Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Bip Roberts posted:

Who eats pizza with gloves on

remind me never to share a gamepad with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Is it true that the Chinese invented spaghetti?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The chinese invented everything

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The chinese invented everything

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1334567538534084608?s=46&t=Hfc7qh8PIx0IpkJxqYrGDw

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gosh. There have been so many racist and ignorant US Senators.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

lol

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

MOTHER loving GOD drat ORANGE PEEL BEEF
https://youtu.be/1HakM73YbZQ

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Justin Credible posted:

This is what came to mind with me. And you can bring up a mess of noodles, take a small bite and let the rest kind of drop and it looks better than pushing salad around on a plate while the script supervisor passes through the background of a shot they used in the show

https://i.imgur.com/ZMBpEqX.mp4

Lol.

I like chopsticks because it means I don't have to listen to tony soprano breathing hard from the effort of insanely loud knife and fork sounds.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man that is a great burn.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I’ll just say this: you ever try inserting a fork deep into your urethra? I rest my case

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
My Hollywood food complaint is when they use full plates of food as a prop but the plates are still full at the end of the scene.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It seems like anytime in the movies or TV where someone is having takeout its always

1. Chinese food (almost always lo mein)

They're worms, Michael.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

italian quid posted:

Is it true that the Chinese invented spaghetti?

nope that was the italians

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
why would people who eat with sticks invent something you need a fork to eat? think about it

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

I was working with some people from New Zealand and when we ordered Chinese food they were all like "whoa it all came in little boxes, just like in the movies!"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Here if you order a succulent Chinese meal it will come in a black container with a clear plastic lid.. rice on one side and the protein or whatever on the other.

If you order a pint or quart of the protein OR rice/noodle, it comes in the"traditional" white box with dragons oh the side

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i saw a "how it's made" episode abaout a company that makes the white takeout boxes. they make a fuckload of money.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

most sicko thing I have seen Hollywood do with food is this scene from the 1986 film "Cobra"

Why he has a carton of eggs at he desk.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rocky gag?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Chinatown posted:

big ol MSG tiddies

https://i.imgur.com/DqRBhli.mp4

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Those black takeout containers aren’t even recyclable in most areas even though they have the little symbol on em. Basically fucks up the whole sorting system and they have to dump the whole batch in the trash.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We don't get those iconic boxes here :(

Pretty much all takeout (other than pizza obviously) comes in boring polystyrene foam boxes like this

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I use the black plastic ones to grow cactus babies :3:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Justin Credible posted:

This is what came to mind with me. And you can bring up a mess of noodles, take a small bite and let the rest kind of drop and it looks better than pushing salad around on a plate while the script supervisor passes through the background of a shot they used in the show

https://i.imgur.com/ZMBpEqX.mp4

lol what show was this again? I can't remember.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

Who eats pizza with gloves on

Cobra is a loose cannon but he gets results

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lots of Italians cut pizza with scissors, that's always been such an ignorant American HYUK WHUT!

The gloves are pure Stallone though.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
I dump my takeout Chinese food right into the toilet where it belongs
then I crawl in alongside it because it's where I belong too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lt. Marion Cobretti

thats not his loving name lmao are you for real

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Get her rear end Chen

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PizzaProwler posted:

lol what show was this again? I can't remember.

I'm pretty sure it was dexter

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Motherfucking Orange Peel Beef!

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
1) Good for filming

2) Clockwork Oranges actors and carbs. Can't have our actors gaining weight so making them associate carbs with doing multiple takes eating food spoiled by hot lights is a good way to ensure they have a pavlovian response.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It seems like anytime in the movies or TV where someone is having takeout its always

1. Chinese food (almost always lo mein)
2. They eat straight from the carton
3. They always use chopsticks no matter what the background of the character

Yes it makes sense that a well-educated worldly person would know how to use chopsticks but I think they would take the lo mein out and put it on a plate. A blue collar person it would make sense for them to be a slob and eat from the carton but I think they would use plastic forks to eat their food. And why does nobody ever seem to get tacos, or burgers or indian food or pizza any other kind of takeout? I love chinese takeout too but I don't have it for every other meal and I definitely have pizza and fast food more often than Chinese food. But anytime anyone has a casual work meeting or they're talking on the phone or eating while watching TV it's always lo mein straight from the carton with chopsticks.

chinese food fuckin whips rear end, looks good and cool, amkes you look cool when you eat it, tastes good, and is good. hope this answers your goddamn question op

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Mastication is disgusting and, much like tampon advertisements, it should not be shown on TV.

Also any commercial in which people are happier or more successful than me.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

gotta be careful you dont hover into the ceiling fan

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Literally A Person posted:

Also any commercial in which people are happier or more successful than me.

:agreed:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Chinese chow mein is good but Trinidad chow mein whips rear end

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
"chicka da china da chinese chicken"

~canada

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Randarkman posted:

The real pros just scarf down down the food right out of a bucket or kettle.

If you can't get a good take in the time it takes to devour the food, then that's the production unit's problem.

The most disgusting thing is it doesn't even appear he buttered the bread. God drat.

And yes salad-pro-acting-lady was Dexter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey man you ever like, try to eat a taco with chopsticks? Non. Euclidean. Geometries. :aaaaa: