Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

i have no music talent, but i can use AI

RAVE.DJ can mash together songs for you!

All I Cbat For Christmas Is You
https://rave.dj/82uQdwUJKZ43Zw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ManiacClown posted:

For this year's album title I'd like to bring back a suggestion I made for a previous album.

Merry Christmas! Album's Full.

The art could maybe have Krampus (or some other holiday figure) recreating the classic Cousin Eddie moment from Christmas Vacation.

You inspired this. :)

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 18, 2022

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ManiacClown posted:

For this year's album title I'd like to bring back a suggestion I made for a previous album.

Merry Christmas! Album's Full.

The art could maybe have Krampus (or some other holiday figure) recreating the classic Cousin Eddie moment from Christmas Vacation.

Threw Eddie into stable diffusion

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 18, 2022

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

You inspired this. :)

This rules.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Kristopher Kringle says hello

What's Santa Building
https://soundcloud.com/panicattackstudios/whats-santa-building
FLAC

Please be kind, I can NOT do a good Waits.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

JossiRossi posted:

Isn't that kind of the point? lol

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I've gotten another terrible idea for a track, but this would take some doing. It would be a parody of Time Of My Life where the male part is of course Santa and the female part is instead a reindeer making reindeer noises or— more likely— something that could be constructed into fake reindeer noises, like combining a horse and a goat or camel, possibly with some added human vocalization guessing what a reindeer sounds like. Ideally the backing track would instead be done with Christmas instruments like bells and whatever this instrument is (glockenspiel?) in Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. I could sing as Santa but I don't know that I'd be capable of creating the reindeer noises well enough or even have the time to do it.

Would anyone want to collaborate on this? I think it would be funny as Hell but difficult to pull off.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://www.npr.org/2003/12/24/1568920/the-celesta-the-sound-of-the-sugar-plum-fairy

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

ManiacClown posted:

I've gotten another terrible idea for a track, but this would take some doing. It would be a parody of Time Of My Life where the male part is of course Santa and the female part is instead a reindeer making reindeer noises or— more likely— something that could be constructed into fake reindeer noises, like combining a horse and a goat or camel, possibly with some added human vocalization guessing what a reindeer sounds like. Ideally the backing track would instead be done with Christmas instruments like bells and whatever this instrument is (glockenspiel?) in Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. I could sing as Santa but I don't know that I'd be capable of creating the reindeer noises well enough or even have the time to do it.

Would anyone want to collaborate on this? I think it would be funny as Hell but difficult to pull off.

That sounds awesome. I'll actually be visiting some live reindeer next week and yeah, they do kinda sound like a mixture of common farm animals. They just don't vocalize much. Maybe that'll give me some inspiration.

Or, I'll ask their handlers if they have some kind of trick to call reindeer to them...

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Grammarchist posted:

That sounds awesome. I'll actually be visiting some live reindeer next week and yeah, they do kinda sound like a mixture of common farm animals. They just don't vocalize much. Maybe that'll give me some inspiration.

Or, I'll ask their handlers if they have some kind of trick to call reindeer to them...

Excellent! My wife loves the original and she is now mortified that I'm going to be doing this. I can tell this is going to be great. I've blocked out which side sings what. Now I just have to write the parody lyrics, which may be harder than it would seem.

EDIT: Grammarchist, I noticed you don't have plat, so assuming you use Discord, hit me up at ManiacClown#2986.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 19, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Well, according to the the Santa Clause, reindeer sound just like the imps from Doom, which used the sounds of camels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2W8zKID-x4

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I play the (soprano) recorder, I'm not the greatest, but I can do better the god-awful screeching that usually characterizes the instrument. If anyone wants to add recorder to their song, please let me know.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Grammarchist posted:

This sounds awesome.

I've been trying to think of potential album names/art/themes and coming up empty. Maybe the Musk Twitter takeover would be a fun referential thing to work with, in lieu of the OTHER horrible things happening around the world.

That's not to say that horrible things can't inspire some amazingly cathartic songs and such. The 2016 thread was pretty great, especially Goon Aid: https://saxmas.robotcousin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/4-14-Whyd-We-Ruin-our-Christmastime_.mp3

Late to reply to this but I was thinking the other day about how well "Elon Musk went bankrupt buying Twitter" fits "Grandma got run over by a raindeer"

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Whybird posted:

Late to reply to this but I was thinking the other day about how well "Elon Musk went bankrupt buying Twitter" fits "Grandma got run over by a raindeer"

I’ll have a blue checkmark just like you,
I’ll be so cool, acting just like you
Companies won’t buy ads, and now Elon is mad
‘Cause I bought a blue, blue checkmark.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

This might be the most awful thing I've done.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QgVbNkwXE3yejcAOtYIwnaZV20O9oRxp/view?usp=drivesdk

It's just on my Google drive. Nothing special. Hopefully I set up sharing for it properly. I had to leave as soon as I uploaded it.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
My present is under the tree!

