step-Dad’s goat head Michael Peca jersey so I will definitely wear it to one of the third jersey games.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 7, 2022

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres had pretty much everything go wrong last night, all three Coyotes goals against Comrie were due to weird bounces and a Zamboni broke down between periods 2 & 3 lmao they dominated play for half the game but couldn’t buy a goal. It wouldn’t have been so frustrating if they weren’t already on a two-game losing streak. And now they have to play Vegas on Thursday and Boston on Saturday, so they could easily go on a five-game skid. hosed up!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This happened in the Sabres/Bruins game, which is currently halfway through the first period, so even if the Sabres lose I won’t feel too bad about it:

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1591587788004429825?s=46&t=XmjMiQTcOnt6qkOtzjIqcA

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tage scored a shortie last night and the Sabres played really well, but they still lost to the Bruins last night :negative: it wouldn’t hurt as bad if they had beaten Arizona on Tuesday. Now they’ve lost five in a row.

People on Twitter are saying it’s like a weird inversion of the 10-game win streak from 2018, where they are playing well for the most part but losing anyway. As opposed to mostly playing like poo poo but winning anyway, ten times in a row lol

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres are in an interesting position right now. And by interesting I mean horrible!

- They have won one game in November, on the 2nd. They lost to Arizona, Vancouver and Ottawa during their 7-game losing streak.
- They started 7-3 and are now 7-10.
- Okposo has a mysterious injury.
- Last game, Girgensens got his face cut open and left partway through the game. The Sabres, btw, botched the double minor by taking a garbage penalty a minute in so there was two minutes of 4-on-4. They continued to give up short-handed opportunities throughout the game.
- Rasmus Dahlin bumped an Ottawa player with his dumptruck rear end, that player awkwardly hit Eric Comrie who was fine for about thirty seconds then injured himself trying to stop a goal (he didn’t stop it).
- The Sabres have recalled Ukko-Pekka Lukkonen from Rochester, who is starting against the Leafs. His first start this season.
- Due to injuries, the Sabres are running 7 D tonight.

:shepicide:

Edit: they aren’t running 7 D, that guy was wrong wtf

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 20, 2022

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

th3t00t posted:

The players who have been through this before are starting to get that 1000 yard stare. Mittlestadt scored a goal against the Leafs last night to bring the Sabres within 3 in the 3rd and the expression on his face was that of someone who just got the news their dog died. No happiness, no excitement.

How long before Dahlin "loses his love for the game" and gets traded away for pennies on the dollar? And then goes on to win a Norris, Smythe and Cup for his new team the very next season.

This team plays almost entirely on the perimeter. They look like they're being coached to play the same game that Ralph Kreuger coached them to play. And they're getting the same results.

8 in a row.. we want 9!

The struggle is definitely wearing on them. And yeah, you’re right, they are playing a boring, predictable game instead of the high event hockey they were playing before. Might have to do with the fact that they were giving up tons of odd-man rushes in every game, so they tried to play it safe but instead they’re just getting crushed. Their Power Play is just sad, they slowly pass around the perimeter and then try to get a one-timer past the goalie. Every time. They are 32nd in the league in hits, they are playing a very soft game and getting trampled. They are just plain bad at defense, totally unaware in their own zone which leads to great chances for their opponents. Very frustrating to watch them lose their composure every game, even against lovely teams.

There’s still time for them to salvage their season but even getting Samuelsson back isn’t going to make a huge impact if the rest of the players don’t snap out of their trance. Power, Dahlin and Samuelsson are good but the other defensemen range from bad to a liability. Lyubushkin is fine, although I wish he’d hit more. Jokiharju is very bad at defense and Bryson is bad at everything. It seems like, besides Pilut, none of their depth defensemen are worth their roster slot. And it doesn’t matter how good their goalies are if the other players are giving up chance after chance.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres won a game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Seems more like they lost to a bunch of teams that are better than them and then beat another bad team tonight.

They lost to Arizona, Vancouver and Ottawa during that loss stream lol

Samuelsson came back and that helped a lot, apparently!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Arizona is definitely worse but I don't think the Sabres are significantly better than Ottawa or Vancouver. They're all teams with some promising pieces but also a lot of holes/inexperience.

It doesn’t matter how good they are compared to Buffalo, they are bad and Buffalo lost to them during the streak.

They also crushed Ottawa and Vancouver earlier in the season, so :shrug:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres are back, baby

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1595610011497119745?s=46&t=gIImd2Pvk9kVkEJS5AONdA

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Kings you mean
but still lol

People on Twitter saying the Sabres should take him. They have enough bad goalies already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres blew a three-goal lead in the third period against a division rival. That was bad!

Then the game went to a shootout and this happened:

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1598150336513859586?s=46&t=ubovnDXpXbwvdcEww_i_qw

:laugh: