Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pour mangosteen or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lowtax was a poo poo stain of a person but he got us to pony up 10 bux, which is more than Elon Musk.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
remember remember the 9th of november

gunpowder, cookies and glock

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm going to have a cookie in his honor. But not a Goldbelly, because that's loving expensive.

Some of the stuff on there looks pretty good. But I can't bring myself to buy anything from them on general principle.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Anyone who still jokes about Lowtax’s suicide after reading the post from his ex-wife in the original thread about the effect it had on her and their children is an absolutely irredeemable piece of poo poo. That’s all. I’m done with this thread.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You should see the effect his suicide had on Lowtax!

:holymoley:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wizard Master posted:

Anyone who still jokes about Lowtax’s suicide after reading the post from his ex-wife in the original thread about the effect it had on her and their children is an absolutely irredeemable piece of poo poo. That’s all. I’m done with this thread.

What’d it say?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wizard Master posted:

Aw hell yeah dude you tell us

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Elephant Ambush posted:

remember remember the 9th of november

gunpowder, cookies and glock

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What’d it say?

Wizard Master

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
more like notax amirite lmao

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
gently caress, now i want cookies

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

maybe we should just go back to joking about the ~3000 dead on 9/11, out of respect

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Another chili cook off?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
These chemicals are making me thirsty.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
There's a convenience store a couple buildings over from where I am right now. What kind of cookies should I get? I'm thinking Nutter Butter or just Chips Ahoy or maybe the one of the christmas themed Peppridge Farm things?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Americas Test Kitchen but you need to jam the chunk in.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Rich Kyanka's Memorial Cookie Bake

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

satanic splash-back posted:

Please be sure to respect the serial abuser and suicide victim.

Yes that was exactly what I said.

Edit :I'm in no way defending his actions. I've suffered abuse myself.

Horrorosaurus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 6, 2022

naem
May 29, 2011

low tax had plenty of money, he wasn’t losing anything with the court case. He could have kept living independently just fine

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

naem posted:

he wasn’t losing anything with the court case. He could have kept living independently just fine
He lost the self-delusion that he wasn't at fault for anything he ever did and it was just the result of him trusting the wrong people/attracting crazies/etc

. Anything he accomplished afterwards would be tinged with "and I'd be able to keep more of it if it wasn't for (X)!"

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

had a gtr and i don't recall seeing any videos of him spinning sick donuts or anything so FAIL on his part

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

FilthyImp posted:

He lost the self-delusion that he wasn't at fault for anything he ever did and it was just the result of him trusting the wrong people/attracting crazies/etc

pretty sure it's this. it pierced his bubble and destroyed his self image

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Wizard Master posted:

wizard master

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Nae posted:

when he died i made super expensive chocolate chip cookies to honor his goldbelly obsession and i will probably do it again, mostly because i like inventing flimsy excuses to make (and eat) cookies

recipe or gtfo

EDIT FOR CONTENT

Lowtax was not a great person, but dude should've realized that his life was bigger than himself and he had responsibilities. I don't necessarily wish he were alive, but I'm not glad he's dead either.

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 6, 2022

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok we're back. Thanks for your patience

The only real rule for this thread besides standard ones is don't celebrate his death or say he deserved it because that could have an impact on those struggling with mental health issues and suicidal tendencies

there is no better way to memorialise the forums patriarch than by casting your gaze upon the lusty gonad of a beloved green ogre

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wizard Master posted:

I kinda agree with
W
I
Z
A
R
D M A S T E R

I don't think his death should be commemorated or really acknowledged with threads.
A friend shot himself in the head on Jan 3 this year and his loving funeral was some people turning it into a DJ show while a bunch of women in their mid-30's flipped the gently caress out about what he did, then DJs trying to organize a festival in the summer as the funeral he would have wanted :rolleyes: Didn't happen because a lot of people got really mad about self-promoting over a suicide, funny that.
Lowtax is dead, let him be. His legacy will never leave, especially for those of us that have been here forever, it's not worth doing the commemoration of a suicide thing, it's really not. We already had a wake thread, that was enough imo.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

it sucks that one of the gods of the goon pantheon turned out to be such a troubled person but we still have the goatse guy

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kecske posted:

there is no better way to memorialise the forums patriarch than by casting your gaze upon the lusty gonad of a beloved green ogre

It's what he would have wanted

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Wizard Master posted:

Joke's on you, I never read it.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Wizard Master posted:

oh gosh plz don't judge me wizard master

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He was funny and went through the trials. Good for him.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
God forbid his children ever see this place

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Vampire Panties posted:

recipe or gtfo

EDIT FOR CONTENT

Lowtax was not a great person, but dude should've realized that his life was bigger than himself and he had responsibilities. I don't necessarily wish he were alive, but I'm not glad he's dead either.

I believe I used Alton Brown's The Chewy with the most expensive possible ingredients I could find. Imported? Organic? Dubious claims about health benefits? Hell yeah I bought that poo poo, the whole point was spending the most money even if the cookies didn't turn out to be anything special. I think that encapsulates the goldbelly experience best.

Recipe: https://altonbrown.com/recipes/the-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie/

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i never knew the guy, never met. just based off of knowing he was in 3 relationships where they said he was abusive so honestly gonna believe it.

but im an entirely different person due to this site, i dont do social media just something awful and one podcaster. god bless this site and im so proud that so many people were willing to jump ship when his allegations came out.

edit: also a lot of ppl came out and donated to the kids

personally im cis but also feel glad that trans-doxxing and trans-issues are heard, even slowly. maybe there arent enough mod-to-user ratio but i feel like when there are issues other users at least hear about it. anyone is welcome to disagree this is my bystander opinion.

anyways gently caress lowtax but if it came to it id pour 2 out for this gay lovely site

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Does the title “Lowtax” follow simple agnatic primogeniture, or is it an elective title? We really need to iron out the line of succession—the regency cannot last forever.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I take it you never played a game with him.

MW!! with more mango,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...