Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

but it's not like anything of value was really lost.

A human life is valuable even when you don't like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

He was also funny too, at one time, before he got lazy and self-obsessed.

citation needed

i always thought he was an unfunny tryhard who would ban or proble people who made him look dumb in his own threads lol

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When I think of him, I’m sad for his kids and ex wives. I also feel sick that he used us to develop cover for some of the sick things he did. I don’t think anyone here could have realized or done anything about it, but the signs seem obvious in retrospect.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I mean if nothing else, he was a good salesman. Or whoever it was that wrote the old ad spiel for people to join the forums. Where they point out that when you compare the amount of entertainment a movie ticket buys you for its cost, even a good movie, vs the amount of entertainment even an account you barely use will buy you, it's kind of insane not to get one.

I paid $10 almost 20 years ago and I got a Bezos level of return on my investment in comedy, both unintentional and intentional

Rich really did personify the early internet ethos of just being a misanthropic rear end in a top hat but also being hilarious with it. It's too bad he couldn't adapt the times because he genuinely was quite a funny dude. I loved gaming garbage, cliff yablonski and the like, and his videos with Frags were hilarious. I still rewatch the Ron Paul ad and DEREK SMART'S DESKTOP COMMANDER from time to time

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Remember when one of the criminal rankings in GTA: Vice City was ‘SA GOON’?

That was pretty cool.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjh7zB-HcZ0

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

I’m glad he had noodle arms

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

FunkyAl posted:

A human life is valuable even when you don't like them.

No it isn't.
Turn to dust. Stop a bunghole. Etc.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
God bless to his children and exes. I hope they're ok and wish them the best.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

wait. Who the gently caress is Lowtax?

There will come a day when someone visiting or joining this site will ask that question legitimately. I wonder how long from now it will happen.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Very recently someone posted a longtime/first time thread and was like LOL LOWTAX WHAT A CAD! Having legit had no idea of his trajectory post late aughts.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i enjoyed that one article he posted about porting warcraft 3 to the atari 2600 but having to cut a bunch of stuff for his easter egg of the words something awful coming out of a giant throbbing penis

i did not enjoy him beating his wife or letting 2016 gbs get deleted, which is the internet version of beating your wife

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6c-RbGZBnBI

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Who's playing him in the Oscar-nominated biopic? Is it John C. Reilly?

naem
May 29, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I paid $10 almost 20 years ago and I got a Bezos level of return on my investment in comedy, both unintentional and intentional

Rich really did personify the early internet ethos of just being a misanthropic rear end in a top hat but also being hilarious with it. It's too bad he couldn't adapt the times because he genuinely was quite a funny dude. I loved gaming garbage, cliff yablonski and the like, and his videos with Frags were hilarious. I still rewatch the Ron Paul ad and DEREK SMART'S DESKTOP COMMANDER from time to time

the early internet really was a bunch of badly behaved children with too much time on their hands excitedly yelling DOODY POO BUTT FARTS in their moms basement and then going mad with power at the opportunity to express themselves on a keyboard

Rich and early SA didn’t invent that era, they rode a wave and mocked everyone for being terrible in a way that had never been done before. You can compare them to monty python who mocked early television as a medium in a way that had also never happened

I wish the early self awareness that created some great comedy and a fun community had also been applied to his personal life

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOAihf6cqtw

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hmm nevermind

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 7, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hahahaha i must have missed this at the time

loving farage lmao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:gas:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Farrrrrt

Where he buried, anyway?

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf-E2_vBMB8

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

mutantIke posted:

Who's playing him in the Oscar-nominated biopic? Is it John C. Reilly?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

He went to see if heaven really was too loving crowded.

zack parsons

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hope his tank still fit.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Hammerite posted:

zack parsons

gently caress

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Ray Romano?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
e: wrong thread somehow

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:eyepoop:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am smelling like a rose~

I Rode into my Moms care she lwt me play with the radio.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 8, 2022

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

lol

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Im gonna post like he lived op, a couple high points but mostly just poo poo

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

The 1st Annual Memorial of Richard Kyanka Losing His Court Case, Requiring Legal Acknowledgement of His Domestic Abuse and Codifying Financial Obligations to Both His Ex-Wife And Child: You'll Get That Money From My Cold, Dead Gay Forums

This works.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I think that was a mentally-unwell person throwing a fit in the memorial thread, wasn't it? I mostly remember Screamy the fish, but do remember someone eating a lot of probes for being unhinged in that thread.

https://www.hasscreamybeenburiedyet.com/

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

still miss screamy

rip to a real one

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
and taoc

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006