Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Dr. Honked posted:

TREAT YER SOCKS LIKE YOU TREAT YER WIMMIN

Very carefully??

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Darn 'em!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
BALL EM UP IN PAIRS

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

HELLO I HEAR THERE IS A WOOLQUEST

I AM HERE TO HELP

If you like socks that are wool and don't suck let me tell you: Darn Tough is good, and they are foreverrially the best commercial socks.

But, for price, literally go get the REI woolen hiking socks from the outlet. They won't replace them forever, but stopgap needed? Those. And, they come in fun colors now. Seriously buy them.

Also don't buy "Merino ultra light" anything. What that means is thin and cheaply made with over hyped, over bred, weakass merino wool. Thicker and better made is your friend, and if you can get it, Targhee wool is better with the same softness/next to skin quality.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
help i looked at darn tough socks online and there are too many different kinds

what would you recommend for everyday use mostly indoors in hot climate?

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

xcheopis

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Men's or Women's?

Ohtori Akio

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Their lifestyle series should do the trick. A dress-weight sock will get you the enjoyable properties of wool without insulating too much. It'll also be more presentable.

Ass-penny

I'm wearing one wool and one cotton sock again :crackping:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

rear end-penny posted:

I'm wearing one wool and one cotton sock again :crackping:

i can be yuor devil.. or yur angle

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

xcheopis posted:

Men's or Women's?

men's, somewhat wide feet

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

Ohtori Akio posted:

Their lifestyle series should do the trick. A dress-weight sock will get you the enjoyable properties of wool without insulating too much. It'll also be more presentable.

that sounds perfect, thank you

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
sockpuppets itt

Manifisto

Dr. Honked posted:

sockpuppets itt

ty nesamdoom!

a.p. dent
i received the Kirkland socks and unfortunately the quality seems to have dipped. not nearly as thick and warm as the ones i used to get from them. still decent socks, but nothing to write home about (plus the price went up!)

SOCK RATING: 5/10

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

a.p. dent posted:

i received the Kirkland socks and unfortunately the quality seems to have dipped. not nearly as thick and warm as the ones i used to get from them. still decent socks, but nothing to write home about (plus the price went up!)

"you will surely get the kirkland"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

a.p. dent posted:

REI. Seriously, try em.

Chrs

I’ve only ever owned cotton socks but this thread has made me real interested in wool ones

xcheopis

Chrs posted:

I’ve only ever owned cotton socks but this thread has made me real interested in wool ones

I was the same, once, and then our resident Saint of Wool spake unto us and now I'm an annoying convert.

Stoner Sloth

Chrs posted:

well bless your cotton socks

Chrs

I buy decent quality socks but know so many people who balk at the idea of spending any more than the absolute minimum on socks and so only buy the cheapest socks available.

don’t they like being comfortable??

xcheopis

Chrs posted:

I buy decent quality socks but know so many people who balk at the idea of spending any more than the absolute minimum on socks and so only buy the cheapest socks available.

don’t they like being comfortable??

Eh, I have been very poor and high quality socks were often more than my transit cost to get to a temp job.

alnilam

Besides the free replacement thing, the other secret about darn tough / decent wool socks is you get several wears out of them before you hafta warsh them :ssh: so you only need like 1/5 as many pairs. That doesn't completely even out the cost but it goes a big part of the way there imo

But i get how if you are cash strapped laying down $60 for a few pairs of socks is tough, even if it's the only few you need. It's like terry brooks' boot allegory thing kinda.

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

It's like terry brooks' boot allegory thing kinda.

:stonk:

alnilam

uh oh did i guess the wrong terry

alnilam

It was tairy greene wasn't it

Heather Papps

hello friend

before socks were a thing people would just wrap their feet in cloths thank you one day in the life of ivan denisovich for teaching me this fact

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

like a bandana, that you wrap around your feet, and then put shoes on. honestly if i was going hiking for a day or had to plant trees again i might give it a shot, it is starting to sound pretty good.

Heather Papps

hello friend

struggling to explain to my niece and nephews that not only did smartphones not exist not that long ago, but also, socks are a recent invention

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
my socks arrive tomorrow :twisted:

a.p. dent

Sherbert Hoover posted:

my socks arrive tomorrow :twisted:

i’m expecting a full report

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
which orb has two thumbs and feet that feel like heaven

xcheopis

Sherbert Hoover posted:

This gal, that's who!

biosterous

Sherbert Hoover posted:

very happy to come back and see this result

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ohtori Akio
ive got a bunch of snow socks. and hell ive got some normal boot type socks. but hell i'm thinking about some soft and fuzzy house socks

baka of lathspell

everytime i find a wool sock in my chaotic Sock System im like woo its wool sock time.

wool socks are prolly a terrific gift idea

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Escape From Noise

Sock it to me.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
update: I can't find one of the socks

Ohtori Akio
time to order more socks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
got an update here: these socks are good and reasonably priced https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0929CZSL2?smid=A3OYWJALXPZT6E&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1&psc=1