Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

NeatHeteroDude posted:

:crackping: IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING COVID-19 RESEARCH AND MENTAL HEALTH :crackping:

:siren: IF YOU READ ANYTHING TODAY, READ THIS :siren:

And tell a friend you care about them :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

You don't need to wish them the best but wanting people to die is a sign of a deep sickness of the soul. Instead of wanting people to die, you can pet a friendly dog or say hello to a friendly crow! That is certain to cheer you up when you're feeling down :)

I said hello to a friendly crow once and it turned out it was NOT a friendly crow and its name was Rah! and it cawed at everyone and then abandoned the Trump thread to go post about birdwatching

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Tighclops posted:

Imagine how depressed and lonely you'd feel if you were permanently damaged by the airborne virus currently going around as many people are and society abandoned you as it does all disabled people

Any motherfuckers trying to get people to breathe in covid and risk their health for nothing are demented assholes that absolutely deserve to find out what it's like to be crippled

Counterpoint: demented people do not deserve to be punished for their neurological condition.

Smythe posted:

honestly ajax kicked rear end in all ways including when he was tripping balls and whipping and flogging a bunch of sheeps and poo poo tied up in his tent epic BDSM style and athena and odysseus peek in and theyre like :yikes: :yikes:

Is this from the Brad Pitt movie? Might have to rewatch it.... alone!

mystes
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i hope all my enemies go to hell when they die
How nice that you want to be able to see them every day forever :3:

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Dont Worry Be Happy mentions landlords... :getin:

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

And tell a friend you care about them :)

that's super important. People don't think about how much small interactions with people matter, but they can make or break a person's day.

uh... do you have any coworkers you have nice conversations with?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

NeatHeteroDude posted:

uh... do you have any coworkers

lmao and YOU. ARE. OUTTA HEEEEERE!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

get a cat

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Had to sign three papers saying I wouldn't even let a pet come visit when I moved into this place

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

NeatHeteroDude posted:

:crackping: IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING COVID-19 RESEARCH AND MENTAL HEALTH :crackping:

Hey I have an idea maybe dont cosplay as a therapist on the internet. Its laudable to want to try and help people be happy but projecting your own norms onto everyone else is definitely not the best way to go about this. Especially when those norms include exposing yourself to the leading cause of death and disability for forums age humans.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i think that NHD should run a match-making service for all the lonely pathetic cspam goons without partners, hahah that would be such a funny trainwreck hahah god i;m so alone

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Gravid Topiary posted:

i think that NHD should run a match-making service for all the lonely pathetic cspam goons without partners, hahah that would be such a funny trainwreck hahah god i;m so alone

cheer up :)

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

TehSaurus posted:

Hey I have an idea maybe don’t cosplay as a therapist on the internet. It’s laudable to want to try and help people be happy but projecting your own norms onto everyone else is definitely not the best way to go about this. Especially when those norms include exposing yourself to the leading cause of death and disability for forums age humans.

Sorry, this isn't a happiness tip. If you post again, it has to be a happiness tip.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Sorry, this isn't a happiness tip. If you post again, it has to be a happiness tip.

Hey I got a happiness tip for ya right here, pal!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

correcting other peoples tips is sort of a meta tip

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

McCracAttack posted:

what is the tip

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

If you're having digestive issues try eating some kimchi, sauerkraut, or yogurt with lunch or dinner for a week and see if that helps.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

McCracAttack posted:

Weird I can't see it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Weird I can't see it

check just above your post, i was also confused but everything seems to be in order :)

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Weird I can't see it

Look up.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

McCracAttack posted:

And you're hiding it?! People could benefit from you spilling the beans.

Edit: I missed the tip, sorry about that.

StashAugustine posted:

correcting other peoples tips is sort of a meta tip

While true, I think "don't go outside or you will die" is actually a sadness tip, for a variety of reasons. What's more, I included "wear a respirator," so it's impossible to get covid while at the gym or playing DnD

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

TehSaurus posted:

Hey I have an idea maybe dont cosplay as a therapist on the internet.

it's a shitpost thread, i think nhd is just responding in kind

if not it's extremely off-putting and immature thinking on their part and they should stop tho

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Wheeee posted:

it's a shitpost thread, i think nhd is just responding in kind

if not it's extremely off-putting and immature thinking on their part and they should stop tho

Can you please rephrase your response to them as a happiness tip?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Humans are 70% water, but they're also made up of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates! Don't limit yourself to just water if you want to feel good, a balanced diet can provide all the right nutrients your brain needs to function!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Take a brain break! If you find yourself staring at the forums or social media, neither reading nor processing anything on your screen, consider changing focus to something interesting or sensory! Set a 10-minute timer on your phone, and do something that gets you out of your chair and moving to another location away from your computer. When the timer goes off, you can go back to what you were doing!

I like to play with my cats, Momo and Princess, but I'm sure petless people can find something just as fun!

P.S.

Timers are a very important part of predictability, which your brain likes! A predictable, structured schedule will give you direction and make you feel good!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
find a god and pray to it. pray for all of us

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Remember that human perception and mental processing is flawed in all respects, sufficiently such that from this any inherently hopeless conclusion can be discarded if you wish.

While this ability can be used for better or worse, consider using it to prevent mental apathy and encourage you to do tasks such as:

.Cleaning your place of living
.Performing a physical exercise that is safe and possible for you to do
.reading an informative text from your local library or from the world wide web
.assisting animals by volunteering or donating materials/funds to a local animal shelter or other animal assisting organization
.conversing with people in real life or online about shared interests

Or other potentially pleasurable actions.

thechosenone has issued a correction as of 07:07 on Nov 16, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Try jerking off.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Happiness tip #55342 - don't take uselessly broad advice and banal platitudes from random forums users who have no idea about your personal experience or situation about some nebulous concept of 'happiness', as if that word can even be divorced from the propaganda of the capitalist hellscape

also smoke weed. weed rules :rznv:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

TehSaurus posted:

Hey I have an idea maybe dont cosplay as a therapist on the internet. Its laudable to want to try and help people be happy but projecting your own norms onto everyone else is definitely not the best way to go about this. Especially when those norms include exposing yourself to the leading cause of death and disability for forums age humans.

maybe we could get to the root of your distrust of therapists if we probe the origins of your oedipal complex

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Justin Credible posted:

Happiness tip #55342 - don't take uselessly broad advice and banal platitudes from random forums users who have no idea about your personal experience or situation about some nebulous concept of 'happiness', as if that word can even be divorced from the propaganda of the capitalist hellscape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPgrfXuHYWI

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm only really unhappy about it when Kissinger doesn't go on to die.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Justin Credible posted:

Happiness is when you're feeling good and having a nice time, and you can experience it if you try :)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

happiness is a dish best served cold

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

what is your favourite ice cream

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Justin Credible posted:

Happiness tip: it's good to drink water! At least 2 liters a day will keep your joints lubricated, your brain firing on all cylinders, and your heart thump thump thumping away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Wheeee posted:

what is your favourite ice cream

red bean