Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

We have a bunch of clients and we need to hoover their data and punt it into SalesForce. We want to work on a more robust automated ETL system but for now...

We want to just have these clients log in to some sort of environment with database software, create some databases and tables, then dump their data.

I would like this "some sort of environment" to be as hassle-free and preconfigured for the client as possible - maybe a windows-flavored OS with (of course) some sort of database software, etc. An image of some sort, I guess? Is it possible to do this with VMs and/or dockers? If so, is one preferable to another?

Another thing that occurred to me is just having them interface with a cloud DB directly like AWS DynamoDB or Azure SQL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU