Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Branding and marketing is very important. If you had a football team, what would you name it?

The Boston Clams?
The Anchorage Anchors?
The Miami (Ohio) Disappointments?
The Pleasant Hill Goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

deleting mine. it's too similar to the idea below, making it appear like i copied them.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 2, 2022

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
The South Yarmouth Smegma.

Don't ask about the mascot.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The New England Patriots

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Frank

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The montgomery biscuits

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Boise Potatoes

The Fightin' Taters

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Go full Madden 2004 and move every team to a market the size of Omaha Nebraska.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
To honor the Liberty Bell, the Philadelphia Cracks

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Another team in Ohio. I dunno, the Columbus . . . uh . . .

*googles Columbus*

hotels.com - best things to do in Columbus posted:

What is Columbus Most Famous For? Columbus is most famous for having a vibe that's young, hip and innovative, thanks to an innovative arts scene and booming tech industry. Ohio's state capital is also home to one of the largest college campuses in the country, so it's packed with energy and creativity year-round.

The Columbus Vibe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Washington Football Team

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Washington Football Team

Their mascot is a soccer ball.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Go full Madden 2004 and move every team to a market the size of Omaha Nebraska.

The Lotsee Dustbowlers

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Best Team

Go Team

The Sweathogs

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Rarity posted:

Washington Football Team

this, but it's a brand new franchise in Washington State

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The Fugging Austrians, the first NFL team in Europe

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Nervous posted:

The South Yarmouth Smegma.

Don't ask about the mascot.

cape cod could use a football team i agree

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Delaware Deregulators.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Mexico City Vaqueros.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
The Bakersfield Dozen

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Real Madrid Football Team

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There are so many teams you could bring back but that feels like cheating to me. Going with a fresh identity...?

Has there been a Memphis Horns yet? Logo would be a trumpet with a "M" within the design.

You could troll Dan Snyder with a Native American themed team called the Washington Indigenous Nations, with The Nations as the nickname. Not that he would care.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 3, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Darth Brooks posted:

You could troll Dan Snyder with a Native American themed team called the Washington Indigenous Nations, with The Nations as the nickname. Not that he would care.

I appreciate that you can abbreviate that to WIN

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
NFL Quarterback Club 99 for the Nintendo 64 gave us the Austin Iguanas, so I'm going with that.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I remember playing whatever the newest version of Madden was like 7 or 8 years ago and the first time I dipped my toes into franchise mode the AI immediately moved the Raiders to Dublin of all places

Still holding out hope for the Dublin Raiders

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sheen Sheen posted:

I remember playing whatever the newest version of Madden was like 7 or 8 years ago and the first time I dipped my toes into franchise mode the AI immediately moved the Raiders to Dublin of all places

Still holding out hope for the Dublin Raiders

I had one in Madden years ago where the Bengals moved and renamed twice, once to be the San Antonio Gunslingers, then again like 5~ years later to become the Toronto Huskies.

I think the same franchise mode had the Texans move to become the Memphis Hounds, so I manually moved the Titans back to Houston as the reborn Oilers.

Sometimes Madden was still fun.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 3, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I've played a ton of franchise mode in Madden and only saw a computer team relocate once. The Vikings spent six or seven years as the worst team in the league and it wasn't even close. IIRC their best year in that span was 4-12. They then moved to Boston and became the Stallions. It paid off immediately when they started routinely putting up 6-8 win seasons instead.

Other than that I've relocated the or renamed a few teams. I think my favorite might be changing a moribund Chargers franchise to the Mexico City Bats.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Phobeste posted:

The New England Patriots

The New New England Patriots

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Orlando Skunk Apes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sheboygan Shoo-Ins

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
The Los Angeles Patriots

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Dallas Cowgirls, forever ruining baby's first rivals.com pun.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It'll be the London Jellied Eels or whatever they use for logos over in Brexittania.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
The Cast Football Team.

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

The London Texans

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

The Vermont Maples

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Albuquerque Quail

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the Nashville Carpetbaggers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i always appreciated that in Madden '05 they let you move and rename the team and one of the preprogrammed ones that Al Michaels would say was "The Mummies."

I wonder if that is the only recorded instance we have of Al Michaels talking about mummies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The North Dakota Oil Men, based in Fargo.

No roof stadium so half of the games played will be -20 with a 30 mile per hour wind.

Kickers will retire when drafted by this team.

Also as per UND tradition (at least when I went there), 32 oz beers are 6 dollars.