Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

...suqits head...gangtag size...

lmao ain't happenin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Looke posted:

Mandatory group watch of United Passions on World Cup eve

why would anyone subject themselves to this

also, we need to sticky the Funny Football poo poo You Just Remembered thread

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

It was that or the Pogumentary.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Would like to gently appeal to mods to avoid probing people during WC matchdays unless absolutely necessary. Liveposting during WC and Euro games is one of the better things on this dumb dead forum. While it hasn’t happened to me it was a bummer last time when others were getting jokey sixers in the most recent Euros.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Would like to gently appeal to mods to avoid probing people during WC matchdays unless absolutely necessary. Liveposting during WC and Euro games is one of the better things on this dumb dead forum. While it hasn’t happened to me it was a bummer last time when others were getting jokey sixers in the most recent Euros.

Sorry OP but bad, cringe and Extremely American posts will get sixered when appropriate, I don't recall much particular abuse during the Euros but happy to be given examples to the contrary

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My own reasoning on probes during matchday is that yeah it sucks when you don't get to post 'lol mcrappe' with your friends but you would have to make an extremely dogshit post to get probed in a GDT so it would probably be justified

I'd be amenable to a 'no comedy sixers during games' amnesty with the understanding that any cringe posts will still get slapped as soon as the whistle goes. Regular bad posts will get slapped as normal

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Actually probably even more severely if you make a post so bad I have to stop watching Iran v Argentina to press my buttons

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

the sex ghost posted:

I'd be amenable to a 'no comedy sixers during games' amnesty with the understanding that any cringe posts will still get slapped as soon as the whistle goes. Regular bad posts will get slapped as normal

Comedy sixers are bullshit, imo. There's gently caress all of us here these days and they just serve to drive people away.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mickolution posted:

Comedy sixers are bullshit, imo. There's gently caress all of us here these days and they just serve to drive people away.

Yeah it’s this. It’s rare that a comedy sixer is actually funny and it’s actually funny when the bad poster is just brutally trolled. I’m the bad poster getting brutally trolled.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

oh the other hand, it's great when EC10 gets a comedy sixer every time he posts

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

it was always funny when oliwan ate a probe right before a match

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

greazeball posted:

it was always funny when oliwan ate a probe right before a match

funny sixers can be a tightrope and my PMs are always open if anyone thinks I missed the mark. I'm hilariously hands off in here.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I pledge to up my posting game.

It's going to be a terrible world cup but I'm still going to watch it.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
anyone got an app to track those artificial clouds that should be deploying right about now?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Eau de MacGowan posted:

anyone got an app to track those artificial clouds that should be deploying right about now?

Any app on any app store will track those clouds for you

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

why would anyone subject themselves to this

also, we need to sticky the Funny Football poo poo You Just Remembered thread

Done.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Is Jozy still in the United States Mannschaft because if so he should get a thread

if not then Pulisic maybe

This is a good one but feel like a goalscoring game like the Jozy thread might be limited since there's so few games. A Pulisic/someone else thread where people pick who will score more and get rewarded/punished with say a day's probe after the final??

Big Black Dick posted:

my suggestion is to do nothing but give us our footballs back, leave trp hidden where it belongs, and ban anyone that enters the subform and hasn't posted in the last 30 days and/or isn't vetted by a cabal of trp old timers

Done.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

A "post along with an old World Cup" thread like the 92/93 thread, except all the matches already happened because it's December

Would love something like this, pick a particular game/tournament for each game day and watch/post about it perhaps. If we were putting together extended highlights and goal comps from specific tournaments my own preferences would be watchalongs of '98 and '14 as my favourite child and adult world cups

We will be going top level at some point this weekend and getting a mention in the monthly admin update thing so plenty of time to put some threads together. Remember to claim a team to post extracts from their wikipedia or you WILL have to write about the QMNT. Will sort out thread reboots etc next week. Nice posting everyone

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

This is a good one but feel like a goalscoring game like the Jozy thread might be limited since there's so few games. A Pulisic/someone else thread where people pick who will score more and get rewarded/punished with say a day's probe after the final??

