Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
https://youtu.be/nMlb3UEA4MI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Holy.

loving.

poo poo.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
That’s some great OG Gen X energy right there. Still slacking after all these years. Keep it real Billy!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhgpelu0vY

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

whats on his forehead? is he starting a cult?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
What the hell else are you supposed to do as a front man while your drummer's doing a solo?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That is loving amazing. I respect the poo poo out of that compared to if he was doing one of his awkward dances or some poo poo. 10/10 would watch Billy eat chips and dip again.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

looking for evidence that there's any dip... just looks like a plastic cup with some chips in it

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
He’s dipping! Look at the dip!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he's dipping them in water to soften them up, billy corgan is a huge baby sad to say

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
a hard chip could shred his precious vocal chords

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Imagine Billy taking a break while the drum solo is banging on and he's eating chips and dip but his mic is on the entire time and it's all "slurrrrp crunch cnrucnh mmmsssmsmmm crunch crunch slurp"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Mozi posted:

a hard chip could shred his precious vocal chords

that's true, i suppose moistening chips is the prudent move and i might do the same in his shoes, and i should've thought about that before lashing out at him

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

he's dipping them in water to soften them up

his gums are as smooth as his pate

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

that's true, i suppose moistening chips is the prudent move and i might do the same in his shoes, and i should've thought about that before lashing out at him

i'm glad we were able to metaphorically smash this pumpkin of a disagreement

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
He is dipping them in vaseline to keep the vocal chords lubricated

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Dudes rule

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
Asking in a Billy Corgan thread.

Here is the recently deceased Low Roar, doing a hit that featured on the Death Stranding OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5rpOXS9O8Q

Here is Billy Corgan and his Smashing Pumpkins doing a record on their Ava, Adore album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgvQiIn3CkQ

I think they sound the same.

Am I mad with power?

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Billy Corgan sounds like somebody is stepping on his Nutsack

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Even though I know
I suppose I'll show
Cool ranch dip so cold
not with Doritos...

Despite all my rage, I'm still just enjoying my Lay's

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

this changes EVERYTHING

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

he's dipping them in water to soften them up, billy corgan is a huge baby sad to say

If you leave them in the dip for a bit, they soften up and no one has to know what you're doing.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

There is no dip! The dip is fake news.

He's eating dried chips as per normal

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Ok but can he eat a full meal while playing?

quote:

The order, Rick Wakeman remembers, was for chicken vindaloo, rice pilau, six papadums, bhindi bhaji, Bombay aloo, and a stuffed paratha. This was November 1973 and Yes had sold out the Manchester Free Trade Hall for a performance of Tales From Topographic Oceans. The album consisted of four songs that rolled gently together, over four sides of vinyl, for 83 minutes. “There were a couple of pieces where I hadn’t got much to do,” Wakeman would recall, “and it was all a bit dull."

During every show, a keyboard tech reclined underneath Wakeman’s Hammond organ, ready to fix broken hammers or ribbons and to “continually hand me my alcoholic beverages.” That night in Manchester, the tech asked the bored Wakeman what he wanted to eat after the show. Wakeman, the lone carnivore in Yes, ordered the curry. “Half the audience were in narcotic rapture on some far-off planet,” Wakeman wrote in his 2007 memoir, “and the other half were asleep, bored shitless.”

Wakeman kept on at the keyboards, adding gossamer organ melodies and ambient passages to the songs, and then, around 30 minutes later, his tech started handing up “little foil trays” of curry, and Wakeman began placing them on top of his keyboards. “I still didn’t have a lot to do,” he wrote, “so I thought I might as well tuck in.” The food was obscured by the instrument stacks, further obscured by Wakeman’s cape, but the aroma danced over to Yes’s lead singer, Jon Anderson. He took a good look at the culinary insult. Shrug. Papadum in hand, he returned to his microphone to sing his next part.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Curry sounds great when performing for 10,000 people

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

oh man rofl

never have I ever considered eating chips and dip while drumming or singing but ol' Billy "Checked -Out" Corgan has given me a new music goal

edit: lol and that Yes anecdote, holy poo poo

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 6, 2022

naem
May 29, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

Imagine Billy taking a break while the drum solo is banging on and he's eating chips and dip but his mic is on the entire time and it's all "slurrrrp crunch cnrucnh mmmsssmsmmm crunch crunch slurp"

haha what do you think it smells like haha just for laughs

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

i put my hand upon my hip
corgan clip he dip the chip

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
First these guys want water bottles, then it’s a whole catered buffet. Like yeah hey guys I’ll play a chord or two in between bites of hamburger and ravioli and spitsing the chorus and let the front row catch some chomped up flavor bits. :v: Half eaten meatball sub on the snare drum. Oh hey Woops dropped a sausage down the acoustic guitar hole *shaking guitar overhead, squinting with one eye looking up into hole*. It’s just like, hey guys, your decadence is a loving gravy train gone off the rails, and the cogs of this machine have been deep fried a notch beyond greased.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Someone post that interview he did where he talks about how sad/obvious cash grab it is when old bands go on tour just to play their old hits and not new music lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

In the 90s he did an interview where someone asked who his guitar heroes are and he said gently caress ERIC CLAPTON and that made me think he was cool but it turns out he's a weirdo bigot piece of poo poo. Oh well.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

In the 90s he did an interview where someone asked who his guitar heroes are and he said gently caress ERIC CLAPTON and that made me think he was cool but it turns out he's a weirdo bigot piece of poo poo. Oh well.

Gen X are a land of contrasts, most of that contrast aligning with boomers in every possible way

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Clapton is a weirdo bigot piece of poo poo. Or did you mean Corgan?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smashing.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Has he always performed in nosferatu cosplay? I never saw them live so I had no idea he was into emulating Marilyn Mansons style. Didn’t seem like that kind of music.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Also I’d eat pizza during the drum solo.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Are they sour cream and onion or sour cream and cheddar? This is very important.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
whole lotta other rockstars mad as hell they didnt think of this first

punching the air on the way to the green room, whiff whiff whiff

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rinkles posted:

Clapton is a weirdo bigot piece of poo poo. Or did you mean Corgan?

Both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.
Literally the coolest thing Corgan has done in decades.