Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I just found out Sam had a son and...wow. Really dark stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Escape From Noise posted:

I just found out Sam had a son and...wow. Really dark stuff.

wait till you hear about his dog

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ohtori Akio
I sent a gift, and OP, I did not obey the theme I was given. :evilbuddy:

Secret Sam

HO, HO, HO
I've been making a list, and checking it twice.

I don't need to, I already know who has been naughty and who has been nice.
I see you always.

Escape From Noise

Secret Sam posted:

I've been making a list, and checking it twice.

I don't need to, I already know who has been naughty and who has been nice.
I see you always.

Look. I eat a lot of fiber.

Manifisto

today is/was the international shipping deadline, thanks to all who have sent their packages on their way, I too sent my crate on its little journey today, so fortunately I don't need to ban myself! domestic shipping deadline is coming up soon!

ty nesamdoom!

more falafel please

forums poster

i sent mine out today as well. it's international so while I hope it gets there before greebmas I'm not confident

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Manifisto posted:

today is/was the international shipping deadline, thanks to all who have sent their packages on their way, I too sent my crate on its little journey today, so fortunately I don't need to ban myself! domestic shipping deadline is coming up soon!

gently caress me i wrote the wrong day in my calendar i will get it off tomorrow (the post office just closed)

i will eat a ban i throw myself on the mercy of secret sam

Ohtori Akio
Mod Sam so he can do it.

Escape From Noise

According to the tracking number my package left Kawasaki on the 12th. That's as much as I know.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

sb hermit

mine shipped today

Manifisto

Heather Papps posted:

gently caress me i wrote the wrong day in my calendar i will get it off tomorrow (the post office just closed)

i will eat a ban i throw myself on the mercy of secret sam

sam knows nothing of this "mercy" you speak of. however the ban button seems to be jammed at the moment, if you can get your gift off before it starts working you may yet escape his jolly lidless eye.

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Manifisto posted:

sam knows nothing of this "mercy" you speak of. however the ban button seems to be jammed at the moment, if you can get your gift off before it starts working you may yet escape his jolly lidless eye.

on my way to the post office as we speak! i followed my theme directly and also, laterally!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

I am now very curious on how you follow a theme laterally. It's a whole new dimension!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Heather Papps

hello friend

let's say my theme was something along the lines of "minty" and i sent some mint condition trading cards instead of toothpaste. i don't want to blow the puzzle for the eventual recipient.

i also tossed some rocks in there cause i love rocks even they are connected to the theme tho, in the most obtuse of ways

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh yeah also the package is "en route" which i think is italian for "mailed"

Escape From Noise

Edit: wrong thread

Manifisto

well folks, it's here, today is the domestic shipping deadline! hopefully everyone is spreading their holiday joy like the Sons of Sam (or Stepdaughters of Sam, as the case may be) we all are!

ty nesamdoom!

Secret Sam

HO, HO, HO
I hope everyone was very, very nice this year... especially you, poster.

Escape From Noise

Secret Sam posted:

I hope everyone was very, very nice this year... especially you, poster.

Nuts 2 u, Sam! :baduk:

Finger Prince

My gifts have been both delivered and received, but you'll have to wait until Tuesday for the great reveal!

Secret Sam

HO, HO, HO

Secret Sam never forgets.

more falafel please

forums poster

my gift left the US on a plane on friday, so hopefully it's in COUNTRY REDACTED by now. I don't think I can use the same tracking number to track it in COUNTRY REDACTED

Manifisto

:woop: a package arrived this afternoon! I am extremely excited and will post a full set of photos soon, perhaps tomorrow! (haven't opened it yet!) HAIL SAM

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

I'm on pins and needles.

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Still three more days left in the week, I hope my Secret Sam gift shows up on time :pray:

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

more falafel please

forums poster

a guy came up to the door today to bring packages and.... one of them was some stickers for my partner's work

but the other one was from secret sam!

my secret sam was NON KRAMPUS MENTIS which is apropos because there's no way krampus would have sent this stuff so it's definitely non-krampus

got some cocktail syrup which sounds awesome, a sucker, some chocolatey pretzels, some chai, and a deck of single-card RPG concepts, which I can't wait to mess with! they're all made in DC, so they've gone from one city built on a swamp to another

thanks NON KRAMPUS MENTIS and happy greebmas!

