Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Guess I can't fault the guy for finding his niche and being successful despite being a completely smooth-brained human blank outside of football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/man...-premier-league

quote:

Premier League referees made six incorrect VAR interventions in the first part of the season before the break for the World Cup

quote:

The six incorrect VAR overturns

Crystal Palace 3-1 Aston Villa
Penalty conceded (scored on the rebound by Wilfried Zaha) for handball by Lucas Digne, 55th minute

Chelsea 2-1 West Ham
Maxwel Cornet goal disallowed for a foul in the build-up by Jarrod Bowen on Edouard Mendy, 90th minute

Newcastle 0-0 Crystal Palace
Tyrick Mitchell own goal ruled out for a foul in the build-up by Joe Willock on Vicente Guaita, 51st minute

Man United 3-1 Arsenal
Gabriel Martinelli goal disallowed for a foul in the buildup by Martin Odegaard on Christian Eriksen, 12th minute

Fulham 3-0 Aston Villa
Douglas Luiz sent off for violent conduct against Aleksandar Mitrovic, 61st minute

Nottingham Forest 1-3 Brentford
Penalty awarded (scored by Bryan Mbeumo) for a foul by Dean Henderson on Yoane Wissa, 44th minute

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wow, it's almost like VAR is bad at subjective decisions, just like real referees.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lol, gently caress off. Ødegaard got all Eriksen and no ball

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

soft as poo poo foul, if that's the level of foul that VAR should go back and declare an obviously incorrect decision, football truly is dead

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If he had touched the ball at all I would be all with you, but he got literally nothing of the ball and went through Eriksen. It was absolutely a foul.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
It's should have counted because odegaard is cool

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

If he had touched the ball at all I would be all with you, but he got literally nothing of the ball and went through Eriksen. It was absolutely a foul.

Through him? Lol you make it sound like a two footed challenge that hobbled him.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vinestalk posted:

Through him? Lol you make it sound like a two footed challenge that hobbled him.

What part of me saying "if he had touched the ball at all I would be all with you" made it sound like that

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Two footed challenges can get all ball

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

And yet I would not be all with you on a two footed challenge.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Edit: wrong thread

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
what streaming service do u guys use to watch the matches? i cant stomach the american commentators anymore and i miss tommy smythe

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

thehandtruck posted:

what streaming service do u guys use to watch the matches? i cant stomach the american commentators anymore and i miss tommy smythe

There is very few American commentators these day in Premier League coverage. In the US, it is primarily British voices except for Tim Howard who is sometimes a studio pundit.

NBC has Rebecca Lowe as the studio host with a combo of Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe, Tim Howard and Danny Higginbotam as the studio pundit. Occasional you may get an American host as a fill in when Rebecca Lowe has the day off.

For the match commentary, they use Peter Drury as the lead commentator with either or both Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux. When they are not used, NBC uses the world feed commentators that is produced by Premier League Productions/IMG.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

psyer posted:

There is very few American commentators these day in Premier League coverage. In the US, it is primarily British voices except for Tim Howard who is sometimes a studio pundit.

NBC has Rebecca Lowe as the studio host with a combo of Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe, Tim Howard and Danny Higginbotam as the studio pundit. Occasional you may get an American host as a fill in when Rebecca Lowe has the day off.

For the match commentary, they use Peter Drury as the lead commentator with either or both Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux. When they are not used, NBC uses the world feed commentators that is produced by Premier League Productions/IMG.

oh great, thank you. so you'd advise NBC over ESPN+? or is it basically the same thing?

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

thehandtruck posted:

oh great, thank you. so you'd advise NBC over ESPN+? or is it basically the same thing?

Well NBC has the Premier League TV rights in the US. Matches are mainly on USA and Peacock with usually a match a week on over the air NBC.

A typical weekend matchday for Premier League on TV. Of course the TV networks may change and sometimes they put big matches on Peacock. Peacock only has some matches live.

(Pacific Time)
Sat
4:30 AM USA
7:00 AM 1 match on USA, rest on Peacock
9:30 AM NBC/Peacock

Sun
6:00 AM USA
8:30 AM USA

ESPN+ has rights for Bundesliga and La Liga for the major big leagues. They also have rights to the Carabao Cup, FA Cup, and the EFL Championship.
Paramount+ has rights for Serie A and UEFA club competition like Champions League and Europa League. They also have rights to NWSL and Women's Super League.

Soccer TV rights in America is really fragmented and if you want to follow a specific team, you usually need like 3 different streaming service provider and cable to be able to watch all of it.

