Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly everyone he dropped were people on visas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tuxedo Gin posted:

I've never in my life given a poo poo or clicked on anything about Tesla stock, and yet Twitter now is constantly pushing tweets about how I need to go all in on Tesla to my feed.

Wow that’s pathetically transparent.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Discendo Vox posted:

I know nothing about regulation in this area; would that be legal?

I don’t think so, it’s very shameless, but I don’t think it’s against any rules.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The tech bro mindset is that computers are literal magic, and all of Twitter's problems is that the lazy worthless workers refuse to cast the spells properly to make the problems disappear.
He’s literally a cartoon tech bro villain at this point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mark Beaks is explicitly a riff on techbros designed to be unsympathetic and obnoxious and somehow still comes off as less of a weirdo than Zuckerberg. (and they were originally considering calling him Duckerberg) He's also implicitly a product of generational privilege.

And then there's the whole introductory episode where he becomes a billionaire by creating absurd hype about a vaguely described new product causing investors to pour their money in, and then of course it turns out there is no actual product- and he hired a corporate saboteur to break in and steal the nonexistent product as an alibi while pocketing the money. I think that's literally just a rugpull with some extra steps.

...and the next early episode even has him try to push an unsafe and unfinished self-driving car to market, based on (accidentally) publicly available technology at that. And later on in the show his reputation has collapsed because the sheen wore off and he doesn't actually have anything new or good to offer.

Plus Beaks refusing to do something on his own and just stealing other peoples ideas. A podcast sidestory for the series had him set up a call in service for inventors wanting to share their ideas so he can steal them and claim them as his own.

Elon sounds exactly like him in many ways.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I kind of want Legbreakers to just threaten him into paying.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wow that is pathetic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I would laugh forever if he did this, and still lost the votes.

it’s would almost be a sign up for twitter blue advertisement. I would not do it even to vote against him cause I don’t want to give him any money and I doubt he would obey the result anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Republicans posted:

If he reposted the "do you like me" poll and only paid users could respond imagine how funny it would be if like 4000 people voted and he still lost.

I would find it hilarious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looking increasingly likely he is just going to ignore the poll.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Original_Z posted:

Not that I'm happy for people losing their jobs, but it's somewhat satisfying to see all of these pro-Elon 'hardcore' staff who should have seen warning signs miles away and yet decided to stay on either be cut or disillusioned. Real voting for the face-eating panthers stuff.

A good chunk of them are on Visa's and have no choice.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Twitter no longer works for me from checking.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's very funny whenever you see people trying to be loyal to Elon or Trump, because they are loyal to no one in return

Elon appears to be worse than Trump at it by what I have seen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also he did get to the point.

https://twitter.com/iamharaldur/status/1632915201652662276

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It actually looks like him trying to hide a lawsuit

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1642952407251296260

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So Musk is paying for some famous people to try and trick people into subbing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Blue seems to being gifted to tons of Legacy Verified people, cause I just saw several people that were not interested, and even made their own alt versions of check marks suddenly get Blue.

^edit Ahh that would be why. But it’s super deceptive cause it says they are paying.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It’s amazing how he does not seem capable of doing a single thing right. He needs to step down like he promised.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 2, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Quote not edit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He offered such a stupid amount of money for it. It would have been dumb not to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Another dumb idea by twitter.

https://twitter.com/xDaily/status/1784679320218124789