Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Genesplicer posted:

Make sure you avoid Ring Tyrant when you are near Saturn.

Ring tyrant belongs next to Uranus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Since I am finally caught up on getting first cards out to everyone who joined (so far), soon I will be opening several booster packs and handing out many cards. It's time to see these collections grow.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

deep dish peat moss posted:

Since I am finally caught up on getting first cards out to everyone who joined (so far), soon I will be opening several booster packs and handing out many cards. It's time to see these collections grow.

:sickos:

Need a new pig for my pig deck. All pigs and pig tribal sorcery.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Your first draw is a Harshmallow, #25

:eyepop:

Very nice. Thank you.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I am opening TWO BOOSTER PACKS containing TWELVE CARDS EACH for TWENTY-FOUR CARDS total. These cards will be randomly assigned. I am exposing the process I am using here more for myself to make sure I do it the same way in the future because my memory is v. bad.

Step one: Roll D100 24 times to determine which (if any) have special Types:
A roll of 80 or above = special type. (80-84 = chromatic, 85-89 = glowy, 90-94 = glowychromatic, 95-100 = monochrome).

The results are:
78, 1, 49, 62, 27, 46, 23, 82, 64, 66, 10, 69, 96, 95, 65, 46, 90, 6, 51, 89, 36, 70, 97, 72

Sheesh, six special types! As a special modifier, I will now roll a D100 for each of the six that got a special type and a roll of 90-100 means it gets a unique type
84, 8, 94, 40, 66, 11

There are 41 enrolled goons. So I am going to roll a D41 24 times to determine who gets cards!

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER these are the goons who are getting cards:

istewart - 1
padical - 1
thin blue whine - 1
tears in a vial - 1
zeth - 2
bad purchase - 1
orc priest - 2
pac and cheese - 2
chrs - 1
by popular demand - 1
colonel cancer - 1
free hubcaps - 2
a strange aeon - 1
zore - 1
tankfish - 1
jeremor - 1
chubbychecker - 1
war crime gigolo - 1
literally a person - 1
sophy wackles - 1

But I have to leave you on a cliffhanger now because I am going to eat dinner and then create the special Types cards and then I will post all of the draws.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Is there still room to Join?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

Is there still room to Join?

Yes but only after this 24-card drawing because it's done now:

Without further ado here are the results of the two booster packs.

istewart draws a Oinki-Air

padical draws a Beehemoth

thin blue whine draws a Chromatic God?

tears in a vial draws a Budbuddy

zeth draws a Skeezyshaker and a Fleaphage

bad purchase draws a Gramlin

orc priest draws an AI-ENHANCED GRAMLIN and a regular Mewclear

pac and cheese draws a Microharry and a Texan

chrs draws a Beerdfellow

by popular demand draws a Fenixhair

colonel cancer draws a Future Tyrant

free hubcaps draws a Treeble and a Broccombati

a strange aeon draws a Keebler.XLS

zore draws a Treeble

tankfish draws a GLOWYCHROMATIC Skeezyshaker

jeremor draws a Reighdynne

chubbychecker draws a GLOWY Omegacool

war crime gigolo draws a MONOCHROME ?uestgiver

literally a person draws a MONOCHROME Treeble

sophy wackles draws a Thinktank

My cats are screaming at me for food so I can't add these to the second post until later!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

istewart posted:

Trade you my monochromatic treeble for your pig?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Goddammit I want that Glowy Omegacool so bad

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Literally A Person posted:

Trade you my monochromatic treeble for your pig?

Done! Pigdeck/beefdeck team-up... and Treeble can come too.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
my glowychromatic is threatened by the presence of another glowychromatic

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Not sure if it's allowed but istewart and I have commenced a trade

Their Oinki-Air for my Treeble.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

And as a bonus draw, I roll #3 from the Signup Sheet which is Padical who receives a bonus card, Beerdfellow, #23

Cool thank you. I would like to attack someone with my Beerdfellow. I will sideboard the Snifflekid for now.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

deep dish peat moss: you okay if I make up some kind of stat table for people to roll for so our VIRTUMON can BATTLE?
(I'm not sure what you've got planned and don't wanna step on the toes of this cool rear end lil project, so feel free to say no)

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

quote:

MODE 7

Extremely proud of my very good mons, gonna do some great things, with these mons.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i got 3 virtumon now

if anyone wants to join my gang, we're basically the team rocket of virtumon, the virtusignalers

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I want to Join and embrace my true calling as Collector of Mons.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The Rabbi T. White posted:

deep dish peat moss: you okay if I make up some kind of stat table for people to roll for so our VIRTUMON can BATTLE?
(I'm not sure what you've got planned and don't wanna step on the toes of this cool rear end lil project, so feel free to say no)

Yes absolutely, the less I have to do of mechanical stuff and the tracking thereof the better. But I will dole out a reward currency based on the battles or whatever

my two rules:
RISK
Battling has to risk losing a 'mon altogether, not just into another person's collection but like permanent death. It doesn't have to be death but there has to be something to permanently lost when failing at something. (and that something has to not require me doing extra art changes every time it happens which makes "losing a card" an easy option)

REWARD
There has to be a clear "winner" or "success" condition upon which I can dispense reward currency

You are also free to work out some kind of RPG mechanics, I actually have a diceroll-based Price Is Right type system that I wrote for this but haven't finalized. And a sort of stat system. I had no plans to actually use this stuff ITT but give me a sec and I'll post it in case you want to use it

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 15, 2022

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ok so earlier in the planning phase before I realized I was making it too complex for me to run this all myself without making it a full-time job this was what the card was going to look like:

The Mind/Body/Soul attributes would range from -4 to +4 - red pips for negative, green for positive.

Psycho-competencies were going to be sort of psychic spells or spell schools the 'mon had learned. Things like, idk, Psychokinetic. Through [???] the mon would acquire and levelup their Psycho-competencies and that would give them abilities that they could use.

Skills on the other hand would be just skills that the 'mon had picked up. Hacking. Or Dancing. or whatever, literally anything the player wanted.
(at this point in the planning phase it was just one 'mon per poster)

Inventory was self-explanatory, items or gear they picked up.

Psycho-competencies, Skills, and Inventory would all have bonuses in the form of Tags. So like, you get a Knife, that has a "Cutting" tag. You learn the Hacking skill and that has a "Computers" tag. You learn Psycho-kinetics and that has the "Lifting" tag. Phobias and Proficiencies idk

So the game would be a sort of CYOA story:

This consisted of "Events" and the players could resolve them via "Actions", each Action would be tagged with (1)An Attribute, and (2) a number of tags from the above. And having the appropriate tags available to you would increase your abilities when taking on actions with that tag.

Here were the Price is Right diceroll mechanics:

And then as I was planning it, Attributes would move your roll closer to (for positive attributes) or further from (negative attributes) - for the attribute tagged to the Action anyway.
Then for the things with tags (competencies, skills, items), they would shift your final roll toward a better outcome, without affecting success chance. So like, a knife with +1 Cutting would bring you 1 closer to the DC for calculating the degree of success in a fight (you can stab and kill instead of just bludgeon with your fists), but not your ability to win the fight in the first place.

I don't know if that makes any sense at all because I never finished fleshing it out, you can ignore it or do something with it if you want

My thought was that maybe in the future I would do a thread like that where people could use any of their Virtumon card collection as their character. But unless I can find a way to make money doing this I will not be able to put that much time and mental effort into it lmao, I have debilitatingly-bad adhd and have limited time where i can focus distraction-free throughout the day.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 15, 2022

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
that's a lot of stats but i would like to say, if there was an anime, the main characters main virtumon would definitely be a backgroundian, the perfect underdog story

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Seekerbot
Mind: -2 / Body: 3 / Soul: 1
Proficiencies: seeking
Phobias: dogs
Inventory: malware USB drive +1, miniature jet pack
Psycho-competencies: find [weakness]
Skills: conduct [electricity], fly [to safely]

Thinktank
Mind: 4 / Body: -4 / Soul: 2
Proficiencies: internet flame wars
Phobias: sunlight
Inventory: adderall, vintage Crystal Pepsi +1
Psycho-competencies: telekinetic [slam]
Skills: watch [anime], eat [poop]

Now who wants to battle?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Business Wolf's favorite food is beef chow mein, and his hair is always perfect which is key to his success

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I have the following Virtumon:

Your first draw is a Browser, #30

Regular Winners:
chief mchealth
Ninjaneric (#14)

Noted, and you have been assigned a Shellshok for your inconvenience.

I’ll give the rights to all of them to whomstsoevereth upgrades my account to platinum (no mean custom titles plstks). No PMs obviously, so post here that it’s been done and I’ll confirm your rights to my Virtumons.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Wow, there's already a Virtumon aftermarket!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Can I still join in on the collection action?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Chief McHeath posted:

I’ll give the rights to all of them to whomstsoevereth upgrades my account to platinum (no mean custom titles plstks). No PMs obviously, so post here that it’s been done and I’ll confirm your rights to my Virtumons.

Listen, friend, if you had a GLOWY Omegacool or a Chromatic God?, then I'd be on board, but you're asking a platinum price for some standard poo poo.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It is not too late to join, no! I have been hard at work expanding the Virtumon universe with new friends and full-color artwork, but I will add newcomers and open some booster packs (of Season 1 - the outlined ones) soon.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Hit me up with that virtumon stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubsy 3-D 2 Deep 4 Me
Sep 24, 2013

Young Orc
JOIN the heck outta this