Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

T Bowl posted:

I wish Arsenal would change their lovely badge. It may have looked modern back when they did it but looks dated now and not the least bit timeless to have stuck with it this long.

I have a distinct memory of Arsenal unveiling their current badge by walking it round Highbury on a bedsheet and every single person there booing loudly, as a sign of things to come

all of my family's birthdays are written on a little bit of paper in the kitchen because otherwise I will forget all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If Arsenal ever change their badge there is only one replacement I will accept

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

meh,

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 6, 2022

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Much like the Chelsea performance today

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Where the gently caress did the ref get 6 minutes added time for pooshited

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Frankston posted:

Where the gently caress did the ref get 6 minutes added time for pooshited

Probably the 6 minutes players spent injured, op

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TheRat posted:

Probably the 6 minutes players spent injured, op

Wait I'm in the wrong thread.

pooshited

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Frankston posted:

Apparently it doesn't look good as a small social media profile pic so it must be changed.

the lion has to face right so it looks like it's saying the posts

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Hassenhutls gone. I haven't checked and don't care if I'm wrong, but I'm gonna say he was the leagues longest serving manager. Rip.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Perfect Element posted:

Hassenhutls gone. I haven't checked and don't care if I'm wrong, but I'm gonna say he was the leagues longest serving manager. Rip.

Nope, 4th and it wasn't close.

Klopp - 2015
Pep - 2016
Thomas Frank - 2018 (Hired when they weren't in the Prem)
Hasenhuttl - 2018

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Apparently they're looking at Nathan Jones to replace him which would be the least ambitious appointment ever. Just the man to oversee an orderly transition to the championship

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Liverpool are for sale, according to the Athletic.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1589599834985537547

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 7, 2022

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Mickolution posted:

Edit:

Makes sense from an FSG perspective. Liverpool's value has probably peaked and there's a squad rebuild and new stadium to pay for.

Very funny that they've missed the Saudi money so hopefully it's a glazer debt deal.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Are there any petrostates that don't have a club yet. Oman could use a premier league football team

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Super League will be back on the menu if Liverpool end up as another state owned team. 4 CL spots with 3 state owned teams with unlimited money is not going to work.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol wtf

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
here come the plastics

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1589606507980562432

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah I'm sure a manchester billionaire buying liverpool would be well received on all fronts.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Mickolution posted:

Edit:

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1589600203308298241

Anyway, if FSG ultimately want out, they'll have gotten a lot of return for their initial investment unless the valuation for Premier League clubs overall has absolutely cratered.

Maybe it has finally sunk in that substantive financial fair play regulations (which would make being competitive less painful for them) are just not going to happen.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

TheRat posted:

Yeah I'm sure a manchester billionaire buying liverpool would be well received on all fronts.

It's just cursed enough to be inevitable

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
President xi, my club yearns for a functioning midfield

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

the sex ghost posted:

President xi, my club yearns for a functioning midfield

Sponsored by Evergrande? Sign me up!

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Ah the classic Mike Ashley strat of 'putting the club up for sale' a month before a transfer window

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hope we see some dodgy crypto owner take over, it’s been awhile since there’s been a proper scam owner

Aaron A Aardvark
Oct 31, 2010
Elon plz

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

why would you speak this evil into being

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Agreed, or Saudi Arabia.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I'm sure this will be fine

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

why would you speak this evil into being

Maybe randomly firing 50% of the employees is just what Liverpool needs. You never know.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Was going to joke about Elon banning teams who beat Liverpool from entering the stadium and realised that's just ken bates

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Liverpool FC is now co owned by Raid: Shadow Legends and NordVPN

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Masonity posted:

Liverpool FC is now co owned by Raid: Shadow Legends and NordVPN

I'm excited for the BlueChew shirt sponsorship.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

T Bowl posted:

Week 1 "they'll drop off"

Week 2 "they'll drop off"

Week 3 "they'll drop off"

Week 4 "they'll drop off"

Week 5 "they'll drop off"

Week 6 "they'll drop off"

Week 7 "they'll drop off"

Week 8 "they'll drop off"

Week 9 "they'll drop off"

Week 10 "they'll drop off"

Week 11 "they'll drop off"

Week 12 "they'll drop off"

I am seeing a pattern here that doesn't quiet add up as of yet. Clearly they need some luck with injuries and if the ball ends up a yard wide or not, but that's how it goes. Favorites? No. In it? gently caress yes.

Edit: And let me be clear, they lost to United and drew Southampton, but never in any of those games did you not see them fighting and close to it going either way. That's the major difference. Injuries and how they handle the top teams going forward are the biggest factor.

City have lost plenty of games to bottom table opposition under Pep. Stop with all the automatic bullshit, and dare to dream.

what will happen is you'll lose the title to city by like 4-5 points or something and then get bantered into oblivion about it esp. if you say that your squad were really good

it's unfortunate but its what will happen

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
whos the most evil person on the planet with a lot of money. thats the guy i want. bring us mbappe

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

tbp posted:

whos the most evil person on the planet with a lot of money. thats the guy i want. bring us mbappe

my name is Mr. Nitup and I come from someplace far away and I'm here to pass the fit and proper persons test with flying colours

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Come on, Zuckerberg, you know you want this. Imagine the $s from streaming Liverpool matches in the Metaverse ®.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if elon is going to spaff a bunch of money on a football club it’ll be sheffield wednesday and he’ll make their crest the wednesday meme frog

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

tbp posted:

There might be worse people in the world but I'm lol'ing at the idea of Kim Jong-Un trundling up to the owners box and watching Darwin Nunez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Democratic
People's
Red & White
Kop