Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

psydude posted:

It's like he had a YouTube channel reviewing guns and then turned it into a campaign advertisement.

maybe a 14 viewer youtube channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/trumptracker_/status/1591830644522352642

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Again?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

dunno how often he uses the name, just posted for the meltdown

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

HYFR that's my new congressperson

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This election is totally cool, because the losing side started screaming stolen election before counting started, and they already have their conspiracy platform set up and going.

PA was stolen, because they took too long to count the votes.
NV was stolen with fake ballot shenanigans.
Etc.

America is cool.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

bulletsponge13 posted:

This election is totally cool, because the losing side started screaming stolen election before counting started, and they already have their conspiracy platform set up and going.

PA was stolen, because they took too long to count the votes.
NV was stolen with fake ballot shenanigans.
Etc.

America is cool.

They would have done it no matter the outcome. Either to protest the vote, or to get money after the fact.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Has there been a lot of "stolen election" BS for these midterms? I haven't seen much after the election, but I mostly get my news here.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Doesn't seem like it. Not enough with an ego the size of Trump's, and too scared to lead the charge themselves.

Or if they are it's not getting much press attention.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

There were a ton of gop candidates running on it as a platform and apparently most of them lost resounding lol

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm really hoping that trump runs as a third party and splits the gop.

I could see him also endorsing a ton of third party Senate and House candidates in 2024 and splitting those down-ballot races as well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm really hoping that trump runs as a third party and splits the gop.

Please yes I need Perot except an even bigger idiot shitfucker.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Xenoborg posted:

Has there been a lot of "stolen election" BS for these midterms? I haven't seen much after the election, but I mostly get my news here.

Totally anecdotal but every single right winger I see post on my local Reddit, nextdoor etc scare quote mail ballots and allege that the dems that won in our local races are illegitimate.

The only thing really notable there is it is 100% absolute there is not a single right wing poster who is not doing this.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It's a common song being sung by the Qultists

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Voting to impeach was just about the only good thing I ever saw JHB do, I'm so fuckin glad that batshit crazy Kent lost. Phew.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/brent_peabody/status/1591825546031558657?s=46&t=qaRnG4HWXZc3t65pwlG3Kg

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
My impression tuis far is that the rationale regarding the loss is that "poo poo candidates" ran on "only icing" (the culture war bullshit, transing kids, critical race theory, etc.) but no "cake" (...??? Regular racist conservative politics?), and that Trump is at fault for "not vetting" his endorsements.

This is all courtesy of a Ben Shapiro rant, but if Ben loving Shapiro has turned on Trump, i feel like that's even more of a trend indicator than FOX news dumping him.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
They got destroyed by Gen Z which is even scarier for them. Reality is starting to bleed through but who knows if it sticks.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This is all courtesy of a Ben Shapiro rant,

Why are you listening to that

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Seriously, even people in replies to the Tweet are getting tired of Donnie's oldest party trick, which is "Dad jokey pejorative nicknames which cast shame on the name of Dad jokes".

:toxx: I'll donate $100 to the campaign of the first politician, regardless of party, to snap and punch Donald Trump in the face and/or throat.

e- https://twitter.com/TrumpTracker_/status/1591081173706764288

Also, :lol: how Donnie is throwing his hands up and spnning the Wheel of Spite to pick the politician to pin this on because it's never MY fault! I'm a Stable Genius!

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 13, 2022

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My impression tuis far is that the rationale regarding the loss is that "poo poo candidates" ran on "only icing" (the culture war bullshit, transing kids, critical race theory, etc.) but no "cake" (...??? Regular racist conservative politics?), and that Trump is at fault for "not vetting" his endorsements.

This is all courtesy of a Ben Shapiro rant, but if Ben loving Shapiro has turned on Trump, i feel like that's even more of a trend indicator than FOX news dumping him.

My hot take is Republicans went mask off fascism after the initial Dobbs repeal and people finally believed them. Plenty of Republicans went full in on crime, the border, (the old dog whistle racism issues) and the economy, and still lost. I think enough young people and people of color realize that Republicans at their best, will do nothing to help anyone, and at worst point will turn to some Christian Nationalism hellscape. Hopefully Gen Z stays engaged because only 1/2 of them are of voting age, and if they stay progressive, we might see some good things happen.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

lightpole posted:

They got destroyed by Gen Z which is even scarier for them. Reality is starting to bleed through but who knows if it sticks.

I think it's a combination of old people dying off and millennials and gen z becoming a bigger part of the electorate.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Soul Dentist posted:

Why are you listening to that

To learn what the FSB thinks?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

lightpole posted:

And they continue to double down on abortion, student loan relief, and Biden starting the process to reschedule (and one day god willing, legalize) weed.

Like there is a way out of this for them, but lol, they sure as gently caress aren't showing any signs of taking it.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lol, let's just double down on opposing policies that enjoy the support of like 2/3 of American Voters, there's no way that can backfire.

You can only gerrymander so far yah fucks.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

How did voter turnout end up? Any breakdown by age groups?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

That Works posted:

most of the breakdowns are happening in older voters, i imagine

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Does the slim majority the GOP may take in the House affect their ability to put on some weak sauce attempt at a committee to investigate Hunter Biden or whatever they wanted to do because the Dems did the January 6th committee?

I'm guessing a majority that may only be 2 or 3 people isn't going to let them run rough shod like they would've liked after the red wave.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

Still too early, check back in a few weeks once California is done. The turnout was drastically different by state, with high turnout in Michigan, rock-bottom turnout in New York, and tons of weird stuff in-between. All basically consistent with an R+2 national environment, but this time with the Republican votes in the wrong place, when that usually happens to the Democrats.

Edit: basically, voters turned out when there were stakes. Democrats didn't turn out in blue places (OR/NY) because they already had legal abortion and such. But they turned out for red/purple districts.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Does the slim majority the GOP may take in the House affect their ability to put on some weak sauce attempt at a committee to investigate Hunter Biden or whatever they wanted to do because the Dems did the January 6th committee?

I'm guessing a majority that may only be 2 or 3 people isn't going to let them run rough shod like they would've liked after the red wave.

They'll get to do what they want with committees, subpoenas, assignments, etc. The really dumb stuff like impeachments will probably instead be rando congressmen calling it the Biden Crime Family and that's about it, because 5-10 Republicans in the background would be going "wtf is this dumb poo poo this will lose us everything in 2024". Who knows about legislation though, need to know if a Republican Speaker will be willing to pass poo poo with democratic votes and risk getting deposed by MTG et al.

Expect two years of judicial nominations and be thrilled if Congress can somehow keep the government running and not defaulting on the debt ceiling.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 14, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He has almost said the thing in AZ-GOV:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1591967710782668800

Reminder: Ducey (R) won 56%-42% in 2018, his approval rating is currently around 50%, and he passed on running for Senate because of all the wingnuttery - and he's pretty hard right!

Update:

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1591966344467353601

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1591985561296068608

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 14, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

Expect two years of judicial nominations and be thrilled if Congress can somehow keep the government running and not defaulting on the debt ceiling.

Minting the trillion-dollar coin is something that Dark Brandon ought to do.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Mint the trillion dollar coin Brandon, it needs to exist so I can steel it and go down in history as the world's first trillionaire for 60 seconds before I get smoked.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
One thing I forgot about the NV-SEN win - the state Democratic Party got overthrown by borderline-horseshoe DSA types that don't know much about winning elections locally. And so, in a both informative tweet, plus dog:

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1592204521165365248

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Is there any chance that bobbert loses?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ehhhh......

We'll know by the weekend. The counties with the most votes still out have to turn them into the state friday.

Colorado Springs NPR station had election folks on the radio friday, basically saying all counting in Pueblo is done, the biggest city in the district, and Frisch's best chance. But they said don't expect final results until this coming thursday at the earliest.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ehhhh......

We'll know by the weekend. The counties with the most votes still out have to turn them into the state friday.

Colorado Springs NPR station had election folks on the radio friday, basically saying all counting in Pueblo is done, the biggest city in the district, and Frisch's best chance. But they said don't expect final results until this coming thursday at the earliest.

My ideal result is that the election is decided by <5 votes either way so I have a nice example to throw at "one vote doesn't matter" types.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My ideal result is that the election is decided by <5 votes either way so I have a nice example to throw at "one vote doesn't matter" types.

I get where you're coming from, but...

In this race it kinda doesn't matter. One is a loud mouth dipshit that will vote with the gop, the other is a quiet dino that will vote with the gop. The only real difference if Frisch wins will be the noise about the idiot representing my district. Voting will almost assuredly be the same. Frisch was an Aspen city council member and ran on being a "conservative businessman" so we won't really see a change in how the seat votes, and then have to primary the DINO out later if he does win.

I live in the district. No one here will benefit from either of them winning. Two sides of the same coin. But I voted for Frisch anyhow because he's not Bortbort. Whole thing loving sucks.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

facialimpediment posted:

One thing I forgot about the NV-SEN win - the state Democratic Party got overthrown by borderline-horseshoe DSA types that don't know much about winning elections locally. And so, in a both informative tweet, plus dog:

Is this the same state Democratic Party that, upon said DSA types winning, immediately hosed over the entire party apparatus by nuking its funds?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/1592326686431121413

lol forever at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zamujasa posted:

Is this the same state Democratic Party that, upon said DSA types winning, immediately hosed over the entire party apparatus by nuking its funds?

Mhm. It's fun over there!

Meanwhile, looks like Arizona's going to have a Democratic governor.

https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/1592332054121021440

Hobbs took an awful lot of poo poo for not debating Lake, but it turns out she knew better than everyone else. Added to the "Lake is loving nuts, just listen to her at any point, I'm not going to platform that" narrative.

Handsome Ralph posted:

lol forever at this.

Just saw this - apparently the GOP "moderates" are trying to get the Freedom Caucusers to hold their nose and vote McCarthy in. Dude's waited his whole life to be speaker of an R+30 Congress and he's going to probably get an R+3-5 Congress. Grats, you empty-suited gently caress.