Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Always Be Spotting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Serpentis posted:

Well, 2 years later and we finally know what happened to those 4 vets from the announcement trailer I guess.

And I suppose Spawn coming back as a boss monster makes sense. :omnom:

This is what happens when you run a team with 4 ranged specs, smdh

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Do you no longer get cash when you discard an unwanted weapon?

EDIT: NVM, didn't see the pop-up. Yes you do

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Orv posted:

Holy poo poo if you get a Braced/Torrent type autogun in your shop give it a go, at least as Vet.

I'll keep an eye out, thank you. I hope autoguns can get proper sights and better recoil as you level up.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Digging this CQC Veteran thing I got going on by using the revolver. Has very good knockdown value if it doesn't kill poo poo outright, and a panic Volley Fire whips it out immediately so you can drop dudes in your face very quickly.

I should look out for the carbine-looking blue autoguns/lasguns though, apparently they're the ones I remember liking from the previous beta.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I still really hate the poxbursters/boomers. Once they get close enough there's quite literally nothing you can do to avoid the damage, it feels like.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
BTW I tried it out in the training area and yeah, really, really do not loving shoot Maulers in the head. The head is carapace armor, their body and legs are flak armor. Bodyshots all day and use your abilities if you can because they really are chunky boys

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yooooooo the braced autogun is so good it retroactively makes me hate the standard autoguns even more. Now this is a proper fuckin' bullethose

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Also I feel like the grenades are much more potent now, and yeah this really incentivizes using them to gently caress up entrenched shooters.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I just got a purple combat axe drop with the Brutal Momentum trait, which says that on a Weak Spot Kill, you ignore enemy hit mass. Someone here was asking what that could mean, and I'm here to say it means "infinite cleave." Hope you got it on a weapon that can swing sideways because if you do, mwah. And yeah, I've made it work on a combat axe despite it only having one wide sweep attack; just gotta block-cancel and learn the combo.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

JBP posted:

How do you make a grenade blow up before it hits the ground lol

I know what you're trying to do and I wish you luck. That said, I managed to get mine by just quick-throwing the frag up high at an incoming horde. Don't hold the button where you can see the arc, just throw up high (you shouldn't be able to see the target) and hope for the best.

The level where there's a bridge you cross and then hold out for an elevator is a good place to go for it. Multiple hordes will rush you so you have more chances to get the cheevo.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Qmass posted:

speaking of veteran penances

"marked for death" - when it says to hit 4 enemies weak spots with a secondary action without missing "a shot"

its confusing me because I thought secondary was the thumb button on weapons ? which is always a punch of slap or bayonet etc or is it something else ? I seem to have done it 3/4 times already but im not sure which gun I was using to do that

Yeah, check the keybinds screen, the right-click button is called "secondary action" because not all weapons, guns included, aim with the right mouse.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

I take no pleasure in reporting that Zealot is the new Elf. I'm sorry.

Also, I don't know how I feel about the Zealot having the low HP buffs that VT2 Zealot has. In this game, you can't see the THP generation so you don't easily know that's the build they're going for and aren't just some idiot running past healing. And then add things like they have to avoid dropped AoE healing. I dunno, it just doesn't seem like that great of game design.

You know, separately from the fact that it seems like everyone who just WWWWWs ahead is a Zealot right now.

Had a pubbie proudly declare "i get buffs on low health" right before a heretic captain boss fight, they went down during the second shield break and didn't get recovered until the final bit of health.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah I'm noticing a trend where like, even grey versions of "technologically superior" weapons are just plain better than their more primitive counterparts. I mean like, the shovel you start with as Veteran is workable but a sword will beat it outright, which then gets beaten by a chainsword due to the special attack chewing through carapace armor, which is then beaten by a power sword since the special attack cleaves through both mobs and armored enemies much more quickly.

Logically this makes sense but I'm now wondering about the balance, since I paid a pretty penny for this blue shovel with a good trait that just couldn't measure up to a grey power sword with a much lower power level. I suppose VT2 didn't have to worry about the Lore Implications but still...

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I think it's why the power sword is so good: light swings will let you dance with mobs, but powering up for a heavy is a guaranteed sweep clear on even flak-armored mobs. Well worth the fuss of activating special and charging up a heavy.

The chainsword getting stuck on a revved heavy kinda fucks with it, it should instead be sweeping through chaff zombies too.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Kaddish posted:

Chainsword started popping up for my Psyker but I'm hesitant to try it out.

It's great, good for anything. That said, a steam guide says you unlock the eviscerator on the next level and apparently it's zealot's BiS, so if money's tight you could probably bank some for it.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
you ogryns thinking "my job is to die" need to practice self-care smdh :(

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

field balm posted:

I actually had a really fun 4 vet game yesterday on that level where you're waiting for the elevator and the enemies approach over the bridge. We'd line up in 2 rows, the 2 guys in front would crouch and we'd all just go nuts with our lasguns lol.

