Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Hah! This is nothing! You should have seen me in Hoggers Thread!

Dozens I posted, DOZENS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I hit a rager on the head with a charged up thunderhammer, and the shockwave managed to blow me out of the level killing me instantly.

It was equal parts loving hilarious and frustrating.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Vagabong posted:

They do already have some clothing variation on the horde enemies in various areas: on the water cult maps some of them wear purple, on throneside maps the poxwalkers wear fancy gowns, ect. but it's quite missable.

I think a major reason for a lot of the maps blending together is that lack of unique dialogue for them; Gruber freaking out about sacked towns or Bardin bemoaning desecrated holds really helped each map stand out. It really feels like they over stretched themselves having three unique personalities for each class (in some cases even more because the different line reads between body types means that the same 'voice' can com across astwoa different characters.) Sometimes the conversations are convincing but a lot of them don't quite string together smoothly.

Ussingen's famous for its cheese. Or was, anyway. Had a beautiful red colour.

:smith:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Zephro posted:

WHFB is less relentlessly grimdark / has more comic relief than 40k, which I think helped the VT dialogue be more charming than DT's. My chief impression of the DT dialogue is it's mostly screaming and shouting. Nothing wrong with a bit of that but it's very one-note. That's a setting thing, though, so maybe the devs had their hands tied a bit by GW.

WHFB definitely had more humour in it, especially in i think it was 4th Edition? Where the rule books and Battle Book that had wee scribbles of dragons and squigs etc in the margins of the pages.

Vermintide had some good humour that didn't feel out of place, but the mood it nailed perfectly was melancholy. Even the victories and funnt banter still had that hint of tragedy to them which makes sense for The End Times.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Kith posted:

DT's had some pretty good humor bits, but they almost always involve the ogryn. All of the ogryn personalities are just happy to be here.

EM'PRAH SAY IGNRANCE IS STRENGTH

AND I
AM
VERY
STRONG!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

edgar_ posted:

I miss Kerillian calling everyone mayflies though

Kerillian asking Bardin for advice on whether or not she made a mistake becoming a Sister of Thorns is great. Bardin knows little about elves, but is an expert on making mistakes.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not really any moreso than Ogryns. Servitors have a wide range of depictions both on tabletop and in related media. The three voices could be a malfunctioning sevitor that has some awarness, a standard servitor with a vox voice or a propaganda unit that constantly blares out hymns or whatever.

if we get a malfunctioning servitor, it should sound like The Master from Fallout, and rapidly shift between difference voices but also mood and tone mid-sentence

"Praise the Emperor! EMPEROR! Emperor!"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

drrockso20 posted:

So like the one Grendyl speaks through in the "I Am A Warrior" cutscene then?

Yes, but much more unhinged.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Aryoc posted:

On Ogryn stubbers, the Gorgonum has the highest damage per shot but slowest rate-of-fire, it's also the most accurate at long range. Achlys fires fastest but gets pretty inaccurate so it's more of a close range gun, and the Krourk is in-between the two. All of them are viable, Gorgonum might be the most popular due to the higher damage but I've seen people be very effective with an Achlys as well, particularly in melting bosses.

I recently got the Ogryn to 30, not really that fond of the Ogryns playstyle (throwing rocks at things though will never not be comedy gold), but running with the Gorgonum and opening up when there is a huge horde event feels like the Tiger tank delousing scene at the end of Saving Private Ryan, it mulches everything in sight. Definitely my favourite of the Ogryn guns and the one I felt the most effective with.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Owl Inspector posted:

On paper having 5 characters in a 4 player game looked absurd, but in practice it worked great since you were never stuck with a single option and they included some overlapping weapons between characters so you could basically always play something you enjoyed. The system is only a problem for “elf mains” and bothering them is good

as en elf main, the only reason why i get mad when other people are elves is they are usually loving stupid biscuit heads who abandon the party

meanwhile i am just a regular biscuit head who does not abandon the party but also is just kind of ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Crackerjack posted:

Anyway, this is my operative Grip. I like him a lot. Say something nice about him

you come here often, big man?