Maybe a "pick the top goalscorer and how many they'll score" contest with the tiebreaker being a guess for goals scored by somebody like Jozy or Pulisic?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

Maybe a "pick the top goalscorer and how many they'll score" contest with the tiebreaker being a guess for goals scored by somebody like Jozy or Pulisic?

We definitely need some sort of thread solely dedicated to the Lebron of soccer.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

We definitely need some sort of thread solely dedicated to the Lebron of soccer.

We really don't, the Jozy meme was funny for various unique reasons, Pulisic is just yet another player being hilariously overblown by idiot USMNT fans because he's American and managed the lofty feat of 19 goals in 127 appearances for Dortmund.

I mean poo poo Jozy managed 39 in 67 at AZ, smh used to be you managed to drum up some insane numbers in SOME KIND of farmer's league before people lost their fuckin minds lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Pulisic is also kinda boring because behind the overblown hype he's an okay player. Jozy was special because he was so uniquely bad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

We really don't, the Jozy meme was funny for various unique reasons, Pulisic is just yet another player being hilariously overblown by idiot USMNT fans because he's American and managed the lofty feat of 19 goals in 127 appearances for Dortmund.

:thejoke:

E:

vyelkin posted:

Pulisic is also kinda boring because behind the overblown hype he's an okay player. Jozy was special because he was so uniquely bad.

This is the better point.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Any takers to do new OPs for:

- Football photos & vids
- Feral Footballers
- Kits/box/denim
- PYF goals

Super league legacy fan OR other gangtag OR free new av of your choice for typing words

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Would love something like this, pick a particular game/tournament for each game day and watch/post about it perhaps. If we were putting together extended highlights and goal comps from specific tournaments my own preferences would be watchalongs of '98 and '14 as my favourite child and adult world cups

Is there somewhere that has all of the (televised) WC finals on video?

that's probably going to be more fun to watch and complain about than it is to watch usa 0 - 1 romania from 1994, even if that was the sporting peak for both teams

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A cursory look on YouTube suggests you can find full games of every world cup final in varying quality going back to 1966 at least, and extended highlights in hd on FIFAs official channel. Relive the Howard Webb royal rumble in 2010

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Is there somewhere that has all of the (televised) WC finals on video?

that's probably going to be more fun to watch and complain about than it is to watch usa 0 - 1 romania from 1994, even if that was the sporting peak for both teams

Fifa+ also has a bunch of full World Cup on it's streaming service.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah my suggestion was going to be watch-along of classic matches (or at least suggestions in the form of YouTube links) for those that want to enjoy the football but not the 2022 FIFA World Cup in November in the desert, because reasons.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Any takers to do new OPs for:

- Football photos & vids
- Feral Footballers
- Kits/box/denim
- PYF goals

Super league legacy fan OR other gangtag OR free new av of your choice for typing words

Should the remade feral thread be along the lines of the original OP, post footballers being a bit naughty, or should it reflect the current state of the thread which is primarily about current footballers (allegedly) doing (sex) crimes

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Footballers gone [REDACTED]: unnamed player allegedly tryna get an injunction

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Footballers gone haram

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
seeing as I did the England thread for the euros and we nearly won the thing, I should get to do the same for the WC.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

britishbornandbread posted:

seeing as I did the England thread for the euros and we nearly won the thing, I should get to do the same for the WC.

Already claimed by FullLeatherJacket

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Can someone just copy and paste Tom’s Spain OP for the Spain thread?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

sebzilla posted:

Already claimed by FullLeatherJacket

oh great the overwrought guy who doesn't even support England yeah he should be the op for it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Never thought this dead rear end forum would have people competing to create the same threads. Brings a tear to my eye.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just wish Ghana would hurry their asses up and announce the final squad so I know which of the 5 John mensahs are going

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Vegetable posted:

Never thought this dead rear end forum would have people competing to create the same threads. Brings a tear to my eye.

Especially when there's like 30 unclaimed teams

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

britishbornandbread posted:

oh great the overwrought guy who doesn't even support England yeah he should be the op for it

you should do wales

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

someone assign me a random one and I'll make it

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

King of False Promises posted:

someone assign me a random one and I'll make it

Saudi arabia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

stab posted:

Saudi arabia

hell yeah. research skills, don't let me down!