Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

T Bowl posted:

Week 1 "they'll drop off"

Week 2 "they'll drop off"

Week 3 "they'll drop off"

Week 4 "they'll drop off"

Week 5 "they'll drop off"

Week 6 "they'll drop off"

Week 7 "they'll drop off"

Week 8 "they'll drop off"

Week 9 "they'll drop off"

Week 10 "they'll drop off"

Week 11 "they'll drop off"

Week 12 "they'll drop off"

I am seeing a pattern here that doesn't quiet add up as of yet. Clearly they need some luck with injuries and if the ball ends up a yard wide or not, but that's how it goes. Favorites? No. In it? gently caress yes.

Edit: And let me be clear, they lost to United and drew Southampton, but never in any of those games did you not see them fighting and close to it going either way. That's the major difference. Injuries and how they handle the top teams going forward are the biggest factor.

City have lost plenty of games to bottom table opposition under Pep. Stop with all the automatic bullshit, and dare to dream.

what will happen is you'll lose the title to city by like 4-5 points or something and then get bantered into oblivion about it esp. if you say that your squad were really good

it's unfortunate but its what will happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

whos the most evil person on the planet with a lot of money. thats the guy i want. bring us mbappe

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Vinestalk posted:

There might be worse people in the world but I'm lol'ing at the idea of Kim Jong-Un trundling up to the owners box and watching Darwin Nunez

thats who i want now

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

very good

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

does anyone have the Jozy advent calendar thing we did like 11 years ago

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

yes ty

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

TheRat posted:

Is he having a break from reality or something

unironically yes

his behavior has gotten absurd but i do feel pretty bad for him. ik he's a world famous athlete with unlimited resources but moving countries, failing at your new job (when you have an ego that says ofc you'll succeed in a huge way), and then losing a child all in short succession has got to take its toll.

i dont think anyone would begrudge him a quiet retirement but that ship has long since sailed

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

honestly it is kinda a shame that it all has collapsed to this extent but like a greek tragedy the poison is within him. if he just said alright gently caress it, went to sporting and stood around the 6 yard box and got 11 goals in 13 games then the rest of the world could have been happy pretending he's back and pretending that there's a messi v ronaldo showdown at the world cup. after they lose just retire and thanks ferguson for building him into the player he is, everyone forgets that he slapped a little kids hand last year and we move on

but now he's pissed off the united fanbase who seemed happy to always be on his side, madrid keep winning CLs without him, etc.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

tristeham posted:

i'm not sure he's even good enough for the liga nos anymore.

it must eat at him that messi is still playing well.

yeah thats fair, he legit might not be

the loss of a child is something i dont think people ever can really get over and idt its a coincidence that his weirder behavior is all coming after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

also brighton's spot on the table seeing as they're level on points lol