Those are the legal ways to watch it in America.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The American commentators for La Liga are awful, if the football highlights are anything to go by. I wish there was a way to subscribe to just the international production or the British channels for all the leagues. Gary Neville for all his faults ain’t half as bad as the Americans.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Vegetable posted:

The American commentators for La Liga are awful, if the football highlights are anything to go by. I wish there was a way to subscribe to just the international production or the British channels for all the leagues. Gary Neville for all his faults ain’t half as bad as the Americans.

Now that ESPN+ has La Liga rights, it is primarily British commentators now. You may get some American co-commentators. La Liga was really bad when Bein Sport had it. Ray Hudson is terrible. Cannot believe CBS/Paramount+ has him commentating a match per matchday for Champions League now.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

not convinced lee dixon is an upgrade on having to listen to an american

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Consider yourself very lucky, in that case

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

jesus WEP posted:

not convinced lee dixon is an upgrade on having to listen to an american

Lee Dixon's dour moaning and occasional odd reminiscing about his Highbury days is by far the best thing about NBC's coverage.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

psyer posted:

Well NBC has the Premier League TV rights in the US. Matches are mainly on USA and Peacock with usually a match a week on over the air NBC.

A typical weekend matchday for Premier League on TV. Of course the TV networks may change and sometimes they put big matches on Peacock. Peacock only has some matches live.

(Pacific Time)
Sat
4:30 AM USA
7:00 AM 1 match on USA, rest on Peacock
9:30 AM NBC/Peacock

Sun
6:00 AM USA
8:30 AM USA

ESPN+ has rights for Bundesliga and La Liga for the major big leagues. They also have rights to the Carabao Cup, FA Cup, and the EFL Championship.
Paramount+ has rights for Serie A and UEFA club competition like Champions League and Europa League. They also have rights to NWSL and Women's Super League.

Soccer TV rights in America is really fragmented and if you want to follow a specific team, you usually need like 3 different streaming service provider and cable to be able to watch all of it.

Those are the legal ways to watch it in America.

Wow what a disaster. I just want to watch the biggest games with the biggest teams. No qualms with the illegal streams but they go down a lot.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

thehandtruck posted:

Wow what a disaster. I just want to watch the biggest games with the biggest teams. No qualms with the illegal streams but they go down a lot.

Same story for NFL watching in the UK fwiw.

NFL gamepass exists and shows almost everything live, though the biggest game each week (that’s not kicking off at 2am on a Monday morning) is blacked out, because Sky have the exclusive TV rights to one live game of their choice.

Streams being more reliable than the paid product made it an easy choice though.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

IPTV ftw

Just renewed for 150 for the year, I got like 20,000 channels and every sport. PM if you want the hookup.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1606417278651830272

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Bielsa shedding a single tear at what they've done to his beautiful boy

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Oh no, now he might not play him

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
which is worse, telling the press that you're not picking a player because of their mental health issues or telling the press that you're not picking a player because they can't fit through the door

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

vyelkin posted:

which is worse, telling the press that you're not picking a player because of their mental health issues or telling the press that you're not picking a player because they can't fit through the door

a keeper that can't keep cool under pressure is a liability but a keeper you can't fit through a door frame would have a natural advantage

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TDepressionEarl posted:

a keeper that can't keep cool under pressure is a liability but a keeper you can't fit through a door frame would have a natural advantage

rolling kalvin phillips around the pitch to stop attacks while he sucks in all the surrounding players and fans like a katamari

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TDepressionEarl posted:

william foulke did nothing wrong

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feeling like kalvin phillips after my christmas dinner. Happy barclays eve everyone

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

vyelkin posted:

rolling kalvin phillips around the pitch to stop attacks while he sucks in all the surrounding players and fans like a katamari

You’ve just made me imagine Pep as the King of All Cosmos, bulge included. So thanks for that.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

harperdc posted:

You’ve just made me imagine Pep as the King of All Cosmos, bulge included. So thanks for that.

A strangely easy thing to visualise

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i feel it

i feel the triangles

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Monthly TRP competition for post WC injuries?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I sure am looking forward to the tempo and quality of football after no football was played anywhere in the world for 6 weeks.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
e- wrong thread.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

the sex ghost posted:

Feeling like kalvin phillips after my christmas dinner. Happy barclays eve everyone
Is that why they're called bank holidays? They're all named after banks? When's BoE? Does NatWest have a day, or do they get screwed because they're Scottish? Did HSBC get a day when they moved to London, or are they too foreign? When two banks merge, do they have to pick which day to keep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jethro posted:

Is that why they're called bank holidays? They're all named after banks? When's BoE? Does NatWest have a day, or do they get screwed because they're Scottish? Did HSBC get a day when they moved to London, or are they too foreign? When two banks merge, do they have to pick which day to keep?

Welcome to TRP, Mr. Lycett