Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

In 2012, Haschel Cedricson submitted the song Little Drummer Boy. Somehow a wrong, truncated version of it goes into the archives. In both the 2014 and 2015 threads this comes up as something to be fixed and is then promptly forgotten. Circa 2018 Tindeck definitively goes tits up and all the music on it is lost.

In my recollection, I've discovered these threads around 2016, maybe? Certainly haven't been downloading any music for keeps since 2018.

And yet the full length version of Little Drummer Boy turns up, during an unrelated search I did today, in a random-rear end junk folder on a random-rear end backup drive, as what seems to be the only file I've ever downloaded from Tindeck in my life. The date on that file: christmas day 2012.

Haschel Cedricson - The Little Drummer Boy

This poo poo is still hilarious, btw. I'm happy it wasn't lost to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Flipperwaldt posted:

In 2012, Haschel Cedricson submitted the song Little Drummer Boy. Somehow a wrong, truncated version of it goes into the archives. In both the 2014 and 2015 threads this comes up as something to be fixed and is then promptly forgotten. Circa 2018 Tindeck definitively goes tits up and all the music on it is lost.

In my recollection, I've discovered these threads around 2016, maybe? Certainly haven't been downloading any music for keeps since 2018.

And yet the full length version of Little Drummer Boy turns up, during an unrelated search I did today, in a random-rear end junk folder on a random-rear end backup drive, as what seems to be the only file I've ever downloaded from Tindeck in my life. The date on that file: christmas day 2012.

Haschel Cedricson - The Little Drummer Boy

This poo poo is still hilarious, btw. I'm happy it wasn't lost to time.

Oh my god I was literally thinking about this earlier today, lamenting how the loss of Tindeck and the death of my old laptop meant it was gone forever. Thank you so much!

EDIT: I put it on my Soundcloud. Seriously, this is a Christmas miracle and you have completely made my day.

Haschel Cedricson fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 22, 2022

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

You not having it anymore either almost makes the story better! I'm glad you're glad.

I also updated a 50-odd other files (between 2014 and now) in my collection with lyrics if they were posted in the thread at the time or on soundcloud. I should get archives so I can dig father back next year.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
My annual Heathen Christmas Special is now up on Mixcloud.

Contains almost zero Xmas classics your grandma would recognize.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Kristopher Kringle says hello

I wasn’t gonna do anything but I didn’t want to not follow through, so I put together a short soundscapey thing tonight. Tbh I wish I had time to work more on it but it was fun to do:

https://soundcloud.com/user-8285005...=social_sharing

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Extended cut of Little Drummer Boy is great; the "original" just suddenly ends in a way that works, of course. Nice job finding it after all this time.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Chronojam posted:

Extended cut of Little Drummer Boy is great; the "original" just suddenly ends in a way that works, of course. Nice job finding it after all this time.

Yeah the original was something I uploaded as a "Hey, is the joke funny enough to be worth continuing?" I hadn't internalized the correct mindset for these albums, which is :justpost:.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Oh man I've run out of steam tonight. I have a whole day to record tomorrow and I'll get it done .

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Kristopher Kringle says one last hello for this year!

All right, so you know how I said I was going to do another "gift of information" track? Reading from only four sections of United States Code somehow ended up being over three minutes longer than when I read an entire article of the Uniform Commercial Code. Enjoy(?) Coups Are Naughty.

Also, :siren: please note :siren:— especially Rupert Buttermilk and Flipperwaldt— that I've had to update the file for I Saw One Ship (Called Naglfar). I noticed one more innocent bystander line had been caught up in my Krampus processing so I just now rerecorded it and exported the fixed project. Please replace that version anywhere you've stored it.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Kristopher Kringle says hello!

I mentioned earlier that I had one from a two years ago I never finished... this isn't that one. That other one's super low effort though, so there's a tiny chance I finish it and post it before Christmas, even if its not technically on time.

