Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So at what time do Americans either declare Democracy has died, or fallen into another attempted insurrection, depending on how many seats fall R or D tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is there a good breakdown of how the various elections ended? A quick Google search just turned up general results (how many seats each party currently won/lost) but I'm not seeing much for specific races. Mostly I want to point and laugh at Dr Oz some more.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Space Opera posted:

Georgia is neck and neck right now, and I think if neither breaks 50% then we have to do a runoff in 2 months?

That Walker is doing as well as he is considering... well... literally everything about him, is a damning indictment of Georgia.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is this a good or bad thing?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yeah the fact that he said made in Germany twice kind of gave me white supremacist vibes, but maybe I'm overthinking it.

He also refers to it as the 007 gun a few times close together, I wonder if he was planning on editing out some and got lazy/forgot, or if he has a fetish for British spies and Germans. I could believe either, to be honest.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Still baffled Oz was bothering to run for senate, he already has far more money than he’ll ever need and a massive audience for whatever he wants to sell. Would think that while he’s in his 60s and still healthy would want to travel or relax, not get stuck in DC for half the year and have to fundraise and campaign again in six years.

I THINK Dr. Oz was trying to maneuver himself into being a running mate for Trump/lining up for a 2028 presidential run.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pine Cone Jones posted:

How much of a majority are we talking about?

Thin enough that I don't think any can go on vacation or leave of absences for fear of the Dems pulling chicanery.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ASAPI posted:

I was under the assumption that we verified cognitive activity in some way before allowing people to run. I now assume that that benchmark is, "can the candidate remember to breathe without too much mental strain."

Hell, I'm pretty sure the qualifications at this point are "Does the person have something vaugly resembling a pulse?" And that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

He flip-flopped rather than taking the obvious answer: You become a werewolf vampire, duh.