Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! It's that time again!

Gift Preferences

Blood Bowl - Forge World; here is my Visual Guide (tm)

GW
- would like to make a squad of the retro Noise Marines which would require... at least 7-8 due to needing to convert a blastmaster (gotta have 6 for Slaanesh's power number, of course)
- also down for a couple of Goff Rockers for the project (and one for its own niftiness)

Dice / Dice Bags
Cool ones only please.

Board Games
Decorum (deluxe if you can find it cheap enough)

Non-GW Wargaming
One for the crafter goons out there (or who know where to find stuff): I have a fair amount of Clan War miniatures that I have always wanted to make modular so I could still use them to play Clan War (a dead game I've never played) and Kings of War (a living game I've yet to play). The idea would be to combine a few clans as a Kingdoms of Men force. This would probably involve some sort of multi-basing solution using the 75% percent of a full unit rules, as the base sizes are different. See here for a breakdown of base sizes if you want to do my work for me as a gift.

Cards
A storage solution for various card decks for rpgs and storygames. Ideally would hold tuckboxes and/or cards, and would look nice (really?). Could even have spots for tokens, but we don't need to push it. You can see the sorts of cards I'm intending to store here (basically there are a lot of standard decks, but some tarot, some small, and some odd. Fitting everything might be impossible!). Also tucks or cases for smaller cards (that wouldn't be part of this group) could be good as part of this or as a different gift (e.g. to fit the recent Kings of War cards).

In a bygone TGSS, I received all of The Badger Deck decks except the 11-20 cards, which would be an idea along with some sort of nice storage box for those (the entire set of 443 cards).

General Location
Saint Louis (USA)

Solemn Vow
I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell us all what I got and who sent it to me, so help me Leperflesh.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santees #1 and 2, all gifts ordered and being sent directly to them. Cheer has been deployed, duck and cover!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #4 all gifts ordered!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #5 all gifts ordered!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #3 partially ordered, last part should be ordered within the day (will post again).

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #3 all items ordered, all Santees ordered in full.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Well hey there package!

That's straight-up a giveaway because... I've ordered from them before! I know that this is definitely a Secret Santa present. "Aha!" I think. "I am a smarty-pants."

Thank you Santa #2, you are the fastest goon.

Holy Christ on a cracker this is a monster of a dice bag!

There is no escape from its baleful gaze.

With actual dice, for scale.

With its smaller siblings that already resided in my home.

Thank you mysterious Santa #2, I shall have to decide which dice to feed it. It will certainly be able to eat many, many dice.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 1, 2022

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Morpheus posted:

I have received a copy of So You've Been Eaten and Fog of Love from a generous GodofChuck! Both games I had been eyeing but never seen in my local store so I'm looking quite forward to trying them out with my partner

I'm glad it hit the spot! There's a small additional delivery coming as well (Sunday in theory).

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Owlbear Camus posted:

From spies the Galaxy Far Far Away Long ago, to far less subtle conflicts in the 31st century of this galaxy.

Lyudameow Pawvlichenko approves.

Thank you Secret Santa!

It's what I cut my teeth on when I first got into the tabletop hobby back in the 90s, and after a bunch of moves and shuffles in life I didn't have a single mech miniature or hex map. Now I'm going to crack this bad boy open and introduce my kids to the joys of an AC/20 crit to the head.

Glad you got them both and you can now kill 'em with the lil guns and the big guns (and with the lil 'uns)!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Morpheus posted:

Got it this evening, I'm already opening board games to find where I can use these 32 little containers, perfect for my organization-obsessed brain. Also can plan them into future organizers (the same way Fog of Love has two little plastic containers that slot perfectly into its organizer, which is basically ASMR for me)

Glad you like 'em! Enjoy the playing and organizing!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

ibntumart posted:

I knew I forgot to add something to my post :doh: The books were safe and bone-dry, thankfully!

That's what I was worried about too, phew!

There should be two pdfs though, there's an item book also, is that in there? I got the travel edition because the HC is ridiculously zonkin' huuuuge. Same content. This is a new edition, not the forums version BTW. It should fill your gamebook cravin'

The mail delivery's not done yet though =)

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

jassi007 posted:

Mysterious packages in the mail. Thank you Santa!

One more mysterious package to go. What will it be???

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
A package in the mail? That I didn't order?

It must be from a Secret Santa!

It's Decorum! Just what I wanted!

How did you know, Santa? It must have been the list.

It even has the fancy de-luxe tokens that I wanted! :dance:

What an un-bear-ably cute card!

Thanks, Santa!

(#1 Santa, cheeky) ;)

I figured the extremely loud box would be a great background for all of the pictures too.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Part ManRat
Part Machine
All Football

The Verminator!

Thanks Santa #?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

ToyotaThong posted:

https://imgur.com/BpfnLos
Christmas cheer has arrived at the ToyotaThong house!
Thank you very much thegodofchuck.
Chaos has inspected and approved.

There's a part 2, too. Not a tutu.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Sign me up for a Lightning Round!

See below for my wish list, but note that I had several Santas, I'll note below changes as of this post but they're not all in.

thegodofchuck posted:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! It's that time again!

Gift Preferences

Blood Bowl - Forge World; here is my Visual Guide (tm)
Kreek has been received

GW
- would like to make a squad of the retro Noise Marines which would require... at least 7-8 due to needing to convert a blastmaster (gotta have 6 for Slaanesh's power number, of course)
- also down for a couple of Goff Rockers for the project (and one for its own niftiness)

Dice / Dice Bags
Cool ones only please.
I got a pretty cool dice bag, so either dice or a dice bag that would work well for the Ocean Dice would be it for this category.

Board Games
Decorum (deluxe if you can find it cheap enough)Got it!

Non-GW Wargaming
One for the crafter goons out there (or who know where to find stuff): I have a fair amount of Clan War miniatures that I have always wanted to make modular so I could still use them to play Clan War (a dead game I've never played) and Kings of War (a living game I've yet to play). The idea would be to combine a few clans as a Kingdoms of Men force. This would probably involve some sort of multi-basing solution using the 75% percent of a full unit rules, as the base sizes are different. See here for a breakdown of base sizes if you want to do my work for me as a gift.

Cards
A storage solution for various card decks for rpgs and storygames. Ideally would hold tuckboxes and/or cards, and would look nice (really?). Could even have spots for tokens, but we don't need to push it. You can see the sorts of cards I'm intending to store here (basically there are a lot of standard decks, but some tarot, some small, and some odd. Fitting everything might be impossible!). Also tucks or cases for smaller cards (that wouldn't be part of this group) could be good as part of this or as a different gift (e.g. to fit the recent Kings of War cards).

In a bygone TGSS, I received all of The Badger Deck decks except the 11-20 cards, which would be an idea along with some sort of nice storage box for those (the entire set of 443 cards).

General Location
Saint Louis (USA)

Solemn Vow
I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell us all what I got and who sent it to me, so help me Leperflesh.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Gaghskull posted:

That was me! Forge world didn't have a way for me to indicate which Santa I was.

Thanks, Santa!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

jassi007 posted:

Hark packages!

This one arrived a day or two ago, I just hadn't gotten around to digging into it. Thank you Santa!

This was the last part of mine. Enjoy!

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 10, 2022

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

ToyotaThong posted:

Part 2 arrived.
ORK KOMMANDOS!
Thanks again!
You are far too generous.

Wanted to hit all the bases!
Not sure if the seller had instructions, I'm sure you could find some with a cursory search online like I did, but that's not the holiday spirit!
https://imgur.io/a/dj2S659

Enjoy!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

ibntumart posted:

Original Santee has 1 of 2 packages on the way (ETA December 15th) and second will be shipped express tomorrow…LR Santee has all packages en route, first package ETA December 13th and the rest by December 17th.

Also, two more packages came to my doorstep:

Many thanks, godofchuck! I will be an expert in Horusology in the near future now.

Wow, was not expecting to have the HQest of Cogboy HQs too! No note inside, but gratitude aplenty to whomever sent Cawl.

These were both me! Logic dictated Cawl. Once you get the physical Bastard Elfboy, that's it for Christmas! From me.

I got a present too!

Dice bags! Well, I don't think that was the present part.

I suspect that is a play on words.

These will probably go well with my dice bag! But I don't know if I got an extra d6 or not enough. I'm going to go with extra, and feel blessed by the Eye of Sauron.

Thank you Santa #2!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Elendil004 posted:

Yeah I felt like I could not simply send you a dice bag without some eyepropriate dice for it. Did it really arrive at like 1am?

No, that's when I retrieved it from the stoop, unless someone was really working late!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Bucnasti posted:

I got a cool looking OSR adventure on DTRPG today.

