Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Tiler Kiwi posted:

this post claimed by Big Rat

Big! Rat! Big! Rat! Big! Rat! Big! Rat! Big! Rat!

Great work! :D Feel free to drop me a PM if you need any new images or tweaking any of the existing ones.

You got the 100px portraits for Kruber and 75px ones for everyone else :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

GoldStandardConure posted:

Hah! This is nothing! You should have seen me in Hoggers Thread!

Dozens I posted, DOZENS.

Hoggers Thread? There was an unusual high level of shitposting in Hoggers Thread!

Gold? GOOOLD!?

DeathSandwich posted:

Edit - with regards to why I'm still hyped about the game despite the Fatshark Jank - for anyone who hasn't played the old games, the moment to moment action is still some of the best in the genre.

https://youtu.be/9BWBeLsEOCs

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/518372933454790666/1031415591547969587/bonk_Trim.mp4

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 9, 2022

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
New map is fantastic for playing Splatoon with rat blood on the snow :black101:

There was some... jankiness in some areas where you had to drop down a series of rafters that feel like they have some hosed up ground collision, I distinctly remember going down one, sliding/falling 2 stories and just giving a heads up to a friend I was playing with to watch his footing.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sab Sabbington posted:

Or how Saltzpyre and Sienna--or Kerillian and literally everyone else--go from reluctant allies with unambiguous disgust to comrades to genuine friends who care about each other.

Everyone telling Bardin to shut up when he tried singing to eventually getting the earworm and joining in (with Kerillian getting grumpy at herself at having done it and Saltzpyre not quite singing but tone-deafingly humming along) is an amazing payoff.

I'm gonna miss the U5 so much :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

DeathSandwich posted:

For whatever reason my phone doesn't play nice trying to open this link. Got a imgur repost?

Try this: https://imgur.com/0jzLYpK
Edited my original post too so it's an imgur link now.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The Warp translation was horrifying. :suspense:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Rejects strong together. Reject not fight Reject.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I think (some) the specials will need to be toned down; we almost lost a run last night because 2 trappers spawned on top of us at the train station and got 3 people before we could even react. At least the hookrats in VT were 'single use', a single trapper can just keep throwing out nets if you don't get them on time.

Mutants are also loving nasty, one of them loving Tokyo Drifted around a column and almost threw me off a ledge. I've been playing Ogryn and I feel I just can't kill them fast enough; a pox explosion threw me over a railing at the fabricator and I ended up 2 floors below my team with a mutant, motherfucker charged me like 4-5 times before I could kill it. :<

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Fishstick posted:

Trappers, if you can see em, are pretty easy to dodge their netting from - a lot easier than assassins in V2

This is my main problem, I can never hear them/spot them until I get netted. Flamers and Bombers have super distinct noises you can pick out really easily over a horde, trappers and mutants? Dead silent until they charge/net you. :argh: (I know they have sounds, I just can't make them out mid-combat 99% of the time)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Cowcaster posted:

i remember there was an elf weapon in vermintide 2 (probably the spear) whose entire light and heavy moveset was all single-target thrusts which seemed like a huge liability on its face but its push attack was a massive sweep that you could essentially use alone to lock down hordes, always remember to try out your push attacks

Spear. Absolutely fantastic.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
My only issue with the Ogryn shield so far is when I need to 1v1 specials; ragers in particular take loving forever to kill with the bonk and shield, and since swings don't stagger or interrupt them it ends up turning into "block 8 hits, swing once, repeat eleven billion times times" (even using the push attack which is a headshot cleave) type of deal and it sucks massive rear end. Mutants too feel like they take forever to die from just bonking them. :<

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Yeah, noticed the knocking around last night but I kinda forgot about the bleed stacks so I just started trying to mash vertical bonk between his chains. I've been mostly playing it like I did Warrior Priest: just chain stagger everything with heavy sweeps and let my teammates do the actual killing, but I revert to light attacks when I'm not fighting mobs; I need to start abusing bleed a bit more for specials.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Fishstick posted:

A hawaiian shirt for the ogryn please

:hmmyes:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z5h8zv/fatshark_please_fix_this/

Well, glad to know I haven't been hallucinating these. I guess I can see why the game does it, but it does feel a bit much at the moment and I'm really hoping it's a bug. VT had a lot of "turn around and get stabbed in the rear end" moments, but nothing as ridiculous as this, especially without any obvious spawn points close by.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
If you have an Nvidia card, just use Shadowplay, works great (source: I made like 3 LPs with it :v: )

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Cowcaster posted:

brain burst not scaling with difficulty wouldn't matter as much if any of the staves beyond the chain lightning one could do any damage at all to carapace armor but i guess fatshark figured "well if they want to do damage to carapace armor they have brain burst"

edit: also first try
https://i.imgur.com/Z627OQW.mp4

Got mine the similar Zealot one (Buying Time) the exact same way; just lobbed a grenade to the other side of the long bridge defence and beaned a sniper in the face.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 3, 2022

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
What are y'all doing with your extra weapons? Just selling them? Is it even worth it keeping them around until crafting is fully implemented?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Did we get any Zealot talent breakdowns in the last few pages that I missed? How are bleed builds looking, talent-wise?

I've been playing Laspistol/Knife for the last couple hours and god drat, I think I loving love this playstyle. I'm sliding everywhere slicing peoples' achilles tendons while taking no loving damage and doing sick flourishes with my knife after I swap to ranged while sprinting to my next pack of victims feels super smooth.

And this was without Lacerate on my knife (which I just got from the shop after hitting 30 :getin:)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Feels appropriate to drop this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWChMr17Le8

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I guess this'll do for Zealot until I find a better Lacerate knife.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

big cummers ONLY posted:

This is the only reason you need. Optimality is a trap

:hmmyes:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Box

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

This'll do for a bit.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Weapons are up; just got an Ogryn club.

It's a worse thunder hammer :negative:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So what should I be looking for on Ogryn/Zealot curios perks?

I have +health on blessings for ogryn, a +wound on zealot, but I haven't been really upgrading/rerolling perks because I've no idea what to slap in there

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jumped into a Malice run with a friend last night, not a minute into the mission I drop off a bridge right behind a bulwark and a crusher; crusher immediately turns around and kicks me and a bot off the bridge, friend drops down with the other bot, dog jumps the bot and the AoE pushback punts my friend off the bridge too.

All of this took place within like 5 seconds lmao. Couldn't do anything except laugh, loading into the mission and back to the mourningstar was longer than the time we spent playing.

/edit: My main problem with Dog Mode is that it seems the dogs are just... already in the level? Instead of spawning in, so you don't get the 'dog in the field' sound cue; you're just fighting a mob and suddenly you get a dog jumping your face with no previous warning.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

God dammit my brain pronounced this.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh? Interesting bit of code diving I found:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/zpl8ed/psa_weapon_store_rerolls_are_coming_probably_with/

Reddit Post posted:

PSA: Weapon store re-rolls are coming (probably, with evidence)

I'm snooping around the weapon store API and I see the following in the configuration schema for the store:

"temporaryGoodsConfig": {
"rotation": "day_1/24",
"slots": 16,
"rerolls": {
"cost": {
"amount": 1000,
"type": "credits"
},
"costScalingFactor": 2,
"refundFraction": 1,
"rollLimit": 3
}
}
So you can re-roll 3 times at what looks to be a cost of 1 000 for the first, 2 000 for the second, and 4 000 for the third.

There's also this property on the current store in-game right now

"rerollsThisRotation": 0
I don't know when these were added (either they always existed or were planned/added in response to player feedback) but it looks like re-rolling may be coming to the weapon store.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Evil Kit posted:

I'm surprised to see this reaction constantly as I never thought there'd be an Ogryn weapon that feels as good as the Bull Cleaver until the Power Maul came out.
Lmao, I'm exactly the opposite. I keep seeing people swearing by the Maul and I just loving hate it. Bull Cleaver for life. :shobon:

Evil Kit posted:

I've been trying out the bleed feats paired with it and the extra damage helps finish thing off while they're stunned... Or so I thought, tested Ogryn's bleed feats in the psykanium and uh wow. 2 damage ticks on basic melee dudes, for about 10 damage with one stack? I'd rather just heavy attack again, goddamn.
Yeah, the bleed feats are super underwhelming. I tried running them with the Shield at launch and... eh. You'd thing that you're applying bleed to a whole bunch of enemies at a time so you're still getting a lot of damage but the bleed damage itself is low enough that it doesn't make a difference when bullying a horde, and even less for bigger targets. The damage reduction per bleeding enemy sounds great on paper but chaff dies so fast that you almost never have it up on over 2-3 stacks and even then it's not for long.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Ok, ok, I'm coming around on the Maul. It's not gonna replace my Bull Cleaver as my main weapon, but I clicked enough with it after a couple of runs that I'll probably swap to it every now and then when I want to mix things up.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
someone on discord linked to this thread on the discord discussing some of the 'keywords' for weapon stats/blessings, thought I'd format it:

Devs posted:

Power %: Power scales the base of any attack, it is then used to determine amount of Damage (straight up hitpoints), amount of Impact (to stagger enemies) and Cleave.

Rending: Your attack will disregard Flak or Carapace armor mod and use base damage instead for the rending portion. So at 50% rending, half the damage will calculate based on original armor type.

Brittleness: Rending but for all future attacks vs that enemy - basically provide rending for friends.

Chain: Attacks have timed chain-windows so basically if you continously keep attacking, chaining from one attack to another, you count as chaining. Chains start on the second attack in a row so any gains should be applied after that.

Impact: The stagger-potential of the attack. Each attack has an Impact number, it is checked vs the stagger thresholds of the target and then picks a type of stagger (light-medium-heavy) and scales duration/distance based on how far you exceed the threshold. More Impact equals more/longer control.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Broken Cog posted:

Got a legendary dagger from an emperors gift on my zealot, with lacerate and +40% damage to weakspots on bleeding targets, and drat if it hasn't become my favourite weapon, screw the eviscerator and thunder hammer.

Hell on my index finger though.

I have one with 3 stacks of bleed on crit, 40% damage to weakspot on bleeding targets, and +5% melee crit chance. I'm running it with the laspistol and it's the most fun build I have in the game, even if it's quite a bit of work. Stab stab stabstabstabstabstabstabstabstab

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Baby T. Love posted:

Yes, it's good. I even have mine set up to change the text color of items over 360 Base Item Rating:

How'd you change the colours?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

!Klams posted:

Er...

Is there a non zero chance that this suggests anything beyond the cosmetic? I mean, yeah, them acknowledging genestealer cults with a cosmetic is kinda cool, but, that's it right? There's no way they're adding them as enemies, is there?

It's not player cosmetics, it's for NPCs:

"archetypes": [
"npc"
]

So yeah, looks like enemies.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kith posted:

"four inquisitorial assholes managed to kill a genestealer through overwhelming firepower"

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/open-letter-to-our-players/73874

:fatshark:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mendrian posted:

there's a lot of ineffective ways to get high kill numbers.

4 to be precise, but one is a DLC career. It's an elf joke

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Curios got the 'Toughness Regen Speed' bumped by 50%, this is the Tier 4 now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007