Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares's ability to turn fear cards face-up effectively has its benefit multiplied by the number of players/boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I played my first game as Dances Up Earthquakes and loved it so much I wanted to play it again immediately. I decided to try a solo game against England 6 (I don't usually play solo games, or adversaries as hard as England 6, or England much in general) because it seemed like Dances Up Earthquakes would have a good matchup against it. Ended up winning by a pure Fear victory with seven unresolved Fear cards earned.

This might be my new favorite spirit. They seem strong and fun, they're not as hard to play as they seem but they make you feel clever when things line up anyhow.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

ConfusedUs posted:

Volcano owns. Especially if you focus on small eruptions instead of saving up for the big one.

Every time I play Volcano I end up going "Erupt for X=2, kill a town" almost every turn.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fractured Days is the one spirit nobody in my group touches. A couple of us tried it once or twice and found it super ineffective. I'm sure it can do a lot in the right hands since it has a couple of effects that are conceptually very powerful, though.

I'm surprised to see Lightning's Swift Strike Immense and Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares so low down, but maybe that's just a result of this tier list being made in games with only 1-2 spirits.

edit: Also surprised to see Vengeance as a Burning Plague so high up, that's one of the few spirits that stood out to me as feeling a bit undertuned. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong?

Lottery of Babylon fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 28, 2023

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Guard Them Yourself, For Well or For Ill is different from all other "pay energy, aided by [element]" events. All the others are "pay N energy per player", but this one is "pay 3 energy per land where you chose the damage-invaders option instead of the lose-a-presence option". You might choose destroy presence in some lands instead of dealing damage because you don't want to (or can't afford to) pay so much energy.

The app not having the Jagged Earth powers/events is the only reason I haven't picked it up yet. I plan to buy the whole thing in ~March when the first stage of Jagged Earth releases.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

John Lee posted:

Just to be clear, you mean place presence, blight the land you grew into, then lose presence later by some other effect, right? Wildfire doesn't lose presence by placing blight, but losing presence to enemy action isn't super common either.

They know, they're saying "You have to flood the board with blight but you get inordinately punished if the blight card flips to any presence removal effect."

Heart of the Wildfire has always looked strong to me but I've only seen it in four-player games where it can have some extra blight without flipping the blight card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

"Once per round, ignore range" is nice just for being an ultra-simple bandaid patch to Shadows. It's not enough to make Shadows strong, but it keeps the feel of the special rule the same except removing the energy tax makes it no longer feel horribly to use?

Feather and Flame has sweet aspects. All the non-Shadows ones are really fun, especially Immense.