Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

If anyone's struggling with loneliness right now, remember that human beings weren't meant to be by themselves for long periods of time. It's as important to your mental health to spend time with others offline (even over the phone!) as it is for your physical health to wear a mask in the grocery store
Overall, being around people, even if you don't know them or even if you don't interact with them, is a necessary component for a happy, healthy lifestyle.

Human beings aren't meant to do anything particularly as far as I can tell. Personally I'm looking forward to cutting back on my busy schedule of leaving the house once a week for the past month. I'm going to do so much not socializing and instead getting things done and I'm going to be happy and healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

gently caress I love being a misanthrope

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Weka posted:

Human beings aren't meant to do anything particularly as far as I can tell. Personally I'm looking forward to cutting back on my busy schedule of leaving the house once a week for the past month. I'm going to do so much not socializing and instead getting things done and I'm going to be happy and healthy.

:[

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
happiness tip: accept your fate!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

NeatHeteroDude posted:

If anyone's struggling with loneliness right now, remember that human beings weren't meant to be by themselves for long periods of time. It's as important to your mental health to spend time with others offline (even over the phone!) as it is for your physical health to wear a mask in the grocery store.

I've noticed people wearing respirators, cutting contact with the outside world, etc., to prioritize keeping safe from COVID. It's important to feel safe and secure, but letting your mental health suffer to remain "status quo" with your physical health will only make you more depressed and anxious. If you're looking for a safe space to spend time with others, consider contacting your local game shop/Facebook group and asking to join a DnD game! Most people in the community are comfortable wearing masks and will not bother you for wearing yours.

Another idea is to go to the gym! You can wear your respirator, and people will leave you alone because it's the gym, and nobody gives a poo poo what anyone is doing in the gym. Most people are too busy looking at buff dudes or attractive women to care about your mask setup. They're also focusing on themselves because insecurity is very common in average and advanced gym-goers. Nobody's perfect, so if you're worried about being judged, just know you're not alone. If you wear a mask in the gym, it'll be a little harder to do cardio because the sweat from your face will make it difficult for air to pass in and out of the mask. However, I wear one and am happy practicing mental toughness in addition to physical strength!

Overall, being around people, even if you don't know them or even if you don't interact with them, is a necessary component for a happy, healthy lifestyle.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
will there be a new happiness tip thread today? who will be responsible for migrating previous happiness tips to that thread?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i'm not against the happiness tip thread and i'm happy for the people it's helped so far I just want more transparency in how it's being run

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Should we start by making a happiness tip constitution? From there we can begin nominations for the happiness tip council.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Staying deep in a pit like a cave goblin makes me extremely happy

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I encourage all mods itt to seize the day and go have a nice meal out followed by a film or clubbing. Leave those masks at home; you’re vaccinated, right?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

you sound harpy

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

you sound harpy

Someone should call geralt. Maybe the town alderman can collect some coin to get lumpentroll a proper contract?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Loucks posted:

I encourage all mods itt to seize the day and go have a nice meal out followed by a film or clubbing. Leave those masks at home; you’re vaccinated, right?

Done. Next?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Staying deep in a pit like a cave goblin makes me extremely happy

WrasslorMonkey has issued a correction as of 22:50 on Nov 11, 2022

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

No notes. Keep up the good work!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Bring your partner things while they're at work! A coffee, some flowers, an energy drink, or anything can really change the day for them. They'll appreciate the extra work you went through to see them during the day because it communicates that you love and care about them and their feelings. Partners may also enjoy rubbing it in on the people whose partners DONT visit them at work.

I try to come in once a week to see my wife, and I like to bring snacks, drinks, etc. , when I do!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Make sure you check with them beforehand so that you're not crossing a boundary. But after you know it's okay, surprise them! A nice surprise at work can make all the difference.

Imagine that someone you love dropped by your work to give you an energy drink. Wouldn't that make you feel special?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im goi g to dip my Mask in covid juice and sUck it dry =D

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Imagine how depressed and lonely you'd feel if you were permanently damaged by the airborne virus currently going around as many people are and society abandoned you as it does all disabled people

Any motherfuckers trying to get people to breathe in covid and risk their health for nothing are demented assholes that absolutely deserve to find out what it's like to be crippled

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

happiness tip: accept your fate!

it was so sick when ajax impaled himself on hectors big rear end sword

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
honestly ajax kicked rear end in all ways including when he was tripping balls and whipping and flogging a bunch of sheeps and poo poo tied up in his tent epic BDSM style and athena and odysseus peek in and theyre like :yikes: :yikes:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
happiness tip: have a well ordered soul and live the good life. this also means to be rich as poo poo, have a bunch f slaves, and a grip of greased up twinks at your beck and call

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Bring your partner things while they're at work! A coffee, some flowers, an energy drink, or anything can really change the day for them. They'll appreciate the extra work you went through to see them during the day because it communicates that you love and care about them and their feelings. Partners may also enjoy rubbing it in on the people whose partners DONT visit them at work.

I try to come in once a week to see my wife, and I like to bring snacks, drinks, etc. , when I do!

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Make sure you check with them beforehand so that you're not crossing a boundary. But after you know it's okay, surprise them! A nice surprise at work can make all the difference.

Imagine that someone you love dropped by your work to give you an energy drink. Wouldn't that make you feel special?

and if u don't have a partner i guess just die lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have a girlfriend

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i also have a cold & gallons of snot coming from my nose. coincidence?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Smythe posted:

i have a girlfriend

hell yeah!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Is Smythe doing okay?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I mean, y'all tell me if this is normal or not.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

:crackping: IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING COVID-19 RESEARCH AND MENTAL HEALTH :crackping:

:siren: IF YOU READ ANYTHING TODAY, READ THIS :siren:

that has very little to do with covid research actually

e:

Weka posted:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

ok now i'm pretty sure you are mocking me as i have no partner

WrasslorMonkey posted:

:yeah:

Shifty Nipples has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Nov 12, 2022

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

McCracAttack posted:

I mean, y'all tell me if this is normal or not.

this is normal but he's not ok

y'all

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

this is normal but he's not ok

y'all

Y'all should use "y'all" more. It's versatile and gender neutral. You have my permission.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

Is Smythe doing okay?

do u disagree that ajax was badass???

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Smythe posted:

do u disagree that ajax was badass???

I take no issue with that premise.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
great guy. loved putting him in the hoplite control group in the age of mythology campaign

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Shifty Nipples posted:

ok now i'm pretty sure you are mocking me as i have no partner

:yeah:

WrasslorMonkey posted:

not every happiness tip has to be about you specifically! If you don't have a partner, consider bringing your friends something while they're at work. You'd talk to them beforehand and probably need to approach it differently, but I've had buddies bring me energy drinks and it's always been super cool. Don't surprise them, though.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

NeatHeteroDude posted:

not every happiness tip has to be about you specifically! If you don't have a partner, consider bringing your friends something while they're at work. You'd talk to them beforehand and probably need to approach it differently, but I've had buddies bring me energy drinks and it's always been super cool. Don't surprise them, though.

STRIKE TWO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i hope all my enemies go to hell when they die