Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

For example I didn’t post in QCS saying “I think the mods are mostly good” because it’s a lie and I hate that place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I can't stop screaming.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Thank you this is good I’m glad it found a home here.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the problem is it's grammatically ambiguous whether the verb phrase "do that" is subordinate to the prepositional phrase "for love"

intended meaning: "but I won't do that (for any reason)"
interpreted meaning: "but I won't do that (for love)"

nothing against Meat Loaf but he was wrong on this one

if I said "I would jump over the fire, but I wouldn't crawl" you'd almost certainly interpret that to mean I wouldn't crawl over the fire, not that I would never crawl under any circumstances

"stop dreaming of you" isn't something you do "for love" so people very understandably don't make that correlation
in point of fact, nothing he mentions makes sense as something he wouldn't do for love, so it's only reasonable that they'd interpret the "that" as unstated

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I like to think I'm a decent and understanding person but I will never forgive the stupid idiot bitch Steve Jobs for his crimes against the concepts of buttons and replaceable batteries

Cubone
May 26, 2011

god drat IT now I'm loving horny you idiot. great. real nice.. just love sitting here with a boner becaus of some fuckwit

Cubone
May 26, 2011

this one just says "I will beat the devil to death in hell"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Cubone posted:

this one just says "I will beat the devil to death in hell"

you got like a trapper keeper full of posts

Cubone
May 26, 2011

kntfkr posted:

you got like a trapper keeper full of posts
gotta leave something to my heirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dump em this is quality poo poo