Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
super glad you liked it. the minis are all christmas/holiday minis if you noticed. the deck is supposed to be the most fun one that you dont already have to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Something got delivered to me. I will find out what is later today.

It arrived!

Thank you Goonsir! At some point these Italians will be vainly defending Bardia against the 6th Australian Division that an uncle was a member of. Getting an entire platoon of infantry can go with my (captured) Italian Tanks - I just need some artillery and transport next for Bolt Action. I should build some bunkers for them too.

The City of Thieves is a classic Fighting Fantasy. Quite hard in that if you miss one single entry it's the end of the adventure.

Thank you, Goonsir!

Comstar fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 14, 2022

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning

LaSquida posted:

Banished to the far reaches from my home as I fall into the grip of Covid, what's that I hear? 'Tis the parcel person, with Christmas cheer!

Thanks so much, Santa! I love everything; the lil' 3d printed mans and the dull art shiny lands were very nice touches.

Edit: I can't get my image to display
https://imgur.com/a/RYMVvGf

Edit 2: wait what about now

btw, i really wanted to print you some heavy gear stuff as its rare i come across another fan, but heavy gear models are surprisingly hard to find. I was going to try and find some tau that would work cross purpose and fell down a huge rabbit hole. But I will basically give you one voucher good for one big model or a squad of reasonable size models of your choice if you indicate someone you fancy

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Elendil004 posted:

Yeah I felt like I could not simply send you a dice bag without some eyepropriate dice for it. Did it really arrive at like 1am?

No, that's when I retrieved it from the stoop, unless someone was really working late!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Got half of my gift in, I'll take pictures when the other half arrives. Thanks Santa!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

LR1 looks like it is out for delivery and LR2 is delivered tomorrow

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Comstar posted:

Something got delivered to me. I will find out what is later today.

It arrived!

Thank you Goonsir! At some point these Italians will be vainly defending Bardia against the 6th Australian Division that an uncle was a member of. Getting an entire platoon of infantry can go with my (captured) Italian Tanks - I just need some artillery and transport next for Bolt Action. I should build some bunkers for them too.

The City of Thieves is a classic Fighting Fantasy. Quite hard in that if you miss one single entry it's the end of the adventure.

Thank you, Goonsir!

Hey, super glad you liked them! Funnily enough both of these gifts are Christmas miracles in that both places I got them from swore blind they did not have anything matching what I was asking for until I managed to find them buried in the back of some shelving :v:

Definitely post some pics in the Historical thread when you've got your stuff painted up, I'd love to see the final results!

Merry Christmas.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I recieved half of my lightning round gift which would have been sufficient on its own but apparently it's package 1/2.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I got a cool looking OSR adventure on DTRPG today.

It looks cool, can't wait to dig into it and maybe throw it at my players.

I assumed that was the end of my TGSS journey for the year but then an absolute BRICK of Gloomhaven arrived without any note. I can only guess it's from LR2, in which case thank you!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

I recieved half of my lightning round gift which would have been sufficient on its own but apparently it's package 1/2.

What did you get?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

What did you get?

I was going to post everything together, but:

Lyudameow Pawvlichenko and Purry Gagarin both approve of these awesome TINY GIANT ROBOTS to add the the colossal mechanical mayhem of feuding feudal space lords in the 31st century.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ooh

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cheer has been deployed for LR 2, fingers crossed but every store I looked at wouldn't guarantee pre-xmas shipping later than the start of last week even with their fastest and most expensive options. Parcel post in the US is wild.

e: Backup cheer has been deployed from the Bezos Store, the only place left that will guarantee

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 15, 2022

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Bucnasti posted:

I got a cool looking OSR adventure on DTRPG today.

It looks cool, can't wait to dig into it and maybe throw it at my players.

I assumed that was the end of my TGSS journey for the year but then an absolute BRICK of Gloomhaven arrived without any note. I can only guess it's from LR2, in which case thank you!

These were from me, LR2 Santa! I have PMed you with a *digital gift* that I was going to send with the dtrpg order but then they didn't let me write a gift message and then I was going to send in a card but then I figured having it in a copy-pastable format would be much better.

I also had issues getting the last two pieces (the physical parts of that dtrpg book) and a SURPRISE to arrive on time, so enjoy your current gifts and then you will get a bonus second secret santa exchange! Sort of.

Also explained in the PM.

You mentioned getting started with a boardgame collection, so why not the Gloomhaven starter set!

I backed OU on Kickstarter and it is cool, first thing I thought of with OSR. The other parts of the KS are taking their sweet time to get done, but hey, enjoy the finished part!

