Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Orv posted:

Each of the VT2 actors does a Darktide voice option. They’re pretty great.

DeathSandwich posted:

I've heard everyone from the old game in one way or another. Baradin is one of the ogryn voices, Saltz and Sienna both have a psyker voice. Elf is one of the sharpshooter voices and is full Irish and I think Kruber is one of the fanatics.

okay i'm confused because i looked at the full credited list of voice actors in darktide and zero of them were in vermintide 2???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Pennsylvanian posted:

Playing VT2 again and then watching Darktide footage let me notice that specials seem to be a bit finer tuned. The thing I hated most about VT2 was probably special enemies like Blightstormers who could ruin runs with bullshit. I just remembered less of that sort of thing in the Darktide beta. I think you could even deflect Pox Hounds' leap attacks if you were blocking.

the net disable guy seems insane but maybe my beta groups just didn’t know how to react to him

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

im definitely hoping they add cool and significantly different new character classes, but considering that would involve either

1. recording new banter voice lines for every single personality/gender combo
2. having significantly less new dialog for the characters and being lame

ive got my fatshark doubts, especially considering they never added another member to the Ubersreik Five which would've been infinitely less voicework (though still a lot)

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarktideComms/status/1603704086213296128