Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

finally off probation and awake. posting in this thread thanks all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

feeling a hankering for some blinchiki this morning.....

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

tazjin posted:

I'm away for a handful of pages and you people got the whole thread closed! Incredible.

Anyways, for lack of on the ground updates from Russia, I have to resort to on the ground updates from Stockholm where Pizza Hut is openly displaying its support for the SMO:

пицца хат... must be destroyed

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

x-com is a cool game

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

is that bad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bongmaster posted:

have a guess

those dont look very modern

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

genericnick posted:

Would they even help if you don't send maintenance formations along with them?

probably not for a very long time lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

robert e lee was cringe

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

usaids
im gay

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Azathoth posted:

So that key icon thing that comes up in there, could someone explain to me what that is? I don't recognize it and uh...well, I feel like I need to ask.

its the website logo on the privatiztion site https://privatization.gov.ua/en/

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its always better to think about trains than to think about war

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

destroying a train... beyond the pale

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

according to the 2001 ukrainian census, crimea + sevastopol (administratively separate) had a combined population of 2.4 million. according to the 2021 russian census, crimea + sevastopol had a combined population of... close to 2.5 million. it is difficult to believe there are 800 thousand russians who only moved there after 2014 lol.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

any hoi4 player could have told the pentagon about the importance of building military factories

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dreylad posted:

"vatnik activism"?

my ancestors are smiling at me, vatnik, can you say the same?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i always kinda liked the way communion wafers tasted lol. not enough to keep me going to mass though.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mlmp08 posted:

It's a shame Armchair Anime Wife Guy logged off. His takes were incredibly stupid and uninformed, but often in an amusingly dumb and self-contradictory way. And he did the RWA thing of talking about rah rah Russian army, and then would take a break to wax episodic about reactionary right-wing dreams of his own country and desired way of government.

he was so awesome

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cannot believe an entire russian regiment was anal vored

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i support all locomotives

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

frosted flakes will be free to post, and defend the pope, in a few hours

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

when FF's probe expires, we must look to jeffrey's chimney. if white smoke emerges, FF shall post with us. if black smoke emerges, FF is banned.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cuba can denazify the united states

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Comrade Koba posted:

“mykola hohol” sounds like a slur from pro-russian telegram channels

hello my name is taras ukrop, and i am a giant of literature

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

just learning that russia manufactures cars, i can no longer support their invasion of ukraine

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah there is no way that russia intended all along to give up the major city in an oblast they annexed lol, this is a big dub for ukraine

hope the war ends soon

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

starting to mald this morning

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im da freakin joker... when i read about this war it just makes me laugh

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not that international law means anything but aren't soldiers obligated to accept surrender?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sounds bad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a big difference between french mutinies and what happened to the imperial russian military in 1917 was that the french were still willing to fight defensively, for the most part, they just refused to attack, while the russian army was just melting away - surrendering en masse, deserting, disorganized fleeing ahead of advancing, in some instances killing their officers. it was a collapse on a completely different scale.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

kolovrat postin

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cant believe a nafo guy would say ukrainians have no culture

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

manufacturing accounts for more than 1/3 of ireland's gdp according to a google search

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

iCe-CuBe. posted:

I hope the third Black Panther movie is set in Ukraine

ukranda forever

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

andrew tate has completed the ideological journey from far-right politics to joining the taliban, and hell, i support him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lol watching that video i was like "nazi salute is a little bit of a stretch, this is stupid, he's just holding a flag" but then at the end... drat

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Whoa Viccy 3 is a bad game?

like all paradox games at release its fun but nto quite finished

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Truga posted:

the only good paradox game is stellaris because it doesn't shy away from the stupider topics of empires

in hoi4, the whole "actually, germany is doing a triple genocide to everyone south or east of them" never comes up at all lmfao, at least in stellaris i can purge the heretic space elves

that was a deliberate design choice on the part of the devs as they wanted to make a war simulator not a game where you can do the holocaust. whether thats appropriate for a world war 2 game is up for debate but knowing the political beliefs of a big chunk of paradox's player base i think that disallowing the player from meaningfully interacting with civilian populations (except as an abstract number for manpower) is certainly defensible lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

https://twitter.com/LunaOi_VN/status/1470759874766147585

luna oi links to a voa vietnamese article to encourage people to learn more about vietnamese debt. in the article it says (machine translated)

quote:

AP news agency quoted dâgn information of the US Financial Institution for the book, in 145 million dollars in 76 million dollars is the principal of loans for agriculture, transportation, factories… which was the loan of Saigon to Washington's loan when the statistic ended the Southern Competition in 1975 and the remaining 70 million dollars was profit for 24 years. US officials said no loan was used to fund military operations in the South.

now its from voa, which, lol, but presumably if it wasn't true she would have linked to something else? just my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

putin, speaking in an urkel voice with a russian accent: did i do that