I mean Kristopher Kringle says hello

The Billionaire with the Cocaine Fueled Robot Brain https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tcK-7ZOh98idWzCfzhFShtX9dLFv1tOS/view?usp=share_link

I did the music and wrote the lyrics myself, and had the lyrics done with a text to speech engine, since I can't sing.

edit: Changing the name... it was kinda ableist. Sorry.

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 27, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

im_sorry posted:

My present is under the tree!

I mean Kristopher Kringle says hello

The Billionaire with the 60 IQ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tcK-7ZOh98idWzCfzhFShtX9dLFv1tOS/view?usp=share_link

I did the music and wrote the lyrics myself, and had the lyrics done with a text to speech engine, since I can't sing.

I like the vibe, but can't make out most of the words. Can you post the lyrics?

\/\/\/ Lol, nice.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 21, 2022

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Paladinus posted:

I like the vibe, but can't make out most of the words. Can you post the lyrics?

This is what I fed the generator:

Santa Claus wanted to make a change
To up grade his old sleigh and reins
He went to Elon, for some advice
But Elon was extremely high

"I just bought Twitter", said Elon Musk
"Fourty four billion was what it cost"
The waste on display made Santa quite sick
"You promised you'd end world hunger, you prick!"

Santa Claus was extremely pissed
Elon was placed on the naughty list.
On Christmas morning, his stockings had coal
And the value of Twitter had fallen to null.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I can't listen to these right now, but I'm looking forward to checking them all out soon!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

JossiRossi posted:

What's Santa Building
https://soundcloud.com/panicattackstudios/whats-santa-building
FLAC

yes hahaha, love it

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I've been dancing through a few more ideas, though I don't know if I'll have time to put much else together this year.

This line came to me if anyone wants to do anything with it: "You're an Elon, Mr. Grinch."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Grammarchist posted:

I've been dancing through a few more ideas, though I don't know if I'll have time to put much else together this year.

This line came to me if anyone wants to do anything with it: "You're an Elon, Mr. Grinch."

To keep the same meter:

"You're a fuckwad, Mr. Musk"

I would listen to the hell out of that.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Oh, man. I'm still writing this year's Santa Odin story. I'm not even close to done and the very dialogue-heavy script is already halfway through page 15. 2021's The Year Without An Odin Claus was a full 24 pages and clocked in at over 46 minutes. I Saw One Ship (Called Naglfar) is going to be even longer, I'm sure, but I definitely plan on making it worth the length. I have a couple great ideas and I really look forward to making this year's entry in the series the best yet.

By the way, if anyone's interested in singing it, last year I got about halfway through writing a parody of Who Wants To Live Forever before I realized that me even jokingly attempting Freddie Mercury would be sacrilege. If anyone wants to do Who Wants To Open Presents, here it is.

quote:

There’s a box for us
Put in place for us
Who is this man who fills our tree
Then flies away from us?

Who wants to open presents?

There’s a sled for us.
There’s a robot for us
It’s got two D-cell batteries preinstalled for us

Who dares to open presents
On Christmas Eve?

So pass that gift to Little Rick
See the tag; it’s from old St Nick

And we can give out presents
And we can receive presents
Presents in our exchange

Presents in our exchange

Who waits for Christmas, anyway?

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 23, 2022

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I haven't been exposed to a song that has made me want to make a parody this year. I'm thinking, though...

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Planning on doing Postin' poo poo for Christmas, a cover of Driving Home for Christmas, if I have the time.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

King Lou posted:

I haven't been exposed to a song that has made me want to make a parody this year. I'm thinking, though...

Feel free to take the one right above your post.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Elon Musk wants to rule Mars. Santa Claus conquered the Martians.

Nah, can't do it. Brain's not working.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Edward Mass posted:

Jon Rechner Hymnal

FLAC

This Rules, Balls Mahoney Rules.

I like taking a standard Xmas carol and messing with the lyrics.

I did it best with Christmas Mummy but I can't seem to find that groove this year.
https://youtu.be/6N31Vc_BhuA

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Maybe someone can help me out for full co-credit. I have in my head the line 'ooh-wee-ooh, it feels just like Christmas morning' to the tune of Weezer's Buddy Holly and I like it, but I'm getting absolutely, literally nowhere with the rest of the lyrics.

I thought it could be innocent, nostalgic and self referential in that it's about finding the videos on the windows 95 disc. Or something. Anything. Anything else will do, as long as it's not about Twitter or its miserable owner. It doesn't need to be clever funny if it can be genuine or silly.

Anyone with a half-decent sense of meter feeling this?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

Maybe someone can help me out for full co-credit. I have in my head the line 'ooh-wee-ooh, it feels just like Christmas morning' to the tune of Weezer's Buddy Holly and I like it, but I'm getting absolutely, literally nowhere with the rest of the lyrics.

