Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm gonna follow all of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Thanks to everyone's pronouns in cohost I now know I have been misgendering about 75% of you in my head for nearly 20 years.

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
understandable, a lot of our pronouns changed at some point in the last 20 years

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

nvrgrls posted:

I'm gonna follow all of you.

what is your cohost?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

what is your cohost?

https://cohost.org/amitai

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

neat! :D

edit: i'm https://cohost.org/garbo which i posted a few pages ago but sharing again just in case

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

crossposting from the educational yt thread:

at 2m25s there's a chost screenshot, haven't seen any cohost content copied offsite until now

our lil macroblogging site is growing up :3:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I have been forgetting to even look at the site since a few days ago when I added everyone.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
regular reminder that this site still rules

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
something the best sites require

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i really enjoyed the Numbers(tm) april fools, spent five minutes looking for this thread to say so, but didn't find it.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

it’s a good site and I like to post there

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
they started moving off of cloudflare so everyone can stop being mad at me now

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

nrook posted:

they started moving off of cloudflare so everyone can stop being mad at me now

they’re actually done with it and it turns out they haven’t paid cloudflare for the services they were using for almost a year (there’s a post about it somewhere from one of the staff)

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i've finally set up an account now that everyone's forgotten this thing

https://cohost.org/trumanpeyote

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Truman Peyote posted:

i've finally set up an account now that everyone's forgotten this thing

https://cohost.org/trumanpeyote
followed

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

jony neuemonic posted:

it’s a good site and I like to post there

same.

not my chost but relevant imo: https://cohost.org/bruno/post/1285755-my-mutuals-on-cohost

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

oh gosh, i forgot about this. i will resume foodposting at some point

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Lain Iwakura posted:

regular reminder that this site still rules

I completely don't check it ever. What are some good posts to read, that are not depressing?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Also like five of you quote-tweeted (or whatever) the steam drive post so I had to read that post five times.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah deduplication is the next major user experience improvement I really hope cohost makes because right now when a chost goes 'viral' into your friendgroup it's literally all you see, which is kind of funny the first time and just obnoxious after that.

though now there's bookmarked tags so you can always bookmark a few tags (like the 'global feed' ones) and click there to hopefully see some other chosts beyond The One Popular Chost Today

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I just use cohost as a note-taking site for my paper-reading and it's been fine. Also I read some people's updates sometimes.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://cohost.org/hthrflwrs/post/25147-empty

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

yeah i've seen it like 50 times already but thanks for the reminder

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Progressive JPEG posted:

this but sincerely. I am happy to see it for the 51st time. :)

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

jony neuemonic posted:

Progressive JPEG posted:

this but sincerely. I am happy to see it for the 51st time. :)

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

are there any good non-depressing cohost posts?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

nvrgrls posted:

are there any good non-depressing cohost posts?

yes: https://cohost.org/awareofdog

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

that's the stuff

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

remain blessed

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Cohost is good and I need to chost more. Unfortunately, most posters are online in the wrong timezone and I miss most of the good poo poo :(

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Cohost is good and I need to chost more. Unfortunately, most posters are online in the wrong timezone and I miss most of the good poo poo :(

same, UTC+8 here

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

alright but how do i add marquee scrollers and cursor motion trails to all my posts

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

heads-up: cohost added 2FA a couple of days ago so prolly worth going in and enabling it on your account(s)

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Pile Of Garbage posted:

heads-up: cohost added 2FA a couple of days ago so prolly worth going in and enabling it on your account(s)

on one hand yes on the other i think the chances of someone wanting to take over my cohost account is measured in very, very small fractions of a decimal point

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

space kobold posted:

alright but how do i add marquee scrollers and cursor motion trails to all my posts

Do a css crime. Use prechoster to make your life easier.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Pile Of Garbage posted:

thanks jonny. yeah i only entered the scene in like 2006 so i am a mere childe. i've always been fascinated by the way labels formed in the scene and cut out the mega labels and poo poo. also im basically the same as you these days, i just watch blackout/eatbrain labels and current value/billain elsewhere

big lack of renegade hardware, 31 records, cia, prototype, hard leaders, calibre, and dillinja itp. maybe i need to get on there and old man chost

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
times on the site sure have been turbulent lately

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

What happened? All I know is my spouse made a post so good they keep getting notifications a full week later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I hope someone can snipe this thread with a summary of the drama