Anyways, here's my Christmas Carol from the year 2069.

https://soundcloud.com/superrodando...=social_sharing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I really do have my work cut out for me tonight! And what would everyone like me to do with the original vs uploaded version of Little Drummer Boy? All opinions are welcome, but Haschel's obviously holds the most weight. I'll go with whatever is requested.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Could slap it at the end as a bonus track, would be nice to have the full version archived in a release

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I really hope WhyZodiac hears that song

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

It's too late and I've hogged enough of this year's album, but I know that for next year I want to do a Rapper's Delight parody. I don't know if I want to do it myself as Santa, Krampus, and an elf or as a Gavrilo Princip and the Leon Czolgosz All-Stars project where we're just ourselves. That's going to take quite a bit of doing to write. I also wonder if an In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida parody is feasible.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It took me over two years to make North Pole Psychiatrist, I'd spend the next 11 months working on Santa's Delight to make it as good as possible.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

It's too late and I've hogged enough of this year's album, but I know that for next year I want to do a Rapper's Delight parody. I don't know if I want to do it myself as Santa, Krampus, and an elf or as a Gavrilo Princip and the Leon Czolgosz All-Stars project where we're just ourselves. That's going to take quite a bit of doing to write. I also wonder if an In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida parody is feasible.

I mean do it as a reindeer and the "I said a clip, clop, a clippie to the clippie, clippety clop and you don't stop" line writes itself.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

ManiacClown posted:

Kristopher Kringle says one last hello for this year!

All right, so you know how I said I was going to do another "gift of information" track? Reading from only four sections of United States Code somehow ended up being over three minutes longer than when I read an entire article of the Uniform Commercial Code. Enjoy(?) Coups Are Naughty.

Also, :siren: please note :siren:— especially Rupert Buttermilk and Flipperwaldt— that I've had to update the file for I Saw One Ship (Called Naglfar). I noticed one more innocent bystander line had been caught up in my Krampus processing so I just now rerecorded it and exported the fixed project. Please replace that version anywhere you've stored it.

lol

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Superrodan posted:

Kristopher Kringle says hello!

I mentioned earlier that I had one from a two years ago I never finished... this isn't that one. That other one's super low effort though, so there's a tiny chance I finish it and post it before Christmas, even if its not technically on time.

Anyways, here's my Christmas Carol from the year 2069.

https://soundcloud.com/superrodando...=social_sharing

this is great

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

KRISTOPHER KRINGLE SAYS HELLO!

Here we go!

Ebeneezer, a holiday cover of Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift

https://soundcloud.com/theskinnymen...=social_sharing

i cant express the joy and just pure fun i have in making these songs. They take up space my brain, they encroach on my thoughts during the day if i dont get them out. The challenge of putting a story on top of a pop song, and making it rhyme (mostly), seeing what words you can use. This thread has really provided a way for me to get contribute and create something, even if its a bunch of silly Christmas songs.

Action is magic, we did all this and it feels good.

Thank you

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 22, 2022

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Beer_Suitcase posted:

KRISTOPHER KRINGLE SAYS HELLO!

Here we go!

Ebeneezer, a holiday cover of Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift

https://soundcloud.com/theskinnymen...=social_sharing

I really like what you did with some of the lyrics and rhymes here, and how you managed to fit the plot in like that. I'm not super familiar with the original, so I have no idea how much of the rhyme scheme you aped but I was impressed.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Superrodan posted:

I really like what you did with some of the lyrics and rhymes here, and how you managed to fit the plot in like that. I'm not super familiar with the original, so I have no idea how much of the rhyme scheme you aped but I was impressed.

not fer nothing i tried to get the same word or at least sounds in the same place as the original song when i could. But i know "Christmas's and Midshipmen" does not rhyme and neither does "grieving and unheeded" but if you get the cadence and syllables in just the right place you can trick people.

Tswift does it herself in the song with this "not rhyme"
"Did you hear my covert narcissism
I disguise as altruism
Like some kind of congressman?"

I just listen to a song a bunch and then just kind of start freestyling, or even if you can just create a new phrase at the end of a verse that is sometimes enough to work backwards from there to make what you want.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I'm been absent from these threads for a bit, but I'm excited to hear what's been made this year and the other years i missed

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

^^^ BSAM HI, I LOVE YOU ^^^

gently caress i missed it

i have big ideas for next year though

i have made a December 2023 castlevania reminder so i don't forget

that was supposed to say calendar, but I'm leaving it

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Superrodan posted:

So tonight I started working on a really dumb concept and when I went to save it I found in my SA Christmas folder an unused terrible christmas song I must have been working on after Christmas two or so years ago. So if I find some free time its possible I have two songs this year, each more identically stupid as the last.

