Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

quote:

Kevin Conroy, best known for voicing Batman, has died at the age of 66.

The Peter Mayhew Foundation confirmed on Twitter that Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy passed away:

"Members of the Batman animated family are reporting that Kevin Conroy has passed away. We had the privilege of attending conventions alongside Kevin over the years and are heartbroken by this news."

Diana Pershing, who voiced Poison Ivy in Batman: The Animated Series, shared a heartfelt tribute to Conroy on Facebook:

"Very sad news: our beloved voice of Batman, Kevin Conroy, died yesterday. He's been ill for a while but he really put in a lot of time at the cons, to the joy of all of his fans. He will be sorely missed not just by the cast of the series but by his legion of fans all over the world. Below are pictures of Kevin with Loren Lester who plays Robin another with me and Tara Strong who is in the later episodes of Batman cartoons. And then finally, one of Kevin and me in front of the huge audiences we used to get when we did our panels. RIP, friend."

Conroy served as the voice of the Dark Knight in various media, such as Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League. The actor also portrayed a live-action Bruce Wayne in the Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover.

Conroy also voiced Batman in a number of video games including the Arkham series and Injustice: Gods Among Us.

https://thedirect.com/article/batman-kevin-conroy-dies

This sucks, I know goons loved the old animated series. It was maybe the greatest superhero show ever, and so much of that was the fantastic casting. First and foremost being Mark Hamill as the Joker and Kevin Conroy as Batman himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

oh man, my bad, I wasn't supposed to let this have the shitpost tag

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

KitConstantine posted:

Will fix.

Batman the animated series was one of my favorite shows as a kid :smith: I have the complete series in boxed set of DVDs (lol), might have to give it a rewatch

thank you

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Jillian poo poo posted:

:wrong: Ben Affleck is still very much alive op

idk, I think he is dead emotionally

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably cancer or something.

yeah, he was my batman, probably alot of peoples batman. sad. i still read most batman comics in his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIuODLsOf4

To me he was the "default" Batman, not that I didn't love a lot of the other versions, both animated and live action. But I always felt like other versions of Batman were defined relative to the Conroy version. If that makes sense.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. he always got the tone right, he can sound genuinly angry without the dumb yell poo poo but you can also tell that batman was a genuin caring person. idk his voice vaguely reminds me of my dads so that probably chips into it.

He could also make Batman and Bruce Wayne seem like completely different people with the barest change in how he delivered his lines. Close enough that we the audience can tell it's the same guy, but we also don't question why nobody in universe figures it out.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

what's the big deal, can't ras al ghul just resurrect people now?

not since the Near Apocalypse of '09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Another Batman dead? Christian Bale better look out.

does Christian Bale have an alibi that covers where he was and what he was doing when these Batmen died? I'm not implying anything, I'm just asking questions