Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Imma eat a probe for taking sides on war zone orphans left in the war zone or put into foster care?

Not sure that's the win they think it is but as long as more of those kids get to live that's all I care about. War sucks and should end, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Danann posted:

(from t.me/milchronicles/1279, via tgsa)

history rhymes itself again

designing a drive train that fails and overheats if you try and substitute tires of different sizes and rubber type is kinda impressive

'oh, here's some AFV's, if you put the winter tires on too soon it'll break down'

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Isentropy posted:

I've always wondered how Polish Canadians feel about the fact our government supports people who just can't stop wearing Political patches of the worst units of the SS that did awful poo poo in Warsaw in 1944

The answer may surprise you! They're fine with it because they did warcrimes to Kashubians and other ethnicities, the Polish Diaspora is almost entirely western Poland

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

There's been a lot of dumb poo poo in this war, but nearly triggering Article 4 over this and getting caught is a new high

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Slava Holodormor'mass

Not sure if I'm remembering correctly

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

CODChimera posted:

what is a Patriot Missile Defence System and if Ukraine was given them what would that mean?

*Poland profusely sweating intensifies*

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

lmaooooo that chaser, can't have nazi's if we alraedy fully integrated them into the national guard 8 years ago

cool cool cool

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i heard that russia is doomed and putin is drinking in public and it's all falling apart

Based upon western media, Putin is:
- Pissing himself
- making GBS threads himself
- Falling down stairs
- Has all the diseases
- Especially the sex ones
- Increasingly Isolated
- Out of money
- Out of bullets
- Jet on standby to run off to Peru when the country collapses

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Gresh posted:

gently caress this war and every rear end in a top hat against negotiations

cruise missiles into Moscow uwu

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Funds already allocated for relief, paying ourselves to send Canadian utility workers and supplies to repair infrastructure that will get bombed over and over again.

Libs love it

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

Really don't like how close the front is to donetsk

The scale of the humanitarian disaster that would follow Ukraine occupying that city would eclipse all that came before and it would receive no western coverage

The opposite would happen, they would blast media coverage of the place for weeks and addendum everything seen is Putin's fault. They just won't record themselves firing the bullets.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

lollontee posted:

lol i genuinely wonder how woulve all gone do2wn with trump at the helm

That's the easiest answer: wouldn't have got involved, 'eruopes problem', conflict over in a couple months once the weapons and supplies from euro allies ran dry. The peace deal Bojo hosed over would've happened with more benefit to Russia.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Azov battalion 'just like the rest of the AFU'

Not wrong lmao

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Ahhhhhhhh the events start at the top, not the bottom of the slope! Donkey rear end graph gently caress

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

this is like the polar express where the boy goes to visit Santa Claus in the North Pole https://twitter.com/zelenskyyua/status/1605443014847086592

That's gonna be one cursed Christmas address to congress for everyone but the MIC, sucking and loving

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Rashism infests these forums. It must be rooted out like a cancer growth

Regarde Aduck posted:

dog people (people who are dogs)

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

It’s not Majorian who scares me. It’s the CSPAM posters that found it easier to pick up rashism and kill, torture, rape innocent fellas in GBS rather than build a better subforum for themselves back where they belong

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Brutalist Thomas the Tank Engine

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Unveiled, sure.

Delivered? Not without approvals from Congress. Lmao

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

GlassElephant posted:

I would assume this would be a drawdown from the $45 billion approved for Ukraine in the December omnibus bill.

That's just money, it's needs approval before it cam be spent on something like military hardware. There's committees for exactly that kind of thing.

Committees appointed by the House Speaker.

At the start of congress.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

Congress already granted wide presidential drawdown authority, totaling $3.7bn for FY23. Most of that is still unallocated. Pretty sure this requires zero new legislation given, those facts.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF12040

https://www.state.gov/use-of-presidential-drawdown-authority-for-military-assistance-for-ukraine/

E: To make it easier to find, here's the language reference Congress having already approved this in advance, even if Congress leaves it up to the president to decide how and when to utilize PDA. Emphasis added.

"Overview of Programs Since 2014
The United States has used a variety of security assistance
programs and authorities to help build the defensive
capacity of the Ukrainian Armed Forces (UAF) through
train, equip, and advise efforts across multiple spending
accounts.
Especially since 2021, the United States has been providing
defense items to Ukraine via Presidential Drawdown
Authority (PDA), by which the President can authorize the
immediate transfer of articles and services from U.S.
stocks, up to a funding cap established in law, in response
to an “unforeseen emergency” (22 U.S.C. §2318(a)(1)).

