Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
the blues are loving terrible and i hope they continue to be so they can finally replenish their prospect pool! but i know doug armstrong and ownership won't allow that so looking forward to trading more first rounders for a lovely defenseman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

The main problem is their core are locked up long term and there's maybe one or two prospects who might crack the 2nd line if they pan out. They need to go all in on a rebuild, but it's going to be impossible so the next 4-5 years are gonna be pretty dark until ownership is willing to swallow the tough rebuild pill.

I hate to say this, but moving Thomas and Kyrou for a haul of picks is probably the best way forward, since nobody is taking on those 30+ contracts without the Blues paying them to do so (maybe someone desperate enough at the deadline would bite on Tarasenko or Faulk/Krug, but I doubt it).

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

The Blues are going to perpetually around the 7th or 8th seed for the future as a ceiling. Their defense is incredibly bad and poorly constructed and they need a high powered offense to overcome that. Right now, guys are regressing to the mean over a two year period which is going to result in a lot of ugly losses. They'll go on a tear later and be fighting for a playoff spot until the end of the season (this would be more pronounced if they played in the East where they'd be facing a much steeper hill to climb), but that's only going to get harder as the years go on with no reliable replacements coming. If the contracts could be moved or didn't exist, this wouldn't be as concerning since they could sign some aging-out-of-prime player to keep the ship afloat.

But they do exist and they're not going to be easy to move (requiring further depletion of draft picks), so right now it's like watching a ship sinking slowly with nothing being done to try and fix it. It's a bummer and I try to enjoy the games where they look like they're playing well, but I'm realistic about what's going down with them over the next five years

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

another embarrassing effort from the blues. armstrong was interviewed in the athletic and he left the door cracked open to a rebuild, so it would be great if the blues kept sucking total rear end to force his hand

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Blues are bad, RIP.

good. force doug armstrong to try and rebuild, even though they're hamstrung like the sharks for the next 6 years

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

i can't wait for the blues to start trading contracts

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

wow the ducks are bad. but the blues still allowed 31 shots to them lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

blues playing teams with a pulse and back to getting caved in.