Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Here's my pitch: throw it all out. The average Sonic game isn't worth remembering the story and characters of anyway, so why bother? Just have every game be a fresh start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Do you think sonic would have eaten a frog dog with extra cola onions?

Find out in my 16 part epic SonicxDoobie crossover fanfic (spoiler: Tasha and robotnik gently caress plus inflation/vore/mpreg!!!)

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

That DICK! posted:

Sega posts this when Chris Chan is in jail. Life ain’t fair

Time to break Christine out of prison then!

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Let the people who made Sonic Mania run literally everything, that's my vote.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Kharnifex posted:

Time to break Christine out of prison then!

All Jerkops Are Bastards

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
just let chris pratt be lore master. he's given everything else. for no reason

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the power of the chaos emeralds was.... jesus?

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
free diaps as a benefit

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know what your guys problem is? All you think about is sonic. Sonic this, sonic that, sonic sonic sonic, Sonics big blue furry balls. That’s all you guys care about. :colbert:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I have a two-part question:

1. Is the art degree a requirement?
2. Do the Mega Man crossover comics count as canon or non-canon?

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
I thought I already had this job?

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

I. M. Gei posted:

I have a two-part question:

1. Is the art degree a requirement?
2. Do the Mega Man crossover comics count as canon or non-canon?

1) No
2) that’s your job to tell us!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Noob Saibot posted:

1) No
2) that’s your job to tell us!

They are canon. I have declared them canon. It is official. :colbert:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

nobody shows up to the interview due to local train derailment

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Iconic Sonic Writer Ken Panders says Sonic is a fuckboy with relationships. Would only date to give a female the privilege of being with him

https://twitter.com/semifreqsonic/status/1597598759839416320?s=46&t=0bOHkpkKk1NzkKVjMfTycg

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So he's a P.I.M.P.?

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Sega posts this when Chris Chan is in jail. Life ain’t fair

Was it Chris Chan who gunned down some coal executive? Absolute mad lad.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Leper Go-getter posted:

Was it Chris Chan who gunned down some coal executive? Absolute mad lad.

No.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
chris chan got trolled into committing incest

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Joke reply; Well still, this does not affect his chances for the role of Sonic Lore Master too much you'd think.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Howard Beale posted:

chris chan got trolled into committing incest

He's a motherfucker like a real one

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Noob Saibot posted:

For those of you making jokes there is actually a deep lore in the comics including stuff about the echidnas (knuckles race) that ended up expanding into its own sub franchise

Wtf are you talking about with enchiladas? I know they are delicious and that is about it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Imagine I said this before anyone mentioned Chris Chan: "Well I think we all know who won't be getting hired"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly if Cybershell doesn't get this job no one else should.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Noob Saibot posted:

Iconic Sonic Writer Ken Panders says Sonic is a fuckboy with relationships. Would only date to give a female the privilege of being with him

https://twitter.com/semifreqsonic/status/1597598759839416320?s=46&t=0bOHkpkKk1NzkKVjMfTycg

Uh, uh uh uh
It's big pimpin', baby! (That's right)
It's big pimpin', spendin' rings.
Feel me, uh-huh uh, uh-huh
Ge-ge-geyeah, geyeah
Ge-ge-geyeah, geyeah
You know I–

Thug 'em, gently caress 'em, love 'em, leave 'em,
Cuz I don't fuckin' need 'em.
Take 'em out the hood, keep 'em lookin' good,
But I don't fuckin' feed 'em.
First time they fuss, I'm breezin'.
Talkin' 'bout "What's the reason?"
I'm a pimp in every sense of the word, b****!
Better trust I'mma leave 'em!
In the cut where I keep 'em,
Till I need a nut, till I need to beat the guts,
Then it's "beep beep" and I'm pickin' 'em up,
Let 'em play with the dick in the truck.
Many chicks wanna put Sonic's fists in cuffs,
Divorce him, and split his bucks;
Just because you got good head, I'mma break bread
So you can be livin' it up? poo poo I–
Pause for nothin'! Y'all be frontin'!
Me give my heart to a woman?
Not for nothin'! Never happen! I'll be forever mackin'!
Heart cold as assassins; I got no passion,
I got no patience, and I hate waitin'...
Ho get yo' rear end in, and Let's RI-, I-, I-I-I-IDE!
Check 'em out now, RI-, I-, I-I-I-IDE!
Let's RI-, I-, I-I-I-IDE!
Check 'em out now, RI-, I-, I-I-I-IDE!
(w- w- w- w-) We doin'–

Big pimpin', spendin' the rings. Check 'em out now!
Big pimpin' on B-L-A-Ds. We doin'–
Big pimpin' up in NYC.
It's just that Sonic Man, Miles P, and Knuckles the E. We doin'–
Big pimpin', spendin' the rings. Check 'em out now!
Big pimpin' on B-L-A-Ds. We doin'–
Big pimpin' up in NYC.
It's just that Sonic Man, Miles P, and Knuckles the E.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 1, 2022

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Also a reminder that Dr. Eggman/Robotnik is a """""feminist""""" (read: "incel") and """""self-professed gentleman""""" (read: "niceguy")

https://twitter.com/Buttcopter/status/1597677927076098048?s=20&t=tSB5_-J5qjrZG9DWYb4f2Q

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
My favorite character in Sonic the Hedgehog is Dig The Dog, followed by Bingo the Dingo.

But I'm being told "these aren't real characters" and of course not, Sonic is a fictional character, dummy!

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I. M. Gei posted:

Also a reminder that Dr. Eggman/Robotnik is a """""feminist""""" (read: "incel") and """""self-professed gentleman""""" (read: "niceguy")

https://twitter.com/Buttcopter/status/1597677927076098048?s=20&t=tSB5_-J5qjrZG9DWYb4f2Q

I was about to ask if there were any human women in Sonic lore, then I remembered Sonic 2006

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

Noob Saibot posted:

g's up ho's down
and if that bitch can't swim, she bound to drizzown

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
All sonic deviant art stuff = cannon
Everything else = non cannon

There done. just saved sega hiring someone.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Make Tails Gets Trolled canon, cowards.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

in my c0da Ulillillia exists in the sonic universe as a malevolent spirit that haunts tails's dreams. he keeps dreaming about being trapped underwater and drowning while sonic just stands there, eyes blank. why doesn't he help

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Why did they change Dr Robotniks name to “egg man” and why did they change King Koopas name to “bowser”.

Talk about dumbing down society

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Noob Saibot posted:

Why did they change Dr Robotniks name to “egg man” and why did they change King Koopas name to “bowser”.

Talk about dumbing down society

Robotniks a Beatles fan and Koopas dyslexic IT nerd.

This is why you don't let people choose their own nicknames

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I would have dreamed about this job when I was a kid. I loved anything to do with sonic and even had a tails doll that I carried everywhere until well after I was way too old for it. Thank GOD internet fanfic was only in it's infancy at the time, I can't imagine how hosed up I would be if I read about knuckles fisting sonic or whatever when I was 8. I remember reading one G rated fanfic and losing interest quickly. I do remember there being links to more "mature" content but I was too much of a goody two shoes to click them.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

For me the Sonic games were always unfun and I've never understood the allure of them. Sonic is difficult to control and the parts where you're going fast are almost always stopped in a jarring way. Also, gently caress water in those early games, the sound still causes me stress. I've also always wondered why obsessive people of my generation have tendency to love the series.

That said, I've recently played Sonic Generations and it was kind of fun.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
When sonic mania came out I discovered that I straight up can't play the special stages from sonic 3/ and knuckles. You know, the 3d globe thing where you can't stop and it gets faster and faster over time and you can't hit the red balls. I seriously can't do it and I would beat it easily as a kid. I remember my mom watching me play it once and she said it made her dizzy and now I feel the same way. Is it some kind of aging change?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Dixville posted:

When sonic mania came out I discovered that I straight up can't play the special stages from sonic 3/ and knuckles. You know, the 3d globe thing where you can't stop and it gets faster and faster over time and you can't hit the red balls. I seriously can't do it and I would beat it easily as a kid. I remember my mom watching me play it once and she said it made her dizzy and now I feel the same way. Is it some kind of aging change?

Yeah, I think that it may be for the same reasons that getting dizzy as a kid was just a bit of fun but now it makes us want to vomit. There are certain motions in games and certain motion blurs on monitors that make me sick watching them now. It wouldn't have been a problem for me 20 years ago.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

apparently the sonic 1 special stage (where it’s spinning around and there’s birds turning into fish and stuff in the background) was inspired by the guy eating some bad sushi and getting sick and hallucinating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sonic the hedgehog is an orphan
He seeks those rings because of his traumatic orphan past
Tails is his pseudo son, he likes rings too because he please his adoptive father Sonic
Dr evil is the father