It looks cool, can't wait to dig into it and maybe throw it at my players.

I assumed that was the end of my TGSS journey for the year but then an absolute BRICK of Gloomhaven arrived without any note. I can only guess it's from LR2, in which case thank you!

These were from me, LR2 Santa! I have PMed you with a *digital gift* that I was going to send with the dtrpg order but then they didn't let me write a gift message and then I was going to send in a card but then I figured having it in a copy-pastable format would be much better.

I also had issues getting the last two pieces (the physical parts of that dtrpg book) and a SURPRISE to arrive on time, so enjoy your current gifts and then you will get a bonus second secret santa exchange! Sort of.

Also explained in the PM.

You mentioned getting started with a boardgame collection, so why not the Gloomhaven starter set!

I backed OU on Kickstarter and it is cool, first thing I thought of with OSR. The other parts of the KS are taking their sweet time to get done, but hey, enjoy the finished part!

Glad it sounds like you will enjoy the gifts!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
It was a two-package day!

First I received an absurdly large box from Amazon with a gift bag inside:

DressCodeBlue's "hold-you-over' gift!

It's a box! What's in the box???

It's a card organizer, thanks DCB!

A very festive package number two was also received:

Thanks Santa #4!

Rocking! A noisy marine!

A custom dice case (and shaker?)

With chaos caps!

And there are thematic Slaanesh dice too!

Thanks Santas!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Thanks! The source is me, I made it. (And it's what made the package take so long.)

I was thinking that might have been the case, thanks for the extra mile!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

thegodofchuck posted:

I also had issues getting the last two pieces (the physical parts of that dtrpg book) and a SURPRISE to arrive on time, so enjoy your current gifts and then you will get a bonus second secret santa exchange!

Good news, Bucnasti! Expect this soon! Not the DTRPG of course.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Another package!

Some Kings of War Orcs?

Aha, they're the drum section, from... Santa Goon!

(Thanks to Mantic for the painted shot)

Thanks mystery Santa!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Bucnasti posted:

Received this cute Chewbacca T-shirt this weekend, I'm assuming this is the surprise portion of my gift haul from thegodofchuck.

May last gift is supposed to arrive tomorrow!

That was the "surprise" part! Uh, surprise!

Now it's just stinky DTRPG and their inefficient POD delivery. Thank goodness for pdf.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Owlbear Camus posted:

That's way cooler than the chewbacca tshirt I got you *kicks rocks*

LOL rad stuff.

I liked that one too! There are a lot of not-cool Chewie shirts out there (as I discovered), you got a good one.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 20, 2022

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Bucnasti posted:

I got my hardcopy of Operation Unfathomable yesterday. I think that's the last of my gifts from thegodofchuck.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Yaaay!!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Yes, a round of thanks for Leperflesh, who brings cheer to all!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Owlbear Camus posted:

Wanted to post one last time to say I got a chance to pass down my very first tabletop experience to the kid tonight, and it was a real treat to get to play a blast from the past with my first game of CBT in decades. Thanks to both my Santas for picking up on my yearning to get back into tiny giant robots. Some game aids my SO put in my stocking helped speed along play with the wonderful stompy bois I got in the post from Goons.

Awesome! That's too cool to see all the fun!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Leperflesh posted:

Oh whew I'm glad those got to where they were supposed to go! Thanks for following up, golden bubble.

Here's what my sheet still shows - Santas, please let me know if I've got anything wrong!

Main round
thegodofchuck: 3/4 received, with 1 item shipped (delivered?) to your 3rd Santee?
DressCodeBlue: 1/2 received, 1 still coming for each of your two Santees?
Rhjamiz: received, but didn't get a chance to post what you got.

Bonus round 1:
DigitalRaven: 1/2 received, is one still coming to your santee?

Bonus round 2:
NTRabbit, 2/3, one item per our email discussion with you & your Santee to be figured out still

All items received for Santee #3 except 1 (assuming still in transit, tracking not updated since 12/13)*

*states to contact if not there by 01/22, so just twiddling thumbs for now

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
A wild gift appears!

It's the Goff Rocker!

Thanks Santa! The tour bus was detained at the Armageddon border crossing I'm sure. Squigs are not duty-free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Leperflesh posted:

Oh poo poo he showed up! We were thinking that dude might take up to 180 days, lol

Well, this one came from eBay, not GW. Much quicker.