Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
The cholesterol in brains is surprisingly high.

Go work out for a few dozen hours, that should balance it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

thanks grandpa :D

... got any prions?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

... got any prions?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Wendigee posted:

... got any prions?

Seriously. That's a lot of cholesterol. And that's being said by a choloesterol-stoked boomer.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Genesplicer posted:

Seriously. That's a lot of cholesterol. And that's being said by a choloesterol-stoked boomer.

pork brains

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Genesplicer posted:

i mean yeah, even if it doesn't have prions in it, its pure fat, a large amount of which is cholesterol.... this is why you need cholesterol, it keeps your brain workin right?

your not supposed to eat em really...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

i mean yeah, even if it doesn't have prions in it, its pure fat, a large amount of which is cholesterol.... this is why you need cholesterol, it keeps your brain workin right?

your not supposed to eat em really...

pork brains

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

your body is gonna be fine at producing cholesterol without you eating it raw from brains

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

your cholesterol levels are determined more by your weight than diet, although diet does contribute. but if you have a lot of body fat your baseline cholesterol levels will just be higher even if you don't eat much of it.

if you're skinny you can probably eat some brains now and then and suffer no ill effects, until the prions kill you horrifically 15 years later.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
since there's a prion that can stop you from sleeping i wonder if there's a prion that makes you gay

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pac and Cheese posted:

since there's a prion that can stop you from sleeping i wonder if there's a prion that makes you gay

you must have eaten that one

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
not that there is anything wrong with that

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I ate cow brain once when I was young. It was in the Philippines and I'm pretty sure it was a nice restaurant. Anyway the prions have made me the poster I am today.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Doc Fission posted:

I ate cow brain once when I was young. It was in the Philippines and I'm pretty sure it was a nice restaurant. Anyway the prions have made me the poster I am today.

forgetting wether or not I have a brain has also made me the poster I am today

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

not that there is anything wrong with that

thank you

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

lol bad mumpy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

lol bad mumpy

:wink:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I survived the night only to have to endure lava butt this morning. I pine for a quick death.

naem
May 29, 2011

Bad Purchase posted:

your cholesterol levels are determined more by your weight than diet, although diet does contribute. but if you have a lot of body fat your baseline cholesterol levels will just be higher even if you don't eat much of it.

if you're skinny you can probably eat some brains now and then and suffer no ill effects, until the prions kill you horrifically 15 years later.

people in the dark ages doing farm labor eating mostly just bread or gruel for weeks on end needed to occasionally eat sources of fat, salt, cholesterol etc, we have the opposite problem today

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

All that cholesterol is just smarts, ya dummies

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Come back when you eat pig balls

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i may be a lazy slob covered in mud who roots around through refuse for anything edible, but in my defense i ate pork brains and absorbed their knowledge

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Come back when you eat pig balls

I have never eaten pig balls but I have eaten rocky mountain oysters. Not awful, but I have also never been possessed to eat them more than once.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Mozi posted:

i may be a lazy slob covered in mud who roots around through refuse for anything edible, but in my defense i ate pork brains and absorbed their knowledge

That explains a lot actually. I ate some oysters way back and now all I do is lay about and filter poo poo

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

Do they make a meat and cruelty free pork brain alternative yet? My doctor made me stop eating raw organs.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Mr. Blastaway posted:

Do they make a meat and cruelty free pork brain alternative yet? My doctor made me stop eating raw organs.

What a quack

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Mr. Blastaway posted:

is he a chiropractor?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Brains belong in jars, op, not stomachs.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Brains are basically old world avocados. They occupy a similar culinary niche where they have a delightful unctuousness while being mild on flavor.

I had some brains on toast this morning with homemade black pudding and it was delightful.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

You got the Mad Pig Disease, OP.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I ate an undercooked pork chop last week then was a little sick for a few days after. I probably got them little worms burrowing into my brains and flesh now.

Our parasites should meet and greet, OP

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

You got the Mad Pig Disease, OP.

Nope, just lava-butt so far.

The thought of literally pooping out another creature’s brains is one I have not considered until this moment. It’s very BDE.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I've heard of poo poo for brains, but brains for poo poo? :jerry:

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I ate an undercooked pork chop last week then was a little sick for a few days after. I probably got them little worms burrowing into my brains and flesh now.

Our parasites should meet and greet, OP

As a baby gay I went through a pretty hardcore goth/Victorian phase before I properly came out. I purposefully gave myself tapeworms to lose my goonly physique, as was cutting edge science during the Belle epoch.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Nice, OP. I personally enjoy a calf sweetbread from time to time.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How are the balls looking op? Any improvements, size or otherwise?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

How are the balls looking op? Any improvements, size or otherwise?

Still the same size, but there’s definitely poop on them

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Still the same size, but there’s definitely poop on them

That should Keep Mr T away*. Though tiny zombies may mistake your ballsack for a little brain, and considering their love of fresh human intestines, wouldn't mind the poo poo. So watch out.

Also, I have to say that, after reading this thread, my zero desire to eat animal brains is now less than zero.

*Original up-to-the-minute contemporary joke, do not steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I really love sweetbreads and fried lambs brains. I have a friend that makes the latter like fried chicken with a super peppery batter. I don't eat them very often though and wouldn't dream of getting them at a hot pot place.

Hot pot is really one of those places that always sounds way better on paper. It always makes me feel sick.