Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It was amazing they got me to eat red onions two different ways including raw and I don't like red onions or raw onions. I split a potato croquette with beef, boiled egg, and olives seasoned with aji pepper and some other spices, and it came with some pickled red onion that I tried on a whim (I don't like raw onion at all) and loved it all. Then for my entree I had a nicely spiced chicken stir-fry with rice, cooked red onion, tomatoes, and french fries for some reason. It worked. And they had a really nice spicy green sauce called huacatay and something that looked like yum-yum sauce but turned out to be a cheese sauce called Huancaina. I wouldn't have known it was a cheese sauce if I hadn't looked up a bunch of stuff after eating there to try and figure out what I had.

A++ experience will go again. What awesome food have you folks eaten recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i ate my own poo poo today op

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Junk posted:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Junk posted:

Me too, day after day, and the taste sure isn't getting any better.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It was amazing they got me to eat red onions two different ways including raw and I don't like red onions or raw onions. I split a potato croquette with beef, boiled egg, and olives seasoned with aji pepper and some other spices, and it came with some pickled red onion that I tried on a whim (I don't like raw onion at all) and loved it all. Then for my entree I had a nicely spiced chicken stir-fry with rice, cooked red onion, tomatoes, and french fries for some reason. It worked. And they had a really nice spicy green sauce called huacatay and something that looked like yum-yum sauce but turned out to be a cheese sauce called Huancaina. I wouldn't have known it was a cheese sauce if I hadn't looked up a bunch of stuff after eating there to try and figure out what I had.

no inka cola? smh

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

i just wanted to talk about nice food :saddowns:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Are my eye not made of blood?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Peruvian food is great. Well done OP.

Try lomo saltado next time, it’s my fav.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

What did you have to drink tho, a pisco sour?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
my girlfriend is a Peruvian immigrant who lived in Florida for a long time so she has not only introduced me to delicious Peruvian food but also Cuban food but usually Cuban hot dogs and sandwiches.

as the poster above me said lomo saltado is probably the best but tacu tacu is probably my favorite (although there are t on of different ways to make it). on top of that i find Cuban sandwiches to be a mixed bag but there is a good place but a well made Cubano with chips or fried plantains is sooo good mmm. i'm currently trying to get my gut right so the only food i'm eating is usually mediterranean and there is an awesome persian market by here so i've been picking up a lot of delicious handmade humus MMMMMMMM.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I had a really good jerk chicken with plantains a couple months ago when I was on vacation, I would fight someone to eat that again. There's an... Ethiopian? I think? place near me that I've been meaning to go to for EVER, I'm thinking sometime this month might be the way forward on that one

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
i think you might like onions op

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Peruvian food rules, I need to go to our local Peruvian place soon

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Peruv it.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
peruvian chickens amazing, those green and yellow sauces are a menace. there's a place just outside DC called Edy's that makes crazy good sandwiches, lines out the door (at least they were, haven't been since pandemic)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Peruvian food is pretty good, great choice OP (:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Does a pickled onion actually count as raw?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
All onions are beautiful

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Come with me if you want to live.

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet

Junk posted:

Eww. Blocked and reported and masturbated, you sicko.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
The best Peruvian food I had was in Missouri of all places.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Peruvian chicken on a stick is top quality.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I thought about this for a bit but ultimately decided yes as the onion has definitely not been cooked in any way but I am very open to the possibility that I was wrong and/or bad for calling it that. I don't want to offend anybody.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

How many guinea pigs did you eat?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

McGavin posted:

How many guinea pigs did you eat?

and what were their names?

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i think pickled is a separate thing, neither raw nor cooked

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I thought about this for a bit but ultimately decided yes as the onion has definitely not been cooked in any way but I am very open to the possibility that I was wrong and/or bad for calling it that. I don't want to offend anybody.

its processed, and processed is distinct from raw it just doesn't come up as often as cooked

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

No need to brag mate. We've all eaten a Marmalade Sandwich.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Peru fuk u

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

this you op?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It was amazing they got me to eat red onions two different ways including raw and I don't like red onions or raw onions.

Not surprising to me that my forums enemy has the palette of a child but congrats on not ordering chicken tendies

Please tell me you tried the cuy there as well

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
For any Central Florida peeps, Memories of Peru is "fire" as the kids say.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who don't like onions are typically, in my experience, mentally deficient in some form or another. I'm glad you used this experience to expand your horizons though, OP.

Still kinda weird how you were having Peruvian for the first time but you didn't try lomo saltado. That's their go-to dish and it rocks.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Food badly but not like this.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I think it falls into the category of "prepared" which is up to individual interpretation

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I only eat Japanese Peruvian cuisine, you know, for the health benefits

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

pollo con aroz (chicken and rice) is the best peruvian dish ever imho... we have a local couple that opened a restaurant and its amazing... tastes the same as when i visited peru but higher quality chicken.

it is much tastier than guinea pig.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Try peruvian chinese food if you can find it

Accubitus
Nov 7, 2020
Hell yeah dude I lived in Peru for a while and you are making me miss the food. Papas rellenas, causa, and ceviche are all-stars for me. Or a pollo a la brasa meal with chicha morada and a pisco sour? gently caress yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

No need to brag mate. We've all eaten a Marmalade Sandwich.

I chuckled.