Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Claudio Reyna, captain America, played midfield for City for a while which was a huge deal for our bad soccer country

His kid played a bit in the US’s 0-0 victory over England in the group stage, which was neat.

Honestly I’m just glad the England City boys will get a bit extra rest before the season starts back up. It was also nice of Southgate to give them a bunch of rest during key matches as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Jose posted:

You're an American man city supporter who only started posting after they were bought by the UAE royal family

lol

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Jose posted:

apparently tuchel does want the job if its available

Hmmm the guy who keeps falling out with his clubs and players you say?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Hmmm the guy who keeps falling out with his clubs and players you say?

Harder to do that when there is no club and you only see the players every few months!

I still have him down for a 7th place finish with Spurs in 2024 though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone will fire their manager in March, he can have that job.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1602350924474859520

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Give it Wazza

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

Give it Wazza

Rooney is far too smart for that, which says a lot about many things

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

do you think he'd demand a statue of himself if he won a tournament?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I have in my hand three envelopes containing the names of players who will let us down at this World Cup.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Fat Sam in

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

You're an American man city supporter who only started posting after they were bought by the UAE royal family

Can't believe im empty quoting fuckin Jose.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Jose posted:

do you think he'd demand a statue of himself if he won a tournament?

If he wins England a WC he can have a giant statue on the fourth plinth imo

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
We need someone whose going to have the longevity Southgate has had but can be more decisive during those big moments.

Hopefully they don’t rush into a decision…. Not sue Brendan riders has quite deserved the role. And hours long would Tuchel want it? One tournament?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

theres a certain ball sniffer available

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
It's fine. Ball sniffing is legal at the next world cup.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Imagining the gammon/miwwaw meltdowns about a German getting the job and I'm doing lmaos let me tell you

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Imagining the gammon/miwwaw meltdowns about a German getting the job and I'm doing lmaos let me tell you

I like Southgate but the meltdowns would be worth it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

This makes tuchel wanting the job funny

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

vyelkin posted:

I have in my hand three envelopes containing the names of players who will let us down at this World Cup.

Why have you written the whole roster down three times over?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Rooney is far too smart for that, which says a lot about many things

Yeah probably.

Didn't realise he'd gone to MLS, and taken Ravel Morrison with him. Has Rooney somehow turned him into a non-liability?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Liabilities automatically become assets when they cross the pond

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus christ with buddha as assman couldn’t turn ravel into a non-liability

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

sebzilla posted:

Yeah probably.

Didn't realise he'd gone to MLS, and taken Ravel Morrison with him. Has Rooney somehow turned him into a non-liability?

Didn’t Morrison play in Mexico for a season?

Has he done any interviews on that time? Curious what his experience was.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
allegedly England made history this WC because for the first time in the modern era, none of the travelling fans were arrested

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The game's gone

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jeebus bob posted:

allegedly England made history this WC because for the first time in the modern era, none of the travelling fans were arrested

How many were 'disappeared'?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rarity posted:

How many were 'disappeared'?

All of them, but by Olivier Giroud

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

jeebus bob posted:

Being originally from Belo Horizonte, I went to nearly all WC matches there in 2014 (missed only the 7-1).
Saw Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Colombia, etc. The military police only had to go into the stands to break fights and separate the crowd once: England - Costa Rica, which was meaningless. And to be clear: the English fans weren't picking fights with Costa Rica fans (almost none of those there). They just kept tossing cups full of beer and picking fights with the rando section right underneath them.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 15, 2022

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shrapnig posted:

All of them, but by Olivier Giroud

Twixed

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
its all in the mix

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

joepinetree posted:

Being originally from Belo Horizonte, I went to nearly all WC matches there in 2014 (missed only the 7-1).
Saw Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Colombia, etc. The military police only had to go into the stands to break fights and separate the crowd once: England - Costa Rica, which was meaningless. And to be clear: the English fans weren't picking fights with Costa Rica fans (almost none of those there). They just kept tossing cups full of beer and picking fights with the rando section right underneath them.

lmao the in-stadium beers that FIFA strong-armed Brazil into serving

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Akbar posted:

lmao the in-stadium beers that FIFA strong-armed Brazil into serving

even sadder now that this tournament has proved is that once the tournament has started you can go back on any arrangement with FIFA. you control the country, the police, the infrastructure. what's FIFA gonna do, move the tournament at short notice?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

mila kunis posted:

even sadder now that this tournament has proved is that once the tournament has started you can go back on any arrangement with FIFA. you control the country, the police, the infrastructure. what's FIFA gonna do, move the tournament at short notice?

One difference being that Brazil are an established nation whom FIFA could penalize later vs. a one-off gently caress you extravaganza like Qatar.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1604428575423307776

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Good

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

He's shite

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hegay posted:

He's shite

It's a game of two halves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Do people forget how poo poo we were in knockout rounds of tournaments even with the so called golden generation? I don't doubt that Southgate has flaws but aside from progressing far in 3 consecutive tournaments I don't think his stellar work at making the England team seem like a genuinely cohesive and nice bunch of lads who enjoy playing with each other can be understated. Supporting England in the Lampard/Rooney/Terry/Ferdinand era always left a bit of a bad taste at the back of my throat. I'm fully passionate about the team now. That's all Southgate. Losing on penalties in the euros and to two finalists in the world cups isn't shameful.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 18, 2022