Ohtori Akio
Oh is it time???

I received from Finger Prince an adorable sweater, a hiking bell to alert bears to my presence, some delicious Kagoshima tea with a teapot, and some cute stickers. Thank you!!! And my cat helped me inspect them.

Finger Prince

What's this, a trove of treasures?

An assortment of hot sauces? A bag of salt and vinegar chips (which is a flavour I love but rarely get because I'm the only one that loves it)? A mystery bag? :blessed: it's perfect! 😁

In the bag is a cool looking card game! Can't wait to play it!

Thank you very much Saoshyant!

Manifisto

my package, from Ohtori Akio, was filled with an amazing assortment of hot sauces/condiments, chocolate bars, and lip balm! I believe some of these products are native to Ohtori's hometown, I have never tried any of them and they look absolutely delicious. many many thanks! may I also say that everything was packaged exceptionally well! I will add a snapshot of everything when I have some better lighting. this will be a merry samsmas indeed . . .

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

also the tracking info for my gift says it was delivered yesterday, which I'm very relieved about given the possibility of being hung up in customs . . . .

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

gonna not take pictures of my giftbox when it arrives it's for me not the whole dang internet

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

gonna not take pictures of my giftbox when it arrives it's for me not the whole dang internet

:wrong:

Ohtori Akio

Manifisto posted:

my package, from Ohtori Akio, was filled with an amazing assortment of hot sauces/condiments, chocolate bars, and lip balm! I believe some of these products are native to Ohtori's hometown, I have never tried any of them and they look absolutely delicious. many many thanks! may I also say that everything was packaged exceptionally well! I will add a snapshot of everything when I have some better lighting. this will be a merry samsmas indeed . . .

I was shooting for a PNW smorgasbord. Ended up seeing some stuff from a state over that was too cool to pass up.

Escape From Noise

According to Japan Post my package should take two weeks but they also said there could be delays because of the supply chain issues. I sent it on the 9th so I need A Miracle on 69th Street!

Manifisto

Ohtori Akio posted:

I was shooting for a PNW smorgasbord. Ended up seeing some stuff from a state over that was too cool to pass up.

a smorgasbord with lip balm, a very thoughtful touch!

ty nesamdoom!

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
I alas did not take pictures of my secret Sam packages, but there were TWO of them! one had some lovely stickers and little doodads (including a pair of extremely comfortable socks that I adore), and the other had a whole bunch of additions to my world folklore shelf, all of which cover geographical and cultural areas I didn’t have much reading material on before now. many many many thanks to SB HERMIT.

more falafel please, I’m so glad you liked your package! I would have sent something else that is Legally Made In DC but was advised by the closest thing I have to legal counsel that it would likely get hosed with in transit and get us both in trouble, so if you swing by the nation’s capitol any time in 2023, you have an open invitation to get smoked out.

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

sb hermit

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

I alas did not take pictures of my secret Sam packages, but there were TWO of them! one had some lovely stickers and little doodads (including a pair of extremely comfortable socks that I adore), and the other had a whole bunch of additions to my world folklore shelf, all of which cover geographical and cultural areas I didn’t have much reading material on before now. many many many thanks to SB HERMIT.

more falafel please, I’m so glad you liked your package! I would have sent something else that is Legally Made In DC but was advised by the closest thing I have to legal counsel that it would likely get hosed with in transit and get us both in trouble, so if you swing by the nation’s capitol any time in 2023, you have an open invitation to get smoked out.

:toot:

more falafel please

forums poster

regrettably I misinterpreted the USPS tracking on my outgoing package and it's still here in a regional processing facility as of this morning. seems like odds of making it by Sunday are unlikely, but it's still on its way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

My secret goal was "taboo" and I was going to mail you a lot of bilingual editions of books banned in various school districts in our united states but I landed zero hits in my hunts in the usual haunts.

I was going to also mail a korean language new testament in order to further the idea but I decided to keep it because it was not bilingual.