Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I thought the Bowness Jets were supposed to be boring now. Turns out they're just as bad as they were before, but now all the players are saying the locker room is in a much better spot.

Edit: Also, Scheifele still doesn't give a poo poo about playing D.

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1586912689380638721?t=9ZX4jMkAMeJRd1da7FWRbQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Rupp has a point on this one. If you're going to get involved in something, don't just stand there and smile when your teammates come to defend you. Your teammates are dropping their gloves, potentially getting injured with broken hands and concussions, and you're not doing anything. That's not going to fly in a team atmosphere. Teammates are going to get salty at you. The worst part is Matthews is certainly not soft and can lay out big hits and handle himself. He just likes to play the smile game, which does annoy the other team, but it also annoys your team in situations like this.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

"get involved" get serious, Konecny is a noted rat, he took the first pop, he made the first slash, and the last time Auston actually hit back hard the league handed him a hefty suspension and nobody was going "heck ya bud"

I understand the shitposting about wanting violence but let's not get into some disingenuous theoretical discussion about the Leafs locker room

It happens on every team in every sport, but go ahead and believe the Leafs room is different from every other.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Now there's a little bitch.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Maybe dump a bag of opened lollipops on him.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
The Winnipeg Jets are 1st in the Central?

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

WeaponX posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOfficialHDA/status/1590364034213511169?s=20&t=_HTA24eufiQGzlHsWMYcYg

So where is that dipshit who posted that the lesson here was to tell your kids to not take responsibility for their actions because they won’t get a “2nd chance”? I think they should read this.

The last line of this is frightening and heartbreaking. I hope he has ample support around him and he can get away from all the poo poo he has had to deal with.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

The Dirty Burger posted:

It sucks that this poor kid probably got harrassed by the same people when Arizona drafted Miller, and now that old wound is freshly opened because Cam Neely and his band of dumbasses needed a shiny new d prospect and thought they could ride out the backlash

It’s kind of hosed up that Miller’s agent who lied about his rehabilitation, Eustace King, is a member of the NHLs “Diversity and Inclusion Committee” lol

And also when Miller started with Ohio or whatever hosed up College he's playing for.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Speaking of the Sharks:

https://twitter.com/jrobba/status/1587792920156856321

Is there really no other female PBP announcer ESPN could use not named Leah Hextall? Couldn't they train AJ Mleczko to do it like Daryl Reaugh?

This twitter guy is a dick and his take is overblown bullshit.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
How are the Panthers doing with their new coach?

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

The Dirty Burger posted:

Curious what Karlsson’s asking price is. He looks like his old self this season, but he’s 32 and has an 11.5mil cap hit for 4 more years and is playing on a gay cadaver ankle. Even SJ eating half his cap hit is still probably too high for most teams

Brent Burns had 3 years left at $8mil and was traded for 2 career minor leaguers and a 3rd last summer

"A gay cadaver ankle"? That's pretty sad, man. I hope you have the decency to at least be embarrassed.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

The Dirty Burger posted:

I guess some dumb SAS jokes from the good times deserved to stay in the 2000’s, my bad didn’t mean to offend anybody. Will have the decency to be embarrassed

I will also take responsibility for not knowing it was a deep cut. No worries.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
The media overhyped a Leafs player? No fuckin way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
The Winnipeg Jets are dogshit garba... wait, maybe not?