Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

probably cancer or something.

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

https://thedirect.com/article/batman-kevin-conroy-dies

This sucks, I know goons loved the old animated series. It was maybe the greatest superhero show ever, and so much of that was the fantastic casting. First and foremost being Mark Hamill as the Joker and Kevin Conroy as Batman himself.

yeah, he was my batman, probably alot of peoples batman. sad. i still read most batman comics in his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIuODLsOf4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

To me he was the "default" Batman, not that I didn't love a lot of the other versions, both animated and live action. But I always felt like other versions of Batman were defined relative to the Conroy version. If that makes sense.

same. he always got the tone right, he can sound genuinly angry without the dumb yell poo poo but you can also tell that batman was a genuin caring person. idk his voice vaguely reminds me of my dads so that probably chips into it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fabulousity posted:

He was a very good Batman but not the best. Adam West died years ago.

west is a great one too. those shows are fun.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jillian poo poo posted:

I like how the man is covering his eyes because the sight of Batman’s grotesquely broken body is so traumatic but couldn’t care less that his son is looking directly at the mangled corpse six inches away

i mean he lives in gotham, there are probably school shootings by dudes in costumes like at least once a month. he needs to get used to it.