Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
he killed himself because he was too stupid to understand the difference between civil and criminal court

remember when he kept saying "I've never been convicted of anything" or whatever? He killed himself because he thought he couldn't keep saying that but he totally could have, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hammerite posted:

pretty sure it's this. it pierced his bubble and destroyed his self image

I don't think it actually did. It pushed his victim complex past the "gently caress it" threshold.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
My strongest l-tax memory was watching him play bad games and hearing Schmorky's voice for the first time

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'll be starting a Kickstarter called "victims of lowtax fund",

Pls donate

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost
He actually said something more like "I was proven innocent" which is even dumber

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I gave him a 21 goatse salute, and I'll probably do that again

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Lowtax has been dead to me ever since he stopped writing for PlanetQuake.com

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I come to bury Lowtax, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the imternet I am thinking about?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the story of lowtax is a stark reminder of danger of dopamine depletion

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Bad Purchase posted:

the story of lowtax is a stark reminder of danger of dopamine depletion
I don't disagree that the dopamine was quickly depleted, but I'm not convinced that was the main issue.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

yep that is pretty funny

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bad math.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Slugworth posted:

I don't disagree that the dopamine was quickly depleted, but I'm not convinced that was the main issue.

the run up to his demise was chock full of fail vibe gaming garbage streams, mostly pixel junk (gamepass)

dopamine would've been flatlining bro, nothing doing

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
He went to see if heaven really was too loving crowded.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I’m hiring ghost hunters to walk through the doom house and see if his soul still haunts to this day.

Someone keeps recording rancid beer farts and cookie orders on their spectral radio but I’m pretty sure that’s interference from the Mrs. Fields drive-thru down the street.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrExTlkwkko

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

He went to see if heaven really was too loving crowded.

you think Lowtax went to heaven?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

all mods go to heaven

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

all mods go to heaven

sure, but lowtax wasn't a mod

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This gem needs calculator.

I says try again?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

didn't some lady launch a lowtax memorial NFT? has it gained in value?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

That DICK! posted:

didn't some lady launch a lowtax memorial NFT? has it gained in value?

I think that was a mentally-unwell person throwing a fit in the memorial thread, wasn't it? I mostly remember Screamy the fish, but do remember someone eating a lot of probes for being unhinged in that thread.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

ddiddles posted:

I'm gonna take a big poo in honor of his memory

Thanks for the idea but I was gonna do this anyway.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
Lowtax's legacy is.... complicated, to say the least. But, I think at least we can agree that Something Awful is one of the best things he ever did. I wasn't privy to all his later shenanigans until just a couple weeks ago; I didn't know he killed himself. Last time I paid attention to Lowtax was during the Uwe Boll situation.

Shame the dude's life played out the way it did. Guess that's all I have to say. Tragic, in the way a person parking their car on active railroad tracks is tragic.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

Lowtax's legacy is.... complicated, to say the least. But, I think at least we can agree that Something Awful is one of the best things he ever did. I wasn't privy to all his later shenanigans until just a couple weeks ago; I didn't know he killed himself. Last time I paid attention to Lowtax was during the Uwe Boll situation.

Shame the dude's life played out the way it did. Guess that's all I have to say. Tragic, in the way a person parking their car on active railroad tracks is tragic.

wait. Who the gently caress is Lowtax?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
i couldnt even figure out who you were talking about and im glad of it
vopoted 1

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Lowtax was living (now dead) proof of the tagline for his failed dead gay comedy website.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pontificating rear end posted:

i couldnt even figure out who you were talking about and im glad of it
vopoted 1

pretending to be stupid has made me actually stupid.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
posting a lowtax thread ityool 2023 smgdh

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

i must compose posted:

God forbid his children ever see this place

The posters on the SA forums actually have zero responsibility for the children of Lowtax. It's sad they lost their dad in such a brutal and selfish way but the guy led a legitimately hilarious trainwreck of a life and injected himself into the forums whenever it benefited him.

We needn't adopt some contrived sense of solemnity on the off chance one of his offspring decide to visit the forums.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
It wasn’t the internet that made me stupid.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

gonna celebrate by promising to upgrade to Xenforo but never actually doing it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bargearse posted:

It wasn’t the internet that made me stupid.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
He had CTE right? From getting punched by Uwe Boll? Towards the end there he was full on OJ Simpson.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Standing for lowtax in the memorial thread

Lmao lmao lmao

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
He was true to his word. Ten dollars is a very low tax.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Stex T posted:

He had CTE right? From getting punched by Uwe Boll? Towards the end there he was full on OJ Simpson.

what am I? A doctor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

FunkyAl posted:

He was true to his word. Ten dollars is a very low tax.

I mean if nothing else, he was a good salesman. Or whoever it was that wrote the old ad spiel for people to join the forums. Where they point out that when you compare the amount of entertainment a movie ticket buys you for its cost, even a good movie, vs the amount of entertainment even an account you barely use will buy you, it's kind of insane not to get one.

He was also funny too, at one time, before he got lazy and self-obsessed.

But making a cool website and being a funny person at one point do not make up for, you know, being an abusive piece of poo poo who was a toxic influence on basically every person that had the misfortune of becoming involved with him. It's a shame Lowtax chose to kill himself rather than try and better himself and be the father his children deserved, but it's not like anything of value was really lost.