Kristopher Kringle Says Hello!

So they let us get off of work early so I managed to spend some time finishing this. It's a SAXMAS miracle!

https://soundcloud.com/superrodandota/the-bells/s-SwFpk89QTOX?si=3744155ab796481e9bfb56d708c46fc3

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

That's beautiful.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

:siren: FIX ALERT :siren:

I realized the sleigh bells on Coups Are Naughty were too loud and competed with me. I turned them down by 8 dB and re-exported. As with Santa Odin, please replace any stored copies.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

my cat is norris posted:

^^^ BSAM HI, I LOVE YOU ^^^

gently caress i missed it

that was supposed to say calendar, but I'm leaving it

Castlevania Christmas Music has potential. Maybe the overwrought credits song from Symphony of the Night.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

my cat is norris posted:

What a horrible night to have a curse lump of coal

Sombrerotron fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 23, 2022

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Superrodan posted:

Kristopher Kringle Says Hello!

So they let us get off of work early so I managed to spend some time finishing this. It's a SAXMAS miracle!

https://soundcloud.com/superrodandota/the-bells/s-SwFpk89QTOX?si=3744155ab796481e9bfb56d708c46fc3

amazing

dingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingy

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Grammarchist posted:

Castlevania Christmas Music has potential. Maybe the overwrought credits song from Symphony of the Night.

I can see some comedy potential in giving Bloody Tears lyrics.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

That's beautiful.

derp posted:

amazing

dingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingydingy

Thanks. I definitely laughed while making it a few times at how ridiculous it felt, so I figured I was onto something.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I really do have my work cut out for me tonight! And what would everyone like me to do with the original vs uploaded version of Little Drummer Boy? All opinions are welcome, but Haschel's obviously holds the most weight. I'll go with whatever is requested.

Bonus track feels right, to me at least.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

It's done! I've uploaded the albums from 2020 and 2021 as well as the current version of 2014 to youtube.

If these could be added to the OP to join the rest that'd be swell. A large number of these were hit by copyright claims so if something disappears from a playlist just don't be too surprised, that's kinda how it is. And if it doesn't go without saying, I'll upload this year's as well once it's officially compiled

And while I was at it I was a little self-indulgent and reuploaded my 2018 contribution for easier discoverability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJKfRrnre8

Fawf fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 23, 2022

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

ManiacClown posted:

I can see some comedy potential in giving Bloody Tears lyrics.

Santa Claus!
Santa, Santa Claus!
Santa, Santa Claus!
Santa, Santa, Santa, Santa
SANTA! SANTA!
SANTA! SANTA! SANTA!

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Fawf posted:

It's done! I've uploaded the albums from 2020 and 2021 as well as the current version of 2014 to youtube.

Thanks for reuploading 2020, I got to revisit my pitch bended and distorted Carol of the Bells made from snippets of "Do They Know It's Christmas?". I still like it :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc6_YEW-iRk

Plus due to the playlist it was immediately followed up by an insane cacophanous version of Carol of the Bells made by Canned Panda which I have to imagine was just layers and layers of different versions of Carol of the Bells layered on top of one another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mprpo3UrVNM

'Twas a fitting double feature.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fawf posted:

If these could be added to the OP to join the rest that'd be swell. A large number of these were hit by copyright claims so if something disappears from a playlist just don't be too surprised, that's kinda how it is. And if it doesn't go without saying, I'll upload this year's as well once it's officially compiled

And while I was at it I was a little self-indulgent and reuploaded my 2018 contribution for easier discoverability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJKfRrnre8

Adding this to the OP!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

We still need to name this year's album and settle on some art. My wife and son are making cookies later. I could try to decorate one in a certain way and take a picture of it for the cover. We could also roll with the cow-on-a-bike idea from earlier.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I used Dall-e to make this because I thought of the pun. No pressure to use it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

That's good; there are a bunch of other good Santa photos in the AI thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak: