Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

It seems like anytime in the movies or TV where someone is having takeout its always

1. Chinese food (almost always lo mein)
2. They eat straight from the carton
3. They always use chopsticks no matter what the background of the character

Yes it makes sense that a well-educated worldly person would know how to use chopsticks but I think they would take the lo mein out and put it on a plate. A blue collar person it would make sense for them to be a slob and eat from the carton but I think they would use plastic forks to eat their food. And why does nobody ever seem to get tacos, or burgers or indian food or pizza any other kind of takeout? I love chinese takeout too but I don't have it for every other meal and I definitely have pizza and fast food more often than Chinese food. But anytime anyone has a casual work meeting or they're talking on the phone or eating while watching TV it's always lo mein straight from the carton with chopsticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

JediTalentAgent posted:

No, the new hotness is Thai food. Or Vietnamese. Or Indian. If your character is ordering Chinese food in the year 2022, they might as well be eating a Big Mac and washing it down with a cup of KFC gravy.

perhaps in real life but in tv they will continue relentlessly picking at a carton with chopsticks like they lost their wedding ring in the noodles