Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Who’s applying?

quote:

Today in job listings that exude a menacing aura: Sega is looking to hire a Sonic loremaster to keep track of the blue hedgehog’s canon and non-canon antics.

If you have a degree in the arts and just so happened to be doomscrolling through the job hiring website, LinkedIn, you might’ve come across a job application from Sega of America for a lore associate manager for the Sonic Team. Yes, Sonic has established lore within its video games, movies, and its low-key slept on comic books. Though many might be scratching their heads at the existence of Sonic lore, one doesn’t simply go fast without having a pre-established reason to. Over the past 31 years of Sonic’s existence, the hedgehog’s lore has involved a plethora of bizarre storylines like him being cuckholded by Shadow after the Hot Topic hedgehog stole his then-girlfriend, Sally, and his often-brought-up smooch with a human, which has been burned into everyone’s memory. So you can see why Sega is in dire need of someone to keep the blue hedgehog’s lore straight.

quote:

“With both project management and creative duties, you will be immersed in the organizing and shaping of Sonic lore, canon, characters, and universes, helping to bring consistency, connectivity, and creativity to all things Sonic across various forms of media including games, animation, comics, and more,” Sega of America wrote in the job description

#bringbackKenPenders

https://kotaku.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-lore-linkedin-job-hiring-canon-sega-1849753378

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I have no interest in the job personally, but to whoever ends up getting it: Sonic and I have been in a monogamous relationship for the last 15 years, and while Sega has not respected this in the past, I hope going forward you will be mindful of our love and the commitment we've made to each other. Thank You

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1115328007357358081?s=20&t=-aQUNI8rIIJv2Z__Jd_4IA

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

STABASS posted:

I have no interest in the job personally, but to whoever ends up getting it: Sonic and I have been in a monogamous relationship for the last 15 years, and while Sega has not respected this in the past, I hope going forward you will be mindful of our love and the commitment we've made to each other. Thank You

Nick/av/post combo.

A dog assfucking a hedgehog, that's lore alrighty.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Those are going to be some very awkward job interviews and I hate to be the one running them.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Sonic and Knuckles used to take turns with that Tailspussi on the reg hope that helps

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lmao no way this job listing isn't some kind of honeypot

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Is Sonic circumcised? You'll get that question at some point on the phone interview

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

oh it's like miles per hour now i get it ha ha ha

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’m still looking for people to develop Garfield Rollercoaster. It’s like sonic, but Garfield has to outrun snails in to get pans of lasagna. As the game progresses he gets fatter, slower, more awkward, and harder to control. He falls off the top of loops, wobbles off the sides of obstacles, gets concussions, dizzy spells, as the snails catch up. In the higher levels he starts drinking, stutter stepping, swearing and getting swatted at by old ladies with brooms. He starts smoking too so he gets out of breath and has to take breaks while you mash buttons to get his oxygen levels back up with a super cpap machine.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
This is an example of a situation where it's a good thing that the most qualified person doesn't get the job

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Sonic runs very fast and his nemesis is Dr Robotnik.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Alan Moore should apply to broaden his resume a bit. Maybe bring in some ideas he had for Capt. Carrot and the Zoo Crew.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Chilly dogs

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Sonic breaks one of robotniks robots and he is all "did I do that?"

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
If Cybershell hasn't already applied for this, I'm going to apply on his behalf with just a link to his YouTube channel. He will get a reply of "Thanks, but no thanks."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
There will be a steady stream of resignations from this position, it's as cursed as that one teaching job at Hogwart's, because everyone who gets hired will either not sick enough and/or too sick to please the Sonic fanbase.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Catchphrase is “cowabunga”

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

warning: this video is canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fueRUi5AWWQ

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i like how sonic taps his foot and looks at his watch

so sassy

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Nice Van My Man posted:

Sonic runs very fast and his nemesis is Dr Robotnik.

You almost got the job, but you forgot to mention that Sonic also enjoys chili dogs

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
For those of you making jokes there is actually a deep lore in the comics including stuff about the echidnas (knuckles race) that ended up expanding into its own sub franchise

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Noob Saibot posted:

For those of you making jokes there is actually a deep lore in the comics including stuff about the echidnas (knuckles race) that ended up expanding into its own sub franchise

Then the guy who made all the echidnas kidnapped them all and ran away, and Sega looked at all of this and went "This is too loving stupid even for us."

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
the only sonic canon i recognise is what is termed insular sonic, the british canon deriving from the sega of america’s “sonic bible” of 1991 and seen in such esteemed publications as sonic the comic and the Martin Adams novels. this was before the heresiarchs in japan brutally suppressed anything contradicting the ugly apocryphal vanities of sonic adventure. i believe that if anyone says that the evil dr. robotnik’s name is “doctor eggman”, let him be anathema

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i laugh at it so much that googling "ken penders" autocompletes to "ken penders knuckles family tree"

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
a sedevacantist schismatic movement called sonic the hedgehog (continuing) that denies dr. eggman

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The only thing I wish to know is why now? SEGA never cared about the canon before.
And it's not as if most people are actually interested in the lore.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

You almost got the job, but you forgot to mention that Sonic also enjoys chili dogs

He goes fast because he's always running for a toilet so he doesn't poo poo his pants.

Often he does poo poo his pants. But he keeps goblin' down them chili dogs anyway.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
please someone apply and get the job and then make the brazilian sonic comic canon

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

poo poo I forgot how popular SEGA is in Brazil, is there a 'best of' compilation of the most amazing things in Brazilian Sonic fiction?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No takers on Garfield Rollercoaster? Well gently caress YOU! :flipoff:

EdgyCoffeeMug
Jan 11, 2019

That article is at least 1000 times cringier than the job posting itself. gently caress whoever wrote that, sonic is still cool and his latest game is pretty fun.

Also if we're being real the joke options like ken penders or chris-chan wouldnt even be a good fit for the job. Even if they're the kind of people that come to mind here super autists like them are too biased or dumb to keep the canon together in some kind of balance around what the average fan wants to see.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Never played a single sonic game. Not one. Always was more of a Mario man. Mario Bros, Mario 64 ... all kinds of Marios

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

then i would suggest you do not apply for the job mentioned in the op, as SEGA are unlikely to hire you

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

EdgyCoffeeMug posted:

... if we're being real the joke options like ken penders or chris-chan wouldnt even be a good fit for the job. Even if they're the kind of people that come to mind here super autists like them are too biased or dumb to keep the canon together in some kind of balance around what the average fan wants to see.

It's just as well you pointed this out.

Also, serious job applicants would presumably need to be both not incarcerated and not already with a full schedule of loving dolls every waking hour.

Edit: Oh sorry I thought Ken Penders was the doll loving guy. No comment on him then.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 13, 2022

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

He could be.

I'm not finding out.

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXhUWa-TfM

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

BigBadSteve posted:

He goes fast because he's always running for a toilet so he doesn't poo poo his pants.

Often he does poo poo his pants. But he keeps goblin' down them chili dogs anyway.

What pants?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well, exactly. he took them off because he poo poo them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sega posts this when Chris Chan is in jail. Life ain’t fair