I thought it could be innocent, nostalgic and self referential in that it's about finding the videos on the windows 95 disc. Or something. Anything. Anything else will do, as long as it's not about Twitter or its miserable owner. It doesn't need to be clever funny if it can be genuine or silly.

Anyone with a half-decent sense of meter feeling this?

It could be about the Windows 95 Tutorial/promo video with Matthew Perry and Jennifer Aniston, though you'd be going further and further from it being Christmas themed.

Wee ooh
It feels just like Christmas morning

Wee ooh
It's embarrassing and more

I don't care about what Jennifer is saying now
I don't care 'bout Matt

That's.... Well, that's the best I can do in a few minutes. I bet if you go through the real lyrics, and then rewatch that godawful W95 video, more would come, if that's what you'd want to go for. :shrug:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Ho ho ho all these presents on the floor

Shake em but I don't care what's inside em anyway

No I don't care about that

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

What's with these grinches dissing my tree?
Why do they gotta jeer?
Why do they complain 'bout Christmas time?
Where is their Christmas cheer?

Woo-hoo,
They don't get me down.
Woo-hoo,
You know what I say
Woo-hoo,
(I love Christmas day)

Ooh-wee-oo, it feels just like Christmas morning,
Oh-oh, lot's of presents on the floor,
Shake 'em but I don't care what's inside there anyway.
I don't care about that.

Sleigh bells are ringing, carolers singing,
Stockings are over the fire.
We're nice and warm all snug in our home,
This feeling's what I desire.

Woo-hoo,
And I love it so.
Woo-hoo,
I feel so much glee,
Woo-hoo
(The star's on the tree)

Ooh-wee-oo, it feels just like Christmas morning,
Oh-oh, lot's of presents on the floor,
Shake 'em but I don't care what's inside there anyway.
I don't care about that.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

🫀Yeah perfect I can roll with that. Thank you so much!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Has anyone done an Anarchy in the U.K. parody yet?

EDIT: I just did a demo track of the vocals to Kirk's Red Wreath :ohdearsass::goatsecx: for anyone who wants to take a swing at music for it. This would give you the cadence for the music and I note where there's an instrumental break 3/5 of the way in. I'd do the music myself but I have neither the tools or anything resembling the ability.

Also, didn't we used to have a Santa smilie?

EDIT 2: Whoops, I forgot to link to the demo track.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 25, 2022

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Paladinus posted:

Christmas in the Air
https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson-150846885/real-and-alive-david-bowie-christmas-in-the-air

I haven't seen The Santa Clause in ages, so the lyrics are based more on my vague memories of the movie than the actual plot. Which might be for the best.

couldn't stop laughing during the entire song, absolutely perfect.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, after trying for a while, I'm not doing a political rap this year, this poo poo's too depressing. But after finishing Supergiant Games' Pyre, I have an idea for another video game OST song.

Fredrik1 posted:

couldn't stop laughing during the entire song, absolutely perfect.

Thanks! I went through five different Bowie voices/ages throughout the song, and I don't think I got it right once, not to mention the notes. Glad it's funny to listen to.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I got another idea that would take a total of four people. It's Blood On the Risers, but instead of a paratrooper who gets tangled in his chute it's about an elf who gets sucked into a toy machine. I haven't written it yet. Anyone up for it?

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

ManiacClown posted:

Oh, man. I'm still writing this year's Santa Odin story. I'm not even close to done and the very dialogue-heavy script is already halfway through page 15. 2021's The Year Without An Odin Claus was a full 24 pages and clocked in at over 46 minutes. I Saw One Ship (Called Naglfar) is going to be even longer, I'm sure, but I definitely plan on making it worth the length. I have a couple great ideas and I really look forward to making this year's entry in the series the best yet.

By the way, if anyone's interested in singing it, last year I got about halfway through writing a parody of Who Wants To Live Forever before I realized that me even jokingly attempting Freddie Mercury would be sacrilege. If anyone wants to do Who Wants To Open Presents, here it is.

I might do this - also had an idea for lyrics, so I might combine them, if that's ok with you?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Tac Dibar posted:

I might do this - also had an idea for lyrics, so I might combine them, if that's ok with you?

Yeah, I can dig it. I just want to see the idea happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normalman
Sep 30, 2008

I didn't tell you I have an obsession with destruction. I've made explosives before for everyday use, I will level city blocks just for the thrill.

ManiacClown posted:

Has anyone done an Anarchy in the U.K. parody yet?

I don't know why I just spend half an hour doing this, but here it is.

---

(Yule! TIDE!!! Hohohohohohohoho!)

I am a little boy
I want the hottest toy
There's just one trick if I wanna get something
I've gotta be Good! Really good

'cause it's, it's so close to Christmas Time
Good behavior!

Christmas Time for the family, decorations up on the tree
I'll act nice and kind and gifts are mine
A naughty role will be met with coal

So I've, gotta be all I can be