Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dear Santa,

My name's DigitalRaven and I'm a Santaholic. It's been 8 years since I started taking part in this glorious tradition and I have no desire to break my streak.

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but I tend to like deck builders and narrative things, frequently with cards — Star Realms/Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, Arkham Horror LCG, and many and varied Tiny Epic games are always a hit. I've not tried any of the Final Girl series, but I've heard good things and that it'd probably be to my taste. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing! I like weird and wonderful stuff as well, things that spark the imagination: obscure roleplaying games, interesting tarot decks, weird bits of art, that kind of thing. More Escher than Geiger, more Carcosa than Cthulhu, but anything that'll get my brain flowing.

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome, and I'm good with dongs. I mean, I'm good with receiving dongs. I've not had any complaints about anything else I do involving dongs, but that's not TGSS-related.

I should note that I don't play wargames or paint miniatures.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

By the three holy (and four unholy) testicles of Vectron I shall not grinch.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Count me in for Lightning Bonus Round 1!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

You are surely the greatest of all the gods I believe in today, given your mastery of the Spreadsheet of Cheer and ensuring that a bunch of goddamn nerds get each other nice things, and I want to be part of that tradition once again!

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but I tend to like deck builders and narrative things, frequently with cards — Star Realms/Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, Arkham Horror LCG, and many and varied Tiny Epic games are always a hit. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing! I like weird and wonderful stuff as well, things that spark the imagination: obscure roleplaying games, interesting tarot decks, weird bits of art, that kind of thing. More Escher than Geiger, more Carcosa than Cthulhu, but anything that'll get my brain flowing.

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome, and I'm good with dongs. I mean, I'm good with receiving dongs. I've not had any complaints about anything else I do involving dongs, but that's not TGSS-related.

General Location

Solemn Vow

By Freya's mighty thews, Hephaestus' majestic tool, and Khorne's glorious merkin I swear I shall not grinch.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cheer has been deployed!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

SirFozzie posted:

Cheer Received! A digital gift card to DTRPG! Thanks! With the move coming up I can either hold on to it and buy physical after the move, or buy several PDFs. Really appreciated!

This was me! I figured it was best to go for something that'd give you some flexibility given the move, as I know how stressful it can be.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning Round 1 cheer has been deployed!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I'm feeling the cheer this year. Sign me up for Lightning Round 2!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

You are surely the greatest of all the gods I believe in today, given your mastery of the Spreadsheet of Cheer and ensuring that a bunch of goddamn nerds get each other nice things, and I want to be part of that tradition once again!

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but I tend to like deck builders and narrative things, frequently with cards — Star Realms/Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, Arkham Horror LCG, and many and varied Tiny Epic games are always a hit. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing! I like weird and wonderful stuff as well, things that spark the imagination: obscure roleplaying games, interesting tarot decks, weird bits of art, that kind of thing. More Escher than Geiger, more Carcosa than Cthulhu, but anything that'll get my brain flowing.

General Location

Solemn Vow

By Freya's mighty thews, Hephaestus' majestic tool, and Khorne's glorious merkin I swear I shall not grinch.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Junior Trainee Customs Officer Bonnie inspected a package for me today

:toot: I'm sorry Ms. Jackson ooooooh, I am for real
Never meant to make your daughter cry
I am four TDs and not a guy :slick:

Thanks Santa!

Please tell me you're going to convert them to go better with the song...

Context: https://imgur.com/F4ubroV

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A rather large package of cheer arrived! Naturally, it had to pass feline inspection, thanks to special agent Sinister of the FPI (feline postal inspectorate)

Why yes, that is an envelope on the front bearing the (badly cropped) address. Inside is an explanatory letter, reproduced here in full that other goons can appreciate the work of Hieronymous Q. Lammershammer on behalf of Forms User Loxbourne.

Inside the package is a game I have not heard of, but look forwards to playing a lot

Any game that encourages shouting and jeering at one's opponent is sure to be a fast favourite among friends.

Thank you, Loxbourne! This is absolutely brilliant, and both the game and letter left a massive smile on my face.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Time for a new bony boi for the collection, looks like Harvester #2 and once I get more Mortek guard I can stick both of them behind some mortek guard blobs for some real annoying resurrection fun times for the other guy.

Thanks DigitalRaven! :black101:

edit: I have no idea what to do with the base for this, I originally was planning on buying or trying again to print (I've struggled with 3D printing, I wonder if I just don't have the right spot for the printer) some bases. You can make some yourself, of course, but I quite like the pre-gen bases

Incidentally, I actually found some bases I might like....from Txarli Factory. Figures lol

"Annoying Resurrection Fun Times" is surely the best part of any boney boi army!

There's a second part that I thought would be delivered at the same time, but the Elves of Bezos now say should be arriving today.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A package arrived! Within was tentacular and squamous cheer, featuring mysteries to solve:

Thank you, Santa! This really made my day.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning Round 2 cheer has been deployed!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cheer has arrived!

Thank you, Santa Berenzen! These are both brilliant. I've had my eye on the Horizon art book for a while because, as you say, you can't go wrong with Dino Robots. And I loved the game (gently caress Ted Faro). And you are very right, space is cool and I can't wait to lose myself in the universe, both for ideas for sci-fi games and just in general because space is brilliant.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Junior Trainee Customs Officer Bonnie inspected another package for me today

The greater good will now be spread to my home and office :feck:

Thanks Santa!

You're very welcome! I may have stopped playing 40K before the T'au existed, but I know that big mechs with big guns are always cool.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Yes indeed, three cheers for Leperflesh, who has once again masterminded TGSS to a resounding success!

Hip-hip! Hooray!
Hip-hip! Hooray!
Hip-hip! Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Bonus round 1:
DigitalRaven: 1/2 received, is one still coming to your santee?

Both parts arrived, so there's nothing more to come...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Time for a new bony boi for the collection, looks like Harvester #2 and once I get more Mortek guard I can stick both of them behind some mortek guard blobs for some real annoying resurrection fun times for the other guy.

Thanks DigitalRaven! :black101:

edit: I have no idea what to do with the base for this, I originally was planning on buying or trying again to print (I've struggled with 3D printing, I wonder if I just don't have the right spot for the printer) some bases. You can make some yourself, of course, but I quite like the pre-gen bases

Incidentally, I actually found some bases I might like....from Txarli Factory. Figures lol

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The package gomblins have arrived and dropped off a present!

Thanks DigitalRaven! Sounds like someone coordinated :monocle:

I thought I cleaned up the mold lines, but after uploading the image I see I missed several places/didn't do a good enough job. Ugh, right through the middle of the face :negative: well, some of these Edgerunners aren't going to win any beauty contests, at least they'll be painted soon instead of stuck in a monocolor braindance!

Thanks again!