Since August 2021, the Biden Administration has
authorized 26 drawdowns valued at $11.7 billion (Table 1). "

Of all the aspects of government prioritized to function without congressional approval, it makes perfect sense Biden would power move on this.

Thanks for the info, I hate it

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

gotta stop cheerleading the current narrative until the on-the-ground results dictate the new narrative

nothing wrong here, the current narrative no longer exists and never existed

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Danann posted:

(from t.me/Slavyangrad/28424, via tgsa)

playing world of tanks eight years to apply it irl

Warthunderishly: Didn't have the spawn points to come back as a CAS drone? Smh

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

euphronius posted:

crimea ?? wow. that ship sailed long ago

it sank

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

supersnowman posted:

It's like they don't understand that even if the Russian are completely out of Ukraine, they would still need to negotiate a peace treaty. Especially if they ever want reparation or anything like that.

They want to invade Russia OP

No negotiation if there's nobody left to negotiate with *taps head

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Majorian posted:

Uranium is mithril.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Leopards emblazoned with sonnenrads, Azov getting first dibs 1488% chance

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Curious whether a split like this would pop out a modern Mercia or Northumbrian state.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

"Ich bin nicht besessen. Ich bin nicht besessen!" Scholz continues to insist as his Leopard 2's shrink and transform into a кукурузный початок

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Piccolo-DODGE.gif

Just a skill issue :smug:

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Netherlands still fondly remember who showed up and turned their Nazis into paste :canada:

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

I for one welcome our new GBS Nazi Azovlords.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Budzilla posted:

"artisanally-made western military materiel" wtf?

I came into this thread a week ago to see posters here getting harder than granite over Russian aircraft like the Su-57 and Su-75 and how great they are and I poo poo it up by pointing out that

https://twitter.com/AlexHollings52/status/1576003763675856896

Get this. The F-35 has an availability rate of ~55%(lol). Let's just say an even 50%. The QE aircraft carrier can carry 36 F-35Bs at any 1 time. This means that on average there are 3 less F-35s that are available to fly on a single carrier at this very moment than Su-57 Felons(only 21 made including prototypes) in existence. This is assuming that the Su-57 has a 100% availability rate. So a single QE carrier can go toe to toe with the entire Russian 5th Gen fleet. The F-35 is a mass produced product that is very complicated to produce.

The F-35 might suck rear end and a lot of it. But compared to other military projects in Russia there is something to show for it. Look at the T-14. Russia was expecting to field 2000+ T-14s mid this decade and they have been reduced to putting commercially available thermals on T-62s. Doesn't this tell you something?

It's a fun what-if argument that's wholly dependent on NATO declaring actual war against Russia. Which, lmao

Better hope the QE delivery* to Ukraine full of F35's gets bankrolled by the IMF I guess

*pending dry weather

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

kronix posted:

I too get my information about the F35 from Esquire articles from half a decade ago.

Post the operational history, with references, or gently caress off back to gibbis then

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Cute article but they use the decrease of human height as metric to explain deterioration of human conditions under capitalism when it's pretty clear that capitalism enables shorter people to live long full lives and make short babies, something that isn't even mentioned in the conclusions

Capitalism is good because it enables more poor and malnourished 'short people' to live longer lives. I am not brain damaged

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Death By The Blues posted:

Ukraine may have blown up a drat while retreating from the north of Bakhmut

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1629456650212917249

They are going to absolutely gently caress up and let all of their men inside the town get captured.

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1629523925850882048

taking out your own dam to flood the only roads left out of Bakhmut thus ensuring your forces have no alternative but to surrender to the orcs or fight to the last

Winning

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Thread moved past but feels like Kyiv being that political without being on the front lines seems.. not good

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Pretty sure someone posted that Ukraine forces opened up a dam while they were retreating from the area north of Bakhmut, thus flooding out what remains of the last road access Ukraine forces have into that city. Whoever is left there is in it for the long haul of constant shelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

I'd rather be in the 'pro russian bubble' than constantly spinning my smooth brain to realign with the daily western narrative when facts on the ground change

Please remind me what the latest is on Bakhmut on a scale of 1 'not strategically important' to 10 'helms deep and the alamo rolled into one', I can't keep track