Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
tbh deleting old in active accounts is fine imo, though sitting on usernames and stuff is a weird internet thing that shouldnt be a thing??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

And how many PhD programs Elon has just inspired?

pffff lowtax has launched way more phDs than birdsite.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
double posting, Musk also bought his SpaceX "founder" title.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

lol at musky's birdsite banner being a terraformed Mars, lol that type of tech isnt even doable for a few centuries.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Owling Howl posted:

Musk wants to use nukes for terraforming and we've had nukes for 70+ years so...

??

i've never heard of nukes as a method of terraforming, well at least making things warmer and stuff. like nuclear winter isnt warm?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

The bigger problem is that on a planetary scale, a nuke isn't very powerful and the blast doesn't last very long. They're great for creating a temporarily lethal environment in an area the size of a major human population center. They are not great for creating enough heat energy to melt a loving ice cap.

oh thats what I thought. isnt earth still not a Kardashev level 1 civ? lol at musk not getting orders of magnitude between ALL OF EARTH NUKES vs a planet. also bet you could trick him with a dry ice bomb or a balloon pop.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
thats dumb and maybe we should ban high frequency trading. humans dont experience life on micro or nano second time scales, why the gently caress should a company's value flux on that scale then too?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
actually his current bird avatar is a multi thousand dollar halloween costume, some generic "demon/devil " leather /pleather armor.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
because they thought the puppet was going to be easy to control.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sodomy Hussein posted:

In normyworld that is what happens, but Elon exists under a different set of rules.

isnt there a classic banking/fin joke of you owe the bank 10 000$s, the bank owns you. You owe the bank millions or billions, you own the bank?

why wouldnt this apply to Musk and his amazing dumpster fire?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

IUG posted:

Saw that in another thread, but wanted to thank you for taking the time to screenshot rather than embeds.

people really should screencap musk birdposts instead of posting the actual bird link.

his posts getting less page visits and other metrics is good. (btw this applies to all bad birdposters. screencap your enemies, repost your friends. then again people should stop using a bad site too , but baby steps)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
going from another SA thread, unlimited PTO is great on paper but not in practice, like apparently there's a social pressure for everyone to use as least as much.

its better just to have a "normal" bucket of X hours, Y hours to use during the year, and Z for rollover.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
tbh, given how regressive America is , even without the context of the last 6 years, posting "there's a drag show here" would probably be winkwink kinda stuff.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
he stopped the steal and is re doing it.

also supposed its getting stolen even harder now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
they're in the same ballpark stupidity level too.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
nitter/libredirect is breaking way more in the last few days.

the GBS musk thread also says that birdsite is very broken for AU/NZ.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but birdsite and zuckbook make me feel good? also my current network is already there, never mind that me/society in general have always gone through a cycle of newest platform , but the current era's giants was an abnormally long reign.

Also I'm going to text phone numbers of my contacts admonishing and trying to guilty people to stay because how else can I say in contact with them?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at an antman form the other side of the planet having a fight with a FL man (Caturd) and both these people having tier 1 support of Musk.

you think antman even knows where to place Destantis's FL, Abbott's TX, or Donnie's La Margo on a map?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at antman thinking Musk is doing the typing scene from NSCI. I mean he is a keyboard warrior, but his weapon is the pathetic formfactor of a phone.

Also more lols at Musk sleeping with all the drugs he does plus the above bird warrior stuff.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I mean their fundie guy before Donnie was also My Son Killed a Dog Huckleberry, Cruz, and even Dr "sleepy, stabbiest stabber, brother bear"Carson.

early camp forming is also useless at this stage, but is also ultimately useless because we all know they will vote for whatever R.

e: Doesnt Obama or Swift/someother music lady still hold the #1 birdspot? how come their numbers arent causing issues?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 12, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I love how I still dont even know what kind of generic probably team neutral bird post Biden did, but I know Musk actually did pick a team.

oh and then the team lost.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
always good to deflect to being in favor of your SO's pick.

also I cant read musk's soul/mind, but if he's like Donnie the fact he picked a loser and WAS WRONG eats at his stupid soul atoms.

lol at caring too much at an event where you get drunk and eat junk food.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
reminder that goons should try to be poll workers so regressives dont get in.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if he makes its number go up then how can there be crimes?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh yeah what about 50$/day for weed?

Also Id.me, is a free service?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I thought this was a joke, there's different types of checkmarks?

Also a 1 000 $ transaction sounds like its high enough the banks and the 4 big transaction processor dont like it if there's a bunch of disputes and issues.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musky himself might be comping them.

and it makes me wonder if he or birdsite has to document that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the GBS musk thread has Jamal Khashoggi getting the checkmark back.

Also McCain got it back, but not Cain.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
that violates the Musk law of giving credit/kudos to a creator.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

That was never actually a real thing. It was made up by NFT advocates as a potential theoretical use for NFTs, so they could claim that NFTs were more than just a speculative asset.

There were always three big problems with the idea, though:
  1. It doesn't actually require NFTs at all - it can be done perfectly fine with existing tech.
  2. The reason no one is doing it isn't because the tech doesn't exist, it's because there's substantial game design and business reasons weighing against giving people free items in your game based on their activity in someone else's game.
  3. The NFT games industry is even more subject to those business reasons than the normal games industry, because it's an ultra-monetized microtransaction hell that makes mobile games look almost ethical by comparison.

ignoring that bullshit, just the competitive game balancing problems is bullshit.

like 2021 spring's had some big serious newspaper go "what if mario kart was an nft and there was one one mario and he's da best? you could rent-fhi34rfgtlk;k;gtok4ljgloihi34h

like okay so either real tournies or comp play bans the use of the objectively best NFTs or just allow the best NFTs to just do the same boring meta all the time. o

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its also a pretty decent case of a subject he didnt know even existed, but then suddenly got supa nova mad and demanded the world conform to his position.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Taskmaster Newzealand had some lesbian woman comic from SA.

she was funny and great and great at abusing Paul.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
there's a non zero chance musk's username transfer is the laziest way, and he just changes the email and password form his side before giving it to new owners.

lol at get the DMs of a major news org.

oh and their follower number that make my feefees feel good.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
whats stopping an alpha chad scrapper from scrapping his own pile of bird data?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
reminds me when the ceo/prez of JCpenny wanted to have honest prices and sales went bad because people wanted to have the pretend skinner box prices.

humans are stupid.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
heard about the discord name thing from pyf's iosm thread. whats with supposed modern tech things (like birdsite, or discord) being unable to deal with multiple same usernames(and other things)?

like real life meat space gets that people can in fact have the same name , hell a single family at the same house, a grandparent, parent, and grandkid can all have the same name, and while thats confusing, its not system breaking.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its been mention in this thread and other threads, but lol when discord blinks out of existence and a whole bunch of knowledge and info just vanishes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i still think having accounts having an account creation fee is good and probably one of SA's greatest ideas.

anything that puts a small road bump for bad users is good. though there's some debate on if this also signification affects other groups.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe? like theres some articles out there that say that even his stupid muskrats pay for a month and then cancel or dont renew because lol paying for barely anything more.

like atleast being lazy about canceling streaming services or a gym emembership means you have access to legit things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i thought its because they hate that they arent just "normal" or "default."