Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I failed to get our ballots marked and dropped off/mailed for early voting so I have to haul my rear end out to do it tomorrow. Oh boy.

Hoping that the R candidates in Nevada eat poo poo but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Arc Light posted:

Might be an element of The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Dem fundraising emails have been telling me democracy is at risk and this is the most important election of my life since my first vote at age 18. I'm 34 now, and I've voted in every election since 2006.

The hell of it is, these past few years, they're not wrong and every recent congressional cycle and presidential election really is the borderline between a government notionally of the people and a government that's just openly in the pocket of whoever bought the most reps.

But even if the last couple of years have, indeed, risen to the level described by the hyperbolic fundraising messages of the last fifteen years, I suspect the average voter can only hear that message so many times before beginning to tune it out.

I feel like even looking at that poo poo is something the average person doesn't do any more. Here in Henderson NV our mailbox has literally been overflowing with political garbage, to the degree that the communal mail recycle bin is also overflowing with political garbage. The local subreddit has several posts of people also decrying how much garbage there is.

And that's before I look at my phone, which has been buzzing about once a half hour with even more bullshit.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Mr. Nice! posted:

the democratic party is running a republican against DeSantis and a cop against Marco Rubio

i don't understand how people can look at this poo poo and not just start laughing, joker style

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
"i just don't understand why people don't want to vote for us"

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
time for my favorite part of nevada voting, ☑️ None of These Candidates

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
where's the place to follow this poo poo live and give myself double hypertension? bonus points if it's nevada-focused, since we have two very big races with two very awful republicans running

hahahahahahahahahahahaha. hahahahahaahhhaahhhdfsahhhhhhsdfshfhfhaf

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

lightpole posted:

voters are trash

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1590216896326295552

womp womp

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1590369758821593088

I want out of this state for a few reasons, but gently caress waiting to see if Nevada ends up going full Trumper chud or if the blue candidates manage to hold on.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Wasabi the J posted:

I just had to cure my mail in ballot lmao I almost poo poo my pants.

How did you find out? I dropped mine off on election day and the record still isn't showing up in the voting record search.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
If they do all of that crap then I suppose I can relax; I just keep getting junk spam 702 calls, more often than usual lately.

No texts, though. At least that finally stopped.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Yeah the NV/Clark County curing thing is about signature validation on the mail-in/drop offs.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1591270834521284609

e: god damnit ralston. tweet said ccm pulled ahead in nv-sen, now it's gone :nsamad:

Zamujasa fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 12, 2022

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

donald does it again :chaostrump:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

That Works posted:

How did voter turnout end up? Any breakdown by age groups?

most of the breakdowns are happening in older voters, i imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

facialimpediment posted:

One thing I forgot about the NV-SEN win - the state Democratic Party got overthrown by borderline-horseshoe DSA types that don't know much about winning elections locally. And so, in a both informative tweet, plus dog:

Is this the same state Democratic Party that, upon said DSA types winning, immediately hosed over the entire party apparatus by nuking its funds?