Glad it sounds like you will enjoy the gifts!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

thegodofchuck posted:

These were from me, LR2 Santa! I have PMed you with a *digital gift* that I was going to send with the dtrpg order but then they didn't let me write a gift message and then I was going to send in a card but then I figured having it in a copy-pastable format would be much better.

I also had issues getting the last two pieces (the physical parts of that dtrpg book) and a SURPRISE to arrive on time, so enjoy your current gifts and then you will get a bonus second secret santa exchange! Sort of.

Also explained in the PM.

You mentioned getting started with a boardgame collection, so why not the Gloomhaven starter set!

I backed OU on Kickstarter and it is cool, first thing I thought of with OSR. The other parts of the KS are taking their sweet time to get done, but hey, enjoy the finished part!

Glad it sounds like you will enjoy the gifts!

Whoa. Just saw the PM, forgot that I had them. Thank you so much!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cheer has arrived!

Thank you, Santa Berenzen! These are both brilliant. I've had my eye on the Horizon art book for a while because, as you say, you can't go wrong with Dino Robots. And I loved the game (gently caress Ted Faro). And you are very right, space is cool and I can't wait to lose myself in the universe, both for ideas for sci-fi games and just in general because space is brilliant.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

My LR2 order from MM shipped today so it should arrive by Christmas. I'll shoot the tracking number to Leperfish.

Since we got started late this year, we didn't get nearly as many Lightning rounds as last year, would anyone else be interested in a Digital Only Lightning Round?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Everything has been shipped/sent for LR2!

Also, two packages came in...unboxing post to come after I get home from work.

Owlbear Camus posted:

I was going to post everything together, but:

Lyudameow Pawvlichenko and Purry Gagarin both approve of these awesome TINY GIANT ROBOTS to add the the colossal mechanical mayhem of feuding feudal space lords in the 31st century.

Well, I was worried at first these might be the wrong mechs, but if not one, but two cats approve, then I account myself vindicated! (Part 2 should be in no later than Monday per the delivery delay notice I got last night)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

They were just right! I am going to have my daughter figure out which are her favorite and pick a house and we'll each paint them up in our chosen livery. Thanks!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Years ago I had the idea that any Handler worth their salt working for Delta Green would want an FBI style raid jacket. You know, a windbreaker with big letters on the back really let the world know who you are. I pitched it, and Arc Dream went for it. It was a big hit, I even had my jacket signed by Shane Ivey, Dennis Detwiller, Adam Scott Glancy, and Greg Stolze:

But, now that it was signed I can hardly wear it out and ruin it, so it sat as a museum piece. The first run sold out anyways. But, another run was created, and my secret santa, who didn't even know the story got me this one.

Here's the side by side.

Thanks! I couldn't justify buying myself a second one but since it was a gift well now I gotta sport it!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I just received a wrapped gift from a goon! Thank you so much! Saving it for Christmas!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Elendil004 posted:

Years ago I had the idea that any Handler worth their salt working for Delta Green would want an FBI style raid jacket. You know, a windbreaker with big letters on the back really let the world know who you are. I pitched it, and Arc Dream went for it. It was a big hit, I even had my jacket signed by Shane Ivey, Dennis Detwiller, Adam Scott Glancy, and Greg Stolze:

But, now that it was signed I can hardly wear it out and ruin it, so it sat as a museum piece. The first run sold out anyways. But, another run was created, and my secret santa, who didn't even know the story got me this one.

Here's the side by side.

Thanks! I couldn't justify buying myself a second one but since it was a gift well now I gotta sport it!

Haha I didn't realize I was also gifting confirmation of your marketing genius. There was a lapel pin in the package as well right?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Haha I didn't realize I was also gifting confirmation of your marketing genius. There was a lapel pin in the package as well right?

Yeah, sorry too small for the picture and I stuck it on my hat already but there was! Great gift. Thank you.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
More Warhammy Christmas cheer at my doorstep:

Another awesome HQ unit, this time for my flame-wielding warrior nuns! Plus a SoB novel I had no idea existed! This may be just the inspiration to get my wife and I to paint up a Kill Team and some Battle Sisters this holiday break. (We share an especially nerdy love for these warrior space nuns: her dissertation focused on the evolution of Catholic orders and I was a medievalist back in grad school, so I’m sure we’re completely unbearable when we talk about SoB together.)

Sadly neither book nor model came with any note to let me know whom to thank, but rest assured anonymous goon(s), both are immensely appreciated additions to my 40K related hoard!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Got the 2nd package in and DANG.

Taken seconds before Inspector Navi tested the board out with her feet.

Roll and Fight: Vengeance, a Keyforge Adventure, and a really amazing looking marble pastry board and rolling pin. All with a nice handwritten card to boot! Thanks ibntumart!

My wife asked what game the pastry board goes to and I told her ~the game of life~

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ibntumart posted:

Sadly neither book nor model came with any note to let me know whom to thank, but rest assured anonymous goon(s), both are immensely appreciated additions to my 40K related hoard!

That was me, I forgot to mark it in my hubris!

I have both that Vahl and Celestine and I was torn on which one to get you but picked Vahl cause "nundams" are always fun to look at and paint (though I've not had the chance to paint my Vahl yet...)

I just listened to Our Martyr'd Lady and Ephrael Stern and am on a SoB kick myself at the moment

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Dec 16, 2022

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
It was a two-package day!

First I received an absurdly large box from Amazon with a gift bag inside:

DressCodeBlue's "hold-you-over' gift!

It's a box! What's in the box???

It's a card organizer, thanks DCB!

A very festive package number two was also received:

Thanks Santa #4!

Rocking! A noisy marine!

A custom dice case (and shaker?)

With chaos caps!

And there are thematic Slaanesh dice too!

Thanks Santas!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Junior Trainee Customs Officer Bonnie inspected another package for me today

The greater good will now be spread to my home and office :feck:

Thanks Santa!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
I received a little gift in the mail yesterday!

FOR THE OMNISSIAH!!! But I have no idea who it is from. :(

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That was from me!

You have another gift coming, but it was a custom-made one, so it was a bit delayed. I finally got notice this morning that a shipping label was created, so I'm hopeful you'll still get it in time. I'll post when they give an expected delivery date.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 16, 2022

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Junior Trainee Customs Officer Bonnie inspected another package for me today

The greater good will now be spread to my home and office :feck:

Thanks Santa!

You're very welcome! I may have stopped playing 40K before the T'au existed, but I know that big mechs with big guns are always cool.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Package 2/2 arrived today.

ibntumart really went all out, not only two full lances of Battlemechs to prepare me for warfare, but a sourcebook for space soldiers to take and hold ground, and one for galactic diplomats to negotiate a peace settlement when the laser guns at long last fall silent.

Field Marshall Georgy Mhewkov cannot help but be absolutely blown away by the tremendous goonerocity of my lightning round Santa.

Thanks and I hope you have a merry one!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

thegodofchuck posted:

A very festive package number two was also received:

Thanks Santa #4!

Rocking! A noisy marine!

A custom dice case (and shaker?)

With chaos caps!

And there are thematic Slaanesh dice too!

Thanks Santas!

You're welcome! The dice cup is for rolling and/or storing dice, whatever you want, really.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Can you reveal source for that dice cup? Because goddamn that's pretty. :stare:

thegodofchuck posted:

It was a two-package day!

First I received an absurdly large box from Amazon with a gift bag inside:

DressCodeBlue's "hold-you-over' gift!

It's a box! What's in the box???

It's a card organizer, thanks DCB!

I saw a pic of the box from delivery confirmation and was also confused about why it was so ridiculously lorge.

The half of your for-real gift I was still waiting on finally got here today, so hoping to ship it to you this weekend!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

A parcel of unknown origin has arrived at my apartment.

I'll open it up tonight!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

DressCodeBlue posted:

Can you reveal source for that dice cup? Because goddamn that's pretty. :stare:

Thanks! The source is me, I made it. (And it's what made the package take so long.)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Expected delivery date for main gift is Tuesday the 20th!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Thanks! The source is me, I made it. (And it's what made the package take so long.)

I was thinking that might have been the case, thanks for the extra mile!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The hand tooling on that chaos star is pretty nice. I think you must have been doing a fair bit of leatherwork before. I'm impressed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

A parcel of festive cheer has arrived!

The true Christmas gift - knowing I'm not insane and that it really is a pain in the rear end to find hex games for everyone else in Aus.

My awesome goon santa emailed through two print and play games:
I've heard really great things about Hollandspiele's solo games, I had no idea they were available to print and play! This one will definitely be getting printed and assembled in the coming days.

This was also a very spot-on selection and I'm looking forward to trying it out!

The contents of the parcel - Journal 29 is a puzzle book where you work through a narrative by solving a series of puzzles. Solving a puzzle will give you a 'key' that is used in future puzzles. It feels very similar to escape-room-in-a-box style stuff like Exit or Unlocked but contained in a book. Looking forward to diving into this with my wife as we've both got some time off over Christmas.

Thank you very much, goon santa!