Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Nooner posted:

I think it falls into the category of "prepared" which is up to individual interpretation

Does acid “cook” food? I am determined to goon-source the correct answer. I might google it next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
It does in the case of ceviche at least, in that situation the acid denatures the proteins in the same way that cooking would for the most part, I'd assume but am not 100% sure that the same thing happens with veggies.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Did you try skewered cuy (guinea pig)?

I read somewhere that cuy is historically the oldest known cultivated meat crop.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Try some seco de cordero next time, it's very good.