Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

1) Ravioli stuffed with chili

2) Chili with cheese ravioli in it

3) Bread bowls but stuffed with sandwich ingredients instead of soup

4) Did you ever realize that Chicken Alfredo is making fun of cowards ("chicken", "afraid-o")

5) upscale hamburgers called hambourgeoir where the meat is hand-sliced by a local peasant using a razorblade symbolic of the guillotine

6) Genetically-enhanced forever-avocados called Evercados

7) Put a pizza pan in the rim of your car's wheel for a perfect spun dough

8) Juiced cheddar cheese

9) A youtube cooking show where you experiment with cooking things via flamethrower

10) Nuggets but bigger, big enough to be called something else

11) There's a Denver Omelette so why not a Detroit Omelette or like a Pittsburgh Omelette I'm sure someone in those places came up with their own local omelette once

12) a chain of potato restaurants that partners with auto shops called Tubers & Lube or something

You can take these ideas but I want royalties, in particular like a cardboard crown or something I can wear when I eat there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

deep dish peat moss posted:

1) Ravioli stuffed with chili

would

quote:

2) Chili with cheese ravioli in it

would

quote:

so a sandwich (FIGHT ME HAMJOBS)

would

quote:

4) Did you ever realize that Chicken Alfredo is making fun of cowards ("chicken", "afraid-o")

I didn't before but :420:

quote:

5) upscale hamburgers called hambourgeoir where the meat is hand-sliced by a local peasant using a razorblade symbolic of the guillotine

a meat grinder is just a 3d multi-guillotine if you think about it

quote:

6) Genetically-enhanced forever-avocados called Evercados

:yeah:

quote:

7) Put a pizza pan in the rim of your car's wheel for a perfect spun dough

that's called a Pirelli Pie where I'm from

quote:

8) Juiced cheddar cheese

yeah fine but everyone was juicing in those days mostly for recovery and cheddar would have been a lock for the hall of fame anyway

quote:

9) A youtube cooking show where you experiment with cooking things via flamethrower

in my heart I know this is probably already a thing and in the middle there's an ad for Squarespace

quote:

norgs

quote:

11) There's a Denver Omelette so why not a Detroit Omelette or like a Pittsburgh Omelette I'm sure someone in those places came up with their own local omelette once

the Chicago omelette is just giardinera and way more cheese than you think should be there, and also it's in a different place than you think

quote:

12) a chain of potato restaurants that partners with auto shops called Tubers & Lube or something

Quaker Tates & Lube

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

more falafel please

forums poster

holy poo poo I got the formatting right first try

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:psyduck:

Escape From Noise

Semi-wet beer sandwich. Not too wet and messy, but not too dry.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

deep dish peat moss

I want Chilioli to be real

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
I think nuggets that are bigger than nuggets are called tenders. at least when they’re made of chicken. in which case I also think that a chicken finger is between nugget and tender.

I’m also high

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

I think nuggets that are bigger than nuggets are called tenders. at least when they’re made of chicken. in which case I also think that a chicken finger is between nugget and tender.

I’m also high

https://youtu.be/_PH4E2zx8gg

google THIS

Legit curious about chilioli now. I've spent most of my life around chili spaghetti so really it's not much of a stretch

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

google THIS posted:

Legit curious about chilioli now. I've spent most of my life around chili spaghetti so really it's not much of a stretch

my dad's favorite lazy meal is chili mac and i literally cannot stand it oh my god

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
When I was a kid I worked at a deli that phased out having a meat slicer for selling pre-cut meat because stoned 19 year olds kept getting their fingers mangled. I think the hamborgeoir would set off a spark that would erupt into a fiery inferno.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

idiotsavant
ill take two fingers of hamburgeoire please

jmnmu
f
my recent high (420) creation:

had left over curry

red curry with green peas, chick peas, red poo poo (paprika), tomatoes, coconut milk, chilis, onions, garlic, grilled potatoes

put it on some fresh rice

add fried sliced banana (with hot sauce) and scrambled egg

topped with more chili oil

ate with beer

was delicious

WithoutTheFezOn
Oh no

This now makes me wonder why I’ve never seen a restaurant offer an appetizer that’s basically antipasto in a bread bowl.

Escape From Noise

What about instead of food you eat, food that eats you?

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
when im high i like to go to the balkan grocery store and get a bunch of seedy bread and eat it

this is either a tender, a goujon, or a katsu

Escape From Noise posted:

Semi-wet beer sandwich. Not too wet and messy, but not too dry.

greasy beer battered onion ring sandwich...hhhh

in the uk we used to be able to buy miniature bread loaves so you could have a sandwich that was an entire loaf of bread. basically this. it was awesome

Escape From Noise

drat it. I meant to say beef

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
anyway my high food idea is tomato paste, but instead of tomatoes it's pickles, so it's like a really thick concentrated pickle paste

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD

drat it. I meant to say beef

wet beef sandwiches are a dime a dozen my friend..

Escape From Noise

w4ddl3d33 posted:

wet beef sandwiches are a dime a dozen my friend..

Yeah. But this one's only semi wet!

Escape From Noise

w4ddl3d33 posted:

anyway my high food idea is tomato paste, but instead of tomatoes it's pickles, so it's like a really thick concentrated pickle paste

Isn't that what relish is?

Edit: I guess that's more pickle sauce.

Escape From Noise

Deconstructed ravioli.

more falafel please

forums poster

Deconstructed ravioli.

that's-a-pizza-pie

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

that's-a-pizza-pie

:ssh:

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD

Deconstructed ravioli.

this is just pasta with sauce

Escape From Noise

w4ddl3d33 posted:

:ssh:

Escape From Noise

Big rear end+big ol' rear end

alexandriao

So funny story — something that I can only find once in a blue moon, is celiac friendly chicken nuggets. Fish fingers and goujons are far more popular, but are way more expensive, there's less of them, and they're not as good IMO.

However, there's a place nearby that for whatever reason makes celiac fish fingers... but... bigger. They're about the size of two of my fingers and they're nice but there's only 6 to a (v expensive) pack.

Anyway thats the end of my celiac monologue. I hope u manage to find the *checks notes* juiced cheddar cheese

alexandriao

chicken nuggets, but theres cayenne and garam masala in the breading, coated with a ghost pepper sauce :syoon:

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
the great thing about imagining a food is you can just cook it

alexandriao

w4ddl3d33 posted:

No because the pasta and sauce are also mixed

alexandriao

w4ddl3d33 posted:

in the uk we used to be able to buy miniature bread loaves so you could have a sandwich that was an entire loaf of bread. basically this. it was awesome

they call that gluten free bread and it'll cost u £5 a loaf

(pic stolen from internet)

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD

alexandriao posted:

they call that gluten free bread and it'll cost u £5 a loaf

(pic stolen from internet)

gluten free bread is a one way ticket to achy tummy town. these mini loaves were glutenous and breadlike. they were perfect. hovis making those loaves was maybe the one time in history a corporation did something good

more falafel please

forums poster

https://twitter.com/thatfrood/status/1335689951640494080?s=46&t=2v8DRTk4dxEo6RWOCgWIjg

Escape From Noise

Why is everyone so antipasto? What's wrong with pasto?

Punkinhead

This is sort of a real thing OP, and it's called a shooter sandwich.

Hollow out any kind of bread, often forming a bowl and fill it with whatever sandwich ingredients your goony heart desires. Finally you wrap the whole thing up and put something really loving heavy on it and after it's nice and squished down you cut it up and enjoy.

They were kinda trendy in like, 2012 I wanna say. I made them a few times, it was great but not worth the effort.

Escape From Noise

PinheadSlim posted:

This is sort of a real thing OP, and it's called a shooter sandwich.

Hollow out any kind of bread, often forming a bowl and fill it with whatever sandwich ingredients your goony heart desires. Finally you wrap the whole thing up and put something really loving heavy on it and after it's nice and squished down you cut it up and enjoy.

They were kinda trendy in like, 2012 I wanna say. I made them a few times, it was great but not worth the effort.

I actually was thinking about this and couldn't remember the name!

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

alexandriao posted:

So funny story — something that I can only find once in a blue moon, is celiac friendly chicken nuggets. Fish fingers and goujons are far more popular, but are way more expensive, there's less of them, and they're not as good IMO.

if you want gluten free panko and/or flour to make your own chicken nuggets, certain goons can make that happen

(me, it’s me. I work at a gf bakery and we have a poo poo ton of panko)

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
my gf bakery

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!