Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I appreciate the man’s talent, but his Batman always felt too sanitized. Boyscout Batman is just so boring, we don’t need another Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Batman is an inherently moral character. The whole "I have to hold myself to a standard, I must have lines that I will never cross or I will fall into the abyss" thing should either be central, or shouldn't exist at all. A Batman who just casually goes around murdering (or, at best, permanently crippling) people but mutters "Good thing I used a non-lethal explosive" and "Luckily I used Bat Detecting to know that building would be empty ahead of time" is idiotic. It is extra dumb because the various MurderBatmen still get all angsty about "the line" when faced with a named villain.

If your Batman wouldn't comfort a crying child, you do not have a Batman. You have a writer who wants to write the Punisher but got stuck working on a DC project.

All I’m saying is he doesn’t have to be Danny tanner.