Hell yeah you were on that badass Mordian Iron Guard poo poo

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
More detailed notes: https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/1-0-7-update-expanded-patch-notes-balance-tweaks/58673

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

whoa whoa whoa, hold up-

Ogryn: Grenade cluster bomb talent now triggers on Resistant and Armored too

I tested this in the Psykanarium and this means any enemy with flak armor and any Ogryn. Don't have level 30 yet so can't test bosses but now this talent is really good?

A lot better now, especially since you also get two grenade boxes as Ogryn too. If the spilled frags also caused bleed then I'd even accept them returning it back to 1 grenade box max.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh yeah, I was just spitballing since they were buffing bleed a lot in this update. A one-shot "motherFUCK YOU" grenade for the Ogryn that hits like a train, shits grenades everywhere, and then hits everything with heavy DoT would be so fun

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Same in darktide, according to that trailer.

Oh gently caress yeah.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
What's the good axe with the cleave again?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
This isn't Vermintide, ammo is legit plentiful unless you're all running basic autoguns/shotties/whatever ammo inefficient poo poo. Especially if you're running lasguns, which do capture the feel of being ludicrously ammo-efficient in lore. I've hardly seen dudes run out of ammo in my games; if anything, most of the time you don't get to magdump because of stragglers/teleporters.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The heavy sword is dogshit, right? Does bad cleave, can't penetrate armor?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ah, gotta remember to ADS when using the shotgun, it does offer tighter shot groupings at range with it on.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
this game will only be popular because people are sheep :smuggo:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
it's some old miserable goon from the last thread who was all "actually im part of a group that loves fatshark warts and all," yet constantly whines about them and also pre-orders all their poo poo, presumably so they can whine about them with Justification. treat the brokebrain like a brokebrain imo

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

so treat with patience and empathy, right? :)

i know plenty of people struggling with their issues that aren't snide fuckwits, what makes this one special

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

Any tips on getting the "long bomb" penance? Like a good map to try it for it? I tried a few times on the sequence where you are waiting on the ascender, but maybe it would be better to on the stage where you have to hold a bridge?

I got mine on the bridge. Also, tip is to leave a marker on the target zone where you expect a horde to pass through, and keep a distance of 27m from it. Once there, aim high enough that the marker appears on the bottom boundary of your screen. The grenades should pop fairly close from the floor without bouncing.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
You really need to spec for the bolter to make that thing shine on the Veteran, but the MK12 lasgun is perfect for how legitimately reliable it is as a thing you can kill everything short of Crushers with. Even in CQC missions I wouldn't regret taking an MK12 because I know I'll be killing specials with it reliably.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I had a dog rush towards us in a room with one reject outside, I shoot the dog and stagger it, it slides inside the room and then somehow in the next second was mauling the dude outside

???

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'll never get tired of doming some rear end in a top hat with the grenade box so that sounds fantastic IMO

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
It's funny how you see level 20s still eating poo poo in diff 2 runs. I don't think there's a "whole team survives" bonus so if some dummy runs off during smelter finale and eats poo poo a mile off from the exit door then bon voyage to them

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Draynar posted:

The camo talent for Vet is insane. poo poo just ignores you if there is other options basically.

Gotta remember this when I finish running Zealot this week. Would like to be able to finish a lasgun magazine for once without getting my rear end stabbed by some fuckin zombo

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Orv posted:

To be fair, the Lucius pattern is for dropping into a trench and blasting a guy from two feet away and vaporizing his chest cavity. Darktide just doesn’t really support that play style and the Lucius needing to charge always really hampers it.

That just sounds like a laser sawed-off, you could totally make that work in DT.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Real Cool Catfish posted:

For crowd control I’ve found myself preferring the normal chainsword over the eviscerator, mostly because how much faster attacks come out.

Possibly biased by my chainsword having +15% cleave on hit stacking 5 times. Thing is a hot knife through butter.

Weapon traits (Blessings IIRC) are so much spicier in this one compared to VT, I can imagine some real fun stuff once people get to building their weapons.

I can also imagine the final difficulty being tailored for "perfect" gear. Probably would piss off a lot of more casual players, but eh, I'm fine with design like that as long as there's a tier but great but not perfectly-optimized gear.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, a good blue MK12 lasgun was on sale for my Zealot and I figured I should give it a try. Turns out it probably is the best overall, safe pick for either Veteran or Zealot IMO: ammo-efficient, powerful, perfectly accurate, good sights, and does good damage against every target type save carapace, which your high-tier melee weapon usually handles. Shotguns and to a lesser extent revolvers are my preferred guns for Zealot due to quick swap responsiveness, but an MK12 never leaves me feeling helpless in the vast majority of engagements.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
New dark mission condition and Daemonhosts own and are terrifying. We really did a fuckin monkey paw when someone went "I'm sick of Endless Horde"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Don't know if the Ogryn talent that makes grenade boxes break open and explode when you hit large enemies is actually good but it's certainly entertaining. Nailing a Crusher in the face used to knock it down, now it dies along with everything around it.

The VS enemy Ogryn one is probably the more objectively useful one but yes, nailing some armored dipshit in the middle of a horde, giving them permanent brain trauma, and then vaporizing the horde after feels incredibly satisfying. Also the grenades ain't bad against bosses.