Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

quote:

Kevin Conroy, best known for voicing Batman, has died at the age of 66.

The Peter Mayhew Foundation confirmed on Twitter that Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy passed away:

"Members of the Batman animated family are reporting that Kevin Conroy has passed away. We had the privilege of attending conventions alongside Kevin over the years and are heartbroken by this news."

Diana Pershing, who voiced Poison Ivy in Batman: The Animated Series, shared a heartfelt tribute to Conroy on Facebook:

"Very sad news: our beloved voice of Batman, Kevin Conroy, died yesterday. He's been ill for a while but he really put in a lot of time at the cons, to the joy of all of his fans. He will be sorely missed not just by the cast of the series but by his legion of fans all over the world. Below are pictures of Kevin with Loren Lester who plays Robin another with me and Tara Strong who is in the later episodes of Batman cartoons. And then finally, one of Kevin and me in front of the huge audiences we used to get when we did our panels. RIP, friend."

Conroy served as the voice of the Dark Knight in various media, such as Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League. The actor also portrayed a live-action Bruce Wayne in the Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover.

Conroy also voiced Batman in a number of video games including the Arkham series and Injustice: Gods Among Us.

https://thedirect.com/article/batman-kevin-conroy-dies

This sucks, I know goons loved the old animated series. It was maybe the greatest superhero show ever, and so much of that was the fantastic casting. First and foremost being Mark Hamill as the Joker and Kevin Conroy as Batman himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

oh man, my bad, I wasn't supposed to let this have the shitpost tag

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Batman is a poo poo post

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

oh man, my bad, I wasn't supposed to let this have the shitpost tag

Will fix.

Batman the animated series was one of my favorite shows as a kid :smith: I have the complete series in boxed set of DVDs (lol), might have to give it a rewatch

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

KitConstantine posted:

Will fix.

Batman the animated series was one of my favorite shows as a kid :smith: I have the complete series in boxed set of DVDs (lol), might have to give it a rewatch

thank you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Joker sends his regards

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

:wrong: Ben Affleck is still very much alive op

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pretty lame that Conroy is dead and they yeeted Keaton

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Jillian poo poo posted:

:wrong: Ben Affleck is still very much alive op

idk, I think he is dead emotionally

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

What kind of cancer did he have?

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

MrQwerty posted:

pretty lame that Conroy is dead and Rupert Murdoch still walks this earth

ftfy

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Also, enemy to watermelon everywhere Gallagher is dead.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, enemy to watermelon everywhere Gallagher is dead.

Losing them both feels like someone somewhere wished on a monkey paw. We’re finally free of Gallagher, but at what cost?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
never heard of this Batman, fake news

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Best Batman... gone. what the gently caress!

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Does his body still have to walk around even though his voice is dead

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What the gently caress.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i think we have our suspect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiA8613eTw

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
At least he's finally with his mom and dad now.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Boss don't seem too happy now that da Bat is dead.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

KitConstantine posted:

Will fix.

The Blu-ray set looks astounding. They did such a great job with it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I didn't actually watch the animated series with his voice as a child since they redubbed it here, but I recently watched an interview where he talked about channelling his life experience of being closeted into the split of Batman/Bruce Wayne and I really loved him as a person.

RIP, you were taken from us far too soon.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Another great boner by the jokester

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
This sucks, RIP.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The Peter Mayhew Foundation probably left him in some killing contraption and left the room. Let's wait til next bat-week in this bat-thread and see how this plays out

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
drat, RIP to a real one. His Batman is still THE Batman to me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

probably cancer or something.

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

https://thedirect.com/article/batman-kevin-conroy-dies

This sucks, I know goons loved the old animated series. It was maybe the greatest superhero show ever, and so much of that was the fantastic casting. First and foremost being Mark Hamill as the Joker and Kevin Conroy as Batman himself.

yeah, he was my batman, probably alot of peoples batman. sad. i still read most batman comics in his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIuODLsOf4

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably cancer or something.

yeah, he was my batman, probably alot of peoples batman. sad. i still read most batman comics in his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIuODLsOf4

To me he was the "default" Batman, not that I didn't love a lot of the other versions, both animated and live action. But I always felt like other versions of Batman were defined relative to the Conroy version. If that makes sense.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Best Batman... gone. what the gently caress!

He was a very good Batman but not the best. Adam West died years ago.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

To me he was the "default" Batman, not that I didn't love a lot of the other versions, both animated and live action. But I always felt like other versions of Batman were defined relative to the Conroy version. If that makes sense.

same. he always got the tone right, he can sound genuinly angry without the dumb yell poo poo but you can also tell that batman was a genuin caring person. idk his voice vaguely reminds me of my dads so that probably chips into it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fabulousity posted:

He was a very good Batman but not the best. Adam West died years ago.

west is a great one too. those shows are fun.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

west is a great one too. those shows are fun.

Kevin Conroy is undeniably great and his work is fantastic but how do you top this?

https://decider.com/2017/06/12/adam-west-kicked-out-of-orgy-while-being-batman/

Also shout out to long dead Frank Gorshin the first and best live action Riddler.

All you Batman TAS fans should go try Harley Quinn too. It's good. I promise. Alan Tudyk's Joker is really good too.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. he always got the tone right, he can sound genuinly angry without the dumb yell poo poo but you can also tell that batman was a genuin caring person. idk his voice vaguely reminds me of my dads so that probably chips into it.

He could also make Batman and Bruce Wayne seem like completely different people with the barest change in how he delivered his lines. Close enough that we the audience can tell it's the same guy, but we also don't question why nobody in universe figures it out.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
rotten.com has gone too far this time, ugh

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what's the big deal, can't ras al ghul just resurrect people now?

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

what's the big deal, can't ras al ghul just resurrect people now?

not since the Near Apocalypse of '09

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Another Batman dead? Christian Bale better look out.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

rotten.com has gone too far this time, ugh

I like how the man is covering his eyes because the sight of Batman’s grotesquely broken body is so traumatic but couldn’t care less that his son is looking directly at the mangled corpse six inches away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Another Batman dead? Christian Bale better look out.

does Christian Bale have an alibi that covers where he was and what he was doing when these Batmen died? I'm not implying